AC exhaust/odor

• Thread starter 420Gator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

whats the best way to control odor coming out of my portable AC? its not bad.......yet!

I was thinking one of those gels but wont that shit dry pretty quick by the hot exhaust?

thanks for any help or ideas im thinking of running all my AC exhaust into a room then scrubbing that but would much prefer an easier method

sedate

sedate

Um. You want to filter the air coming off the exhaust hose of your portable A/C?

It sort of depends on the unit, but I don't really think you're going to find an elegant or inexpensive way to do this . . .

The only thing I can think of is rigging up some sheets of carbon filter from a furnance filter - wrapping the end of the hose - but the carbon surface area is going to be pretty minimal - I'd be suprised if you'd gain much smell control there.

You should kill the smell in the grow room itself.

Get a fan/filter combo - I dunno your grow size but something like this would be okay for ~1000watts or so:

Mount the fan to the top of the filter and place it upright in a corner of the grow room.

420Gator

420Gator

yea i already have a 50 ponder in the room that works well but the exhuast on the portable is giving off a very slight, but distinguishable smell, was thinking about the furnace filter thing or maybe a shitload of dryer sheets every few days or so.

was hoping someone had some personal experience....

Z

zoeronerer

my buddys had these set up in a room i helped fix....

they stink ..

we ended up venting them into a larger space wer the air cooled a little before it was scrubbed . hot air and carbon dont do too well together for some reason ..

we ended up using ona jel before the exhaust in the last 2 weeks of flower it with the scubbers worked well but we wer on a hill and it was not 100% smell free in the long run,but enough to fool the postman.

420Gator

420Gator

guess im eventually gonna have to create a nice cooled lung room. gonna try the gel for now

lollipopman

lollipopman

vaportek 4000 just got one and it bets out any ona and carbon filter ive tried

sedate

sedate

420gator said:
was thinking about the furnace filter thing

Look for the HEPA ones with a carbon filter lining. Seperate the carbon from the rest of the HEPA filter, and fold it over half-a-dozen times, then clamp it to the end of the tube. Should be ~$11 at HomeDepot.

If ur handy, you can make a little stealthy cover with the plastic grate that comes with it.

420gator said:
maybe a shitload of dryer sheets every few days or so.

You might as well be using cheesecloth. That won't work *at all* . . . .

zero said:
hot air and carbon dont do too well together for some reason ..

I've never been sure if it's the hot air that makes smells more pungent, or if the carbon does a poorer job - but eitherway smell certainly becomes more of an issue the hotter the growroom.

The odor between a 75 degree grow and a 85 degree grow is an entire magnitude different, for sure.

420Gator

420Gator

Look for the HEPA ones with a carbon filter lining. Seperate the carbon from the rest of the HEPA filter, and fold it over half-a-dozen times, then clamp it to the end of the tube. Should be ~$11 at HomeDepot.

If ur handy, you can make a little stealthy cover with the plastic grate that comes with it.
was just thinking of doing this and since the exhaust comes out and points down with a screen over it (made for a dryer outlet) no one will know its in there
thanks for the advice everybody

H

HannaMan

The odor between a 75 degree grow and a 85 degree grow is an entire magnitude different, for sure.

I've noticed this, even in a COMPLETELY sealed room with a carbon filter.

What is the fix?

H

HannaMan

What? I'm running a Window A/C unit....

My point is my temps need to remain @ 85 to get the best use of my co2, therefore the room will be warm and smelly no matter what with lights on.

G

ghostfacegrower

i should get one for free i plug this shit so much.

Big Blue

sedate

sedate

Hanna said:
My point is my temps need to remain @ 85 to get the best use of my co2, therefore the room will be warm and smelly no matter what with lights on.

Oh I get it.

I dunno man I usually shoot for ~80ish eitherway.

The plant goes through all kinds of stress up at 85, regardless of co2 - IMHO.

C

CanadianClassic

ya im running a 6 inch Vortex with a Carbon filter and never smell anything outside,and besides stuffing carbon and bounce dryer sheets at the end of your A/C hose not much u can do...

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

420Gator

420Gator

not the exact numbers that related to my rooms but golden advice, went from low 80s to low 70s and now the exhaust just smells like plastic

Top Bottom