Abob's: Problem with Leaf Curl Part #2

• Thread starter Abob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Abob

Hello farmers, I believe I have come to my own hypothesis on "The Leaf Curl". From what I've observed and through the last 2-1/2 weeks of trial and error.
1. I defiantly over ferted.
2. I never did check the PH of the run off.
3. RO water strips just about everything good and bad from the water your plants need.

These three def are all tightly related to the health and consistent growth of your Plants (any plants).
Most important would be the PH (in) and the PH (out). When I finely tested my run offs PH It read over 7.8 + and my PPM where blinking at 2000 thats as high as my meter reads. This created a loc out of almost everything my girls needed to grow healthy. As I continued to feed and water the girls, the ferts continued to stock pile for lack of being availible do to PH being so high. The plants have their own ability to work with some PH balances. I sure they did their best because they continued to grow and flower. My out of wack PH which inhibited the uptake of needed magnesium (Mg)
and calcium (Ca) was the reason for the yellowing of the leaves. The leaf curling was a combo of heat stress and max ferts.
I didn't want to flush so I balanced my PH (in) and PH (out) so it read 6.70 coming out. I continued to flush (no ferts) water only every feeding and watering. after a week the newer bud leaves where greening up. The fan leaves have been cannibalized of their nutrients by the plants them selves. I have been taking the expended leaves from the buds for a week now.
I'm sure this has affected the yield or hopefully just the length of the flowering time. I have tested both the MK and BD buds for taste and I must admit it is by far the best I'v grown.

The trics are about a week to 10 days off on the Master Kush which puts them at 60 days flowering and 75 for the Blue Dreams.
I have learned a little more with this grow and am applying it to my vegging plants which will be ready to occupy the flowering tent when their genetic sisters make room for them.
I hope what I have gone through and written about can help another which is learning how to grow. Good luck and keep it green. Abob

IMG 1434
IMG 1432
IMG 1435
A

Abob

Last night I continued with PH'd RO water only no molasses added I got a reading of 1654 PPM on the BD and 1244 PPM on the MK. This is what I've been trying to do. It took longer than due to my impatience.
If this holds true by their 8th week I will be at 700 PPM which has been my target till finish. I may not of got it right as I grew through, but I'm ending up where I should be. Glade I got through the high PPM, the lock out, the heat stress. before they finished out.
I am now getting some nice coated green trim leaves, as they put on some girth. Seem like the BD are making another run building trichs and pistils. interesting.
The MK sucked up more ferts than the BD. Interesting
Here is what they look like today. Please comments are welcome, love to learn. Abob

IMG 1438
IMG 1440
IMG 1441
IMG 1442
IMG 1443
IMG 1436
T

TwoCreeks Redux

Let's try flying bugs for $1,000, Alex!

I think you will be able to finish, but from the looks of the last pictures I am thinking you should be reading one of the root aphid threads.......

A

Abob

I think you will be able to finish, but from the looks of the last pictures I am thinking you should be reading one of the root aphid threads.......

Thanks TwoCreek, I did better I unpotted them and here is what the roots looked like. This was one of the Master Kush's roots they looked great. So as I said I stunted their growth by 2-3 weeks with loc-out do to the PH being to high and the plants not being able to get to what they needed. This next group going in will determine if I need to write Abob Leaf Curl problem three. I sure hope not
Thanks for the help TwoCreek and its all god under the Hood

IMG 1428
420Gator

420Gator

youre next run is gonna be great man just keep postin pics and givin updates

thanks for finishing ur grow log lookin forward to the next round and curios to find out what u pulled on this one

Top Bottom