about to start my first uc grow not sure what strain to try first..

• Thread starter Bdt1981
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bdt1981

Bdt1981

I ordered sleestack from dna gen and super bud from greenhouse and all the feb promo from the tude. like I said its our first uc grow and not sure what to expect.. we have
8 module diy uc setup(5gal)
active agua 800gph return pump
2 active agua 110lpm air pumps(1 for epi and 1 for modules)
2 1k watt galaxy ballast
2 xxxl magnum hoods
2 ice boxes and 2 6in fans
2 free hanging 400watt galaxy ballast
1 hp water chiller
1 1/4 in pvc piping
1 water sterilizer\
1 32 gal top off res
planning on using the current culture nute line
what would some uc vets out ther use and how would you use it. I pretty much just going by the cch2o uc set up.. really interested in the better strain to use from what I ordered. thank you for any info...

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

1hp chiller is waaay overkill for 8-5gal buckets... you really shouldve used 2" pvc minimum... as for strains, just about everything from greenhouse is garbage with exception to super lemon haze and neviles haze... so i would go with the sleestack personally... Next time get anything from bodhi, gage green, rare dankness... Usually when they drop seeds they are sold out in minutes sou may have to stay up to 1am-4am depending your time zone.. I stayed up till 4 and got mothers milk, lucky charms, and sunshine daydream all from bodhi, and all sold out in 20 minutes at the tude

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

well i remove the heat ofl 4 1 thousand watt of light with the chiller, those lights put off mad heat in one room there is just enough cooling power left for the epicenter and what do you mean by garbage from green house? not to disagree because i have never grown from them i have heard mixed reviews.. did you have a bad expirence with them? i think the only breeder that has more cannabis cup first prize wins than GHS is Barneys Farm. so they do something right. one more thing is there anything spacific i should pay attention to in the uc? what kills most crops?

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

those all look good but damn man what up on all the reg seeds? i rather have the fem personally.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

well i remove the heat ofl 4 1 thousand watt of light with the chiller, those lights put off mad heat in one room there is just enough cooling power left for the epicenter and what do you mean by garbage from green house? not to disagree because i have never grown from them i have heard mixed reviews.. did you have a bad expirence with them? i think the only breeder that has more cannabis cup first prize wins than GHS is Barneys Farm. so they do something right. one more thing is there anything spacific i should pay attention to in the uc? what kills most crops?

I thought the same thing when i first started growing I got a bunch of Green house seeds because of the cannabis cup.. The super lemon haze and super silver haze were the only decent ones and even out of those 2 none were anything to brag about no real keepers... The rest were just trash... The only reason they win the cannabis cup is because all the money they spend advertising in the magazine... 9of10 people will agree with what im saying... Fem seeds are alright sometimes... However ive found that fem seeds hermie much more than reg seeds... Once u start growing you will see for yourself... The best thing to do in the UC is get reg beans, grow them out in dirt, pick a few keeper moms and clone them for the UC... You dont want to grow untested seeds in the UC because if they turn out shit or hermie then u are fucked

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

I didnt see that you have 4-1000s i thought u just had 2.. So that makes sense since your water cooling the room.... One thing to watch in the UC is PH and Roots... Make sure you use some kind of root zone conditioner i like Dutch master Zone but aquasheild has also worked well for me... This round im using the CS line and CS Roots

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

Ya there is 2 1 thousand watters over the uc and have 2 4x4 ebb and flow that are in the same room that have 2k over them. Was going to hang 2 400 watt ups down around the uc to penetrate. I thought about doing then in soil and cloning to the uc but I think my partner wants to have them on a table ebb and flow. Which imho is extra work and probably can't keep apther very long in a 7x
7 in pot. Thanks for the info man and I am just not wanting to admit I made a bad choice with greenhouse. Will they yield anywhere close to the 900 they claim super bud can yield?

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

900gs per square meter is quite a bit but in the UC it is deffinatly possible.. only way to know for sure is to grow it out.... there are a lot of factors that go into the final weight.. any company that gives a number is basing that number on optimal conditions 1000w lights/boosters/co2 ect ... I am sure it is possible but id rather a company say medium yield, large yield.. That way you kinda know what to expect without getting your hopes up to high and having pre determined numbers in your head... If your looking for Fem seeds i would go with OG raskals white fire it is a little expensive but is really super dank shit.. Check out sum grows on here of it... Most people on here call it WIFI

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

i think the only breeder that has more cannabis cup first prize wins than GHS is Barneys Farm. so they do something right.

LOL....they have never done anything right....

SLH sucks and Neviels Haze 120+ days what a joke

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

well i shall see what the super bud does i guess. some people like them, maybe they never grew anything great... and i take back what i said about cannabis cup winner because i grew tangerine dream and it really was garbage....

T

tipper619sd

sounds like a good setup man toss a few pics up for the community and lets see them girls rock out. I think any thing sativa dom is great in the uc personally

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

For sure can't wait til I'm ready for pics. Two weeks or less.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

you can't beat gage green group for genetics. top notch, super potent, attention to detail. know them well. trust what they do 100%.

H

hitboro

redwhiteblue, good recc! The results i've been seeing from other growers is what got me. Cant wait for the OG crosses. I just got a pack of the Mendo Montage and Transformer. I'll post results here. looks like its going to be epic

I think you really can't go wrong when you start with a reputable seedbank like GGG or Bodhi. A good one I recently tried was Breeders Choice. You'll get healthy seeds/genetics and it really starts from there.

Are you going to be running these new genetics directly in yoru undercurrent or are you planning on searching for a dank cut yourself on the side?

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

probably going to try te sleestack. I cant wait to get it started.. using bare root cuttings

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue, good recc! The results i've been seeing from other growers is what got me. Cant wait for the OG crosses. I just got a pack of the Mendo Montage and Transformer. I'll post results here. looks like its going to be epic

I think you really can't go wrong when you start with a reputable seedbank like GGG or Bodhi. A good one I recently tried was Breeders Choice. You'll get healthy seeds/genetics and it really starts from there.

Are you going to be running these new genetics directly in yoru undercurrent or are you planning on searching for a dank cut yourself on the side?

They got their OG cuts from me...

Bdt1981

Bdt1981

ok so we going is going to be using th cultured soloutions full line nutes and was wondering If when half strength nutes they f talking about what is on the bottle? like if it says 4ml per gal im only supposed to use 2.. even the cs bottles?

SmokeStackSoCal

SmokeStackSoCal

I also am on the hunt for a good strain for the UC's. I tried the white widow from Harborside with the AV Sensi Bloom and it didn't end up to flavorful. It was pretty chemmy (very very likely to be my fault). I was thinking about the H&G or CS lineup in the future, not sure yet. Just wanted to know which of the OG cuts were your favorite and would recommend for the UC specifically. Also what nute line up your rocking (sorry for all the questions but I figured this would be the perfect place to do it!

deacon1503

deacon1503

My recc is just get a handle on mastering the UC first. Strain selection should be secondary after a solid grasp of RDWC is established. Not saying u can't or shouldn't run any ol strain bc the stronger and more robust a strain is naturally, the better odds of a successful UC harvest. Call me crazy.

Good luck!

Top Bottom