About To Start Small Grow Want To Do Coco & Possibly Automate. I Have Questions.

• Thread starter 2plantsinatent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2plantsinatent

2plantsinatent

Hey guys well I am just about to start up growing again as a hobby. I attempted growing once before about 12 years ago and lets just say it wasn't a pleasant expierence to say the least and a lot has changed.

Well now I am about to start a small 2x4 tent and want to use Coco as my medium to grow in it. I have read and heard good things and figured I want to get familiar with it. Also I have been looking into feeding it and noticed a lot of people reccomend automating this process for more consistency. I have been looking at both the Floraflex drip system and the Bucket Company top spray buckets. I personally like the design of the bucket company more but havent made a decision on which to go with. I originally was going to go with 2 3 gallon bots and do Coco but after doing a little research saw 2 gallons were common for coco and had similar yield with less problems however i have no expierenced this is all from reading hands on with this medium. I guess here are my main questions.

1. Does anyone have any expierence with either Floraflex drip system or the Bucket Company and can you reccomends one or advise on pros and cons.

2. Using Coco would it be better to do 2 gallon or 3 gallon pots?

3. Is 2 plants good for the small size tent I have? (Idc about yielding doing this purely for love of cannabis and growing and hopes of having some quality smokable afterwards).

4. Do I buy quality Coco? Any reccomended brands? Or use something like floraflex 2gallon quickfills? I've heard bad quality Coco can f ur grow from the start so I want to avoid that.

Thank you for any advice or even checking out the thread. Just starting back up so getting excited and that grow feeling again I love it!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys well I am just about to start up growing again as a hobby. I attempted growing once before about 12 years ago and lets just say it wasn't a pleasant expierence to say the least and a lot has changed.

Well now I am about to start a small 2x4 tent and want to use Coco as my medium to grow in it. I have read and heard good things and figured I want to get familiar with it. Also I have been looking into feeding it and noticed a lot of people reccomend automating this process for more consistency. I have been looking at both the Floraflex drip system and the Bucket Company top spray buckets. I personally like the design of the bucket company more but havent made a decision on which to go with. I originally was going to go with 2 3 gallon bots and do Coco but after doing a little research saw 2 gallons were common for coco and had similar yield with less problems however i have no expierenced this is all from reading hands on with this medium. I guess here are my main questions.

1. Does anyone have any expierence with either Floraflex drip system or the Bucket Company and can you reccomends one or advise on pros and cons.

2. Using Coco would it be better to do 2 gallon or 3 gallon pots?

3. Is 2 plants good for the small size tent I have? (Idc about yielding doing this purely for love of cannabis and growing and hopes of having some quality smokable afterwards).

4. Do I buy quality Coco? Any reccomended brands? Or use something like floraflex 2gallon quickfills? I've heard bad quality Coco can f ur grow from the start so I want to avoid that.

Thank you for any advice or even checking out the thread. Just starting back up so getting excited and that grow feeling again I love it!
Canna coco its certified pest free.. your pot size will greatly impact the frequency of watering. If going 2or 3 gal i suggest maybe 20-30% perlite. The larger the pot the less often it will need watered

The biggest thing I see that cause new growers issues are temps... you want a room between 75 to 80f so think of that when placing the tent. 5f may not sound like much but it makes a difference.

And yes 2 plants is the most i would put in it.

Most important tip to remember Coco is NOT soil so don't treat it like soil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom