About to start 2nd grow question re: Multiple strains

• Thread starter silverhaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
silverhaze

silverhaze

I'm hearing conflicting things regarding growing different strains in the same room. I've been told that plants of differing origins can adopt properties of each other when grown in close quarters. Others have told me it is perfectly fine to grow different strains in the same room. I am leery. In veg I have 20 of one strain and 10 of another. Theoretically, I could do all 30 - 20 in one tray and 10 in another all in the same flower room. Is it a mistake?

Thanks all.

D

dank_

If you play classical music in the room 24/7 they will not adopt properties.

Z

zeropercentthc

With different strains/seeds in one room instead of every plant being from the same clone, you'll have a fair amount of variation from plant to plant, because the genetics are all different. They will vary in height, diameter, nutrient strength preferences, and tolerances to things like high/low temps or humidity. It's easier to dial in the appropriate conditions for a monocropped room. But you can have a variety of strains for one grow and still get decent results. It just makes things more complicated/challenging, usually.

I've been told that plants of differing origins can adopt properties of each other when grown in close quarters.

I'm far from educated in botany, but that sounds ridiculous.

G

genEric

No need to ridicule the guy. We were ALL n00bs at one time...

No problem growing numerous strains. I found it best to keep a detailed log/journal so that I keep my feeding/watering schedules straight. Easy to get mixed up.

It can get a little hairy when flowering multiple strains due to different plant structures/heights, stretch, etc., but it's do-able.

Best of luck to you- keep it green!

genEric

R

RollingWeed

don't worry about growing different strains together unless there's a male around the house somewhere

bigdrty

bigdrty

Also Look for Stains that will finish around the same time. that will save you time and space for your next cycle, as if you had to wait on one strain to finish, While the other strain finishes up. you could be drying, cleaning for next cycle ect...

Z

zeropercentthc

No need to ridicule the guy. We were ALL n00bs at one time...

Ohh sorry... I just meant that it's ridiculous that he/she was told that, rather than him/her saying it. Like silverhaze asks for someone advice on growing, and instead of giving him/her real advice, they just make up random stuff. I don't know why people like to propagate lies, to someone trying to learn. Anywho, sorry silverhaze... that was rude of me.

D

daddymexbricks

You can keep them in the same room. Just make sure not to mix them up! Makes it alot easier to monitor and feed them all at once..

silverhaze

silverhaze

Ok thanks guys. I'll give it a try. Just about to harvest my crop of Lemon which looks amazing, will upload pics soon.

silverhaze

silverhaze

Also Look for Stains that will finish around the same time. that will save you time and space for your next cycle, as if you had to wait on one strain to finish, While the other strain finishes up. you could be drying, cleaning for next cycle ect...

Good point, thanks for that...

Top Bottom