About To Do Start 2nd Run In Greenhouse. To Pull Tarp Or No?

• Thread starter SNAX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SNAX

SNAX

So we just finished a light dep run and we are about to start our second one. We live in Southern Oregon and we're wondering if its necessary to even pull the tarp if we get this run planted in about 5 days? Will it be faster if we do? We were thinking it would be nice to not pull it because our humidity gets too high when the blackout is down but we don't want it to elongate the flowering time. What are factors should we think about? Expand please, thanks. :)

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

So we just finished a light dep run and we are about to start our second one. We live in Southern Oregon and we're wondering if its necessary to even pull the tarp if we get this run planted in about 5 days? Will it be faster if we do? We were thinking it would be nice to not pull it because our humidity gets too high when the blackout is down but we don't want it to elongate the flowering time. What are factors should we think about? Expand please, thanks. :)
You know your weather a lot better than anyone. What is it going to look like over the next several weeks and finishing. That's how an old farmer would look at it.

SNAX

SNAX

You know your weather a lot better than anyone. What is it going to look like over the next several weeks and finishing. That's how an old farmer would look at it.
Well even if we are not using the blackout, We have protection from the elements. We have separate transparent poly sides and blackout. 2 layers.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Well even if we are not using the blackout, We have protection from the elements. We have separate transparent poly sides and blackout. 2 layers.
if you don't pull down the blackout you will wind up with a lot bigger Bud won't you? Do you care how long it takes?

SNAX

SNAX

if you don't pull down the blackout you will wind up with a lot bigger Bud won't you? Do you care how long it takes?
We do kind of care how long it takes in this situation. We arent missing a whole lot of sunlight right now with it. it goes down at 8 and up and 8

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

We do kind of care how long it takes in this situation. We arent missing a whole lot of sunlight right now with it. it goes down at 8 and up and 8
How many hours of sunlight do you have this time of year?

SNAX

SNAX

Then you have no choice but to use the blackout and increase your air flow.
ok, I have only done indoor to this point and am still getting used to when plants start triggering with in the outdoors naturally. It appears as if they start with more than 12 hours from my experience thus far so thats kind of why I was wondering what our options could be.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

ok, I have only done indoor to this point and am still getting used to when plants start triggering with in the outdoors naturally. It appears as if they start with more than 12 hours from my experience thus far so thats kind of why I was wondering what our options could be.
They can start a little early because they are sensing the change in season has to do with everything temperature humidity hours of light. They probably won't start at 14 and a half though. You're thinking is right if you stick them out there in that it is going to be a long time.

dannyk892009

dannyk892009

I believe flowering naturally should begin soon for your area. Personally, I would use the blackout a couple weeks to get things started. Removing the need for it before the buds start to get dense.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I believe flowering naturally should begin soon for your area. Personally, I would use the blackout a couple weeks to get things started. Removing the need for it before the buds start to get dense.
That sounds perfect:D

Dunge

Dunge

You might consider shaving some light off of one side of the night.
ie put up the shade in the afternoon to get the night started, but take it down when dark.
This allows then to enjoy the night without that sweaty cover, and they welcome the sun rise uncovered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom