About to give up! Now this…

• Thread starter Lacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lacey

Lacey

Not sure what’s going on now. Any ideas?
Every single plant is loosing their leaves. They dry up and fall off.
temp is 78 with 59% humidity. Was watered a few days ago. I noticed this last week and my husband said they needed to be watered. I disagreed with him because the soil was still moist in the pots. But there was no arguing, so they got watered. The plant’s did not improve.
Please help, I’m about to give up.

About to give up now this
About to give up now this 2
About to give up now this 3
About to give up now this 4
About to give up now this 5
freezeland2

freezeland2

What’s the soil and are those fabric pots? How often are you watering? Have you checked for pests?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Not sure what’s going on now. Any ideas?
Every single plant is loosing their leaves. They dry up and fall off.
temp is 78 with 59% humidity. Was watered a few days ago. I noticed this last week and my husband said they needed to be watered. I disagreed with him because the soil was still moist in the pots. But there was no arguing, so they got watered. The plant’s did not improve.
Please help, I’m about to give up.
It could be an air circulation problem along with an improper watering/ feeding schedule. Water until saturated...let dry...at 78f in 5 gallon buckets 4-5 days in 3 gallon buckets 3-4 days. Then feed until saturated 5 gallon pots take 1.75 gallons liquid 3 gallon pots take 1 gallon each. Each of those measurements will give good run off. It is very important to let dry between cycles. I lift my pots twice daily to turn 1/4 and to feel the weight.

Lacey

Lacey

What’s the soil and are those fabric pots? How often are you watering? Have you checked for pests?
Nothing special about the soil. It is soil I have any our greenhouse and in my veggie plants.
Fabric pots
I like to water when the soil is dry 1/3 of the way down and the plants tell me they need watered. My husband, waters more on a schedule like every 4 days. (We do not agree on the watering of the plants)
I have not seen any pests on any of the plants.

Lacey

Lacey

It could be an air circulation problem along with an improper watering/ feeding schedule. Water until saturated...let dry...at 78f in 5 gallon buckets 4-5 days in 3 gallon buckets 3-4 days. Then feed until saturated 5 gallon pots take 1.75 gallons liquid 3 gallon pots take 1 gallon each. Each of those measurements will give good run off. It is very important to let dry between cycles. I lift my pots twice daily to turn 1/4 and to feel the weight.
I agree with you. I think more air circulation and less watering is in order.
The plants are in 10 gal fabric pots.
I can not lift the pots. I have a messed up back and if I attempted to lift the pots, I would be down again for a few weeks.

Mazeblue1

Mazeblue1

Nothing special about the soil. It is soil I have any our greenhouse and in my veggie plants.
Fabric pots
I like to water when the soil is dry 1/3 of the way down and the plants tell me they need watered. My husband, waters more on a schedule like every 4 days. (We do not agree on the watering of the plants)
I have not seen any pests on any of the plants.
Step 1 you and hubby get on the same page…

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I agree with you. I think more air circulation and less watering is in order.
The plants are in 10 gal fabric pots.
I can not lift the pots. I have a messed up back and if I attempted to lift the pots, I would be down again for a few weeks.
That is the main reason I stay around 5 gallons I can't lift the 10 gallon with one hand even dry. I'd have a difficult time with a water feed cycle in larger pots. As it is it takes 4-5 days in 5 gallon so they only get fed once every 9 10 days in my 3 gallon they get fed once a week almost like clock work. I do get a better harvest off the 5 gallon but I've grown a lot of beauties in 3 gallon and I go through less nutes.

Anthem

Anthem

That is the main reason I stay around 5 gallons I can't lift the 10 gallon with one hand even dry. I'd have a difficult time with a water feed cycle in larger pots. As it is it takes 4-5 days in 5 gallon so they only get fed once every 9 10 days in my 3 gallon they get fed once a week almost like clock work. I do get a better harvest off the 5 gallon but I've grown a lot of beauties in 3 gallon and I go through less nutes.
If all the plants are doing it, I would consider russet mites. You will need over 100x magnification to confirm

Latest posts

Top Bottom