About 7 weeks in flowering, deficiency or normal

• Thread starter Skunt01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skunt01

Skunt01

So this started about a week ago I'm not sure if its just a nitrogen deficiency which I get or is it potassium. I wasn't sure so I feed a tea that I brewed with 1 N 13 P 22 K. Also added molasses. Would like input please I'm trying not to stress since she showing sign she not ready yet.

About 7 weeks in flowering deficiency or normal
About 7 weeks in flowering deficiency or normal 2
Matthewstever

Matthewstever

Looks like burn...but could be lockout..
First things I check every time are pH and moisture. Once those levels are correct, I can eliminate those as culprits...in my case that is usually a big part of the battle...
Some strains yellow and lose foliage near finishing...
Anyway, I'd triple check the pH, make sure they're not too wet at the roots, and make sure the roots are nice and white.
An ex meter will tell you if your nutes are too high...or you could just flush your medium without knowing for sure that ppms are too high...won't hurt her...
And lots of people flush right before finish anyway.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
While many strains lose their larger fan leaves during flowering, the yellowing usually begins at the bottom of the plant and doesn't cause burnt tips. I get as low as 15% Rh and don't have burnt tips like that, so I going to say that you have a nute imbalance, which is pretty much the same as a lockout. I would ease off of the nutes and give it a moderate flush, since it doesn't seem critical. The yellowed leaves won't recover but as long as new growth looks good, them you are heading in the right direction. Have you defoliated the plant? There seem to be few leaves on the plant, which are used to both create and store energy needed for flowering. With few leaves, there isn't much of a energy reserve for the plant and it could rapidly cause yellowing, although I don't think the primary issue is a lack of nitrogen (the most common reason for yellowing or light green leaves and growth).
Since you are close to finishing, it might be too late to do much about it since they won't grow many new leaves. Keep this in mind for your next grow and maybe go a little easier on the nutes. I grow with much less than most growers use and a ton less than manufacturers recommend, but still have great results. My philospphy is to try to recreate conditions it would find in nature... fertile soil is one thing but the amount of nutrients that are recomended for a small plant would be more suitable for a large tree... just my opinion from decades of growing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom