AC Infinity CloudForge malfunction after 4 months?

• Thread starter Jasperbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jasperbuds

I purchased the ac infinity cloud forge about 4 months ago and it has worked great up until today. No problem maintaining RH just using the probe alone. I opened my tent this morning and it was 92% in there and the humidifier was pumping full blast! Displays and buttons on the unit aren’t functioning anymore, it just runs now. Cranked up the extraction fan and added another to get rid of the moisture, I had intended on doing some defoliation anyway so I guess that’s what I’m doing this morning haha.

Anyway I’ll contact AC Infinity but just wondering if anyone else has gad problems with these products.

Come to think of it my expensive AC Infinity fan started clicking after about 3 months too. Are these products worth the money?

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

Are these products worth the money?
sort of 😄 definitely should be under warranty though.
Ive got a brand new @SpiderFarmer tent that has stitching coming out of it on its first use.
not the end of the world but ....😣ya know. . I get that I cant expect perfect products at cheap prices but I probably wont buy another one because of that. and the fact they only have one opening which is retarded for a big tent. Caveat Emptor

T

Tmoney0985

I purchased the ac infinity cloud forge about 4 months ago and it has worked great up until today. No problem maintaining RH just using the probe alone. I opened my tent this morning and it was 92% in there and the humidifier was pumping full blast! Displays and buttons on the unit aren’t functioning anymore, it just runs now. Cranked up the extraction fan and added another to get rid of the moisture, I had intended on doing some defoliation anyway so I guess that’s what I’m doing this morning haha.

Anyway I’ll contact AC Infinity but just wondering if anyone else has gad problems with these products.

Come to think of it my expensive AC Infinity fan started clicking after about 3 months too. Are these products worth the money?
I love all my ACI products, but my smaller 6" fan does click :(

Only problems I have had with the controller 69 and 69 pro I have were my own fault like accidentally changing settings as I swipe or turning light from schedule to on so I can dim it and forget to put it back. Have a lot of their products and have never had any other issues.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have a CloudForge T3 for my 2x4 tent. I have it outside the tent and use the hose to humidify the inside. I like it outside because it leaves more room inside the tent, and I can see at a glance how much water is in it. I installed it in March (IIRC) and it has been working well. I'm thinking about adding one to my other tent.

Both my tents have Controller 69 Pros. I see there's a new model now that has 8 ports instead of 4. That's good, because it's easy to use all 4 ports. I'm probably going to put a T22 light in my 2x2 after I harvest. That will make 5 devices for that tent. So, I am using one of the manual controllers that come with the inline fans to control the CloudRay S6. That opened a port for the light. It works okay and that fan doesn't really need a smart controller.

I have had a few problems with the controllers, but a few firmware upgrades fixed them all. The worst was when one of them lost most of its settings due to a power failure. I put the controller on a UPS to fix that problem. It may have been corrected in an upgrade by now, though. We have a lot of power failures where we live, so we have a UPS on many of our electronic devices, so it makes sense to protect the devices for the tents.

Overall, I think the AC Infinity products are excellent for growing indoors. Once they're dialed in, there's very little maintenance needed.

my smaller 6" fan does click :(
One of mine does too, but only when it's oscillating. My solution was to turn off the oscillation. I thought it was going to fail a long time ago, but it just keeps going. Nevertheless, I think it's a good idea to have a spare. I don't right now, but probably will get one the next time I order equipment.

B

BudzAldrin

Ac infinity sent me a message on Amazon demanding I remove my negative review. Claimed to be a starving single parent trying to feed kids. Is that who you want to buy your shit from. Some lying ass Chinese factory worker who puts his own shitty logo on generic cheap ass fans?

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Ac infinity sent me a message on Amazon demanding I remove my negative review. Claimed to be a starving single parent trying to feed kids. Is that who you want to buy your shit from. Some lying ass Chinese factory worker who puts his own shitty logo on generic cheap ass fans?
ac infinity is anything but generic cheap ass fans, they make some of the highest quality items in the industry.

Sunin

Sunin

Old thread but I'll refresh as I wonder if anyone got refund or some answer from AC Infinity getting faulty unit? Should I write to AC or supplier here?
I am in Europe.
Same just happened to me. Have T3 model. Was working fine shortly but then it pumped all that it had bringing tent to over 90% and died. On the morning check I had puddle of water in the tent. All system was off. Controller 69 did shut down with humidifier to the point it did reset- which never happened before- I have all the ventilation on it a bit. Very weird.

Fortunately I had seedlings on trays and they did not drink distilled water from humidifier but I am in repotting stage and some of them will pay with stun for that percentage of vapour and unstable conditions from now on.
Life and it's surprises :)

Newty

Newty

I run my with a Controller 69, never had an issue.
You could use a cheaper controller as a failsafe.

Plug the humidifier into the cheaper controller such as an inkbird. Set it so if humidity sees a high value like 70%, it will cut power to it and won't continue to run if it ever fails.

zack991

zack991

ac infinity is anything but generic cheap ass fans, they make some of the highest quality items in the industry.
But i have several people I work with who use their products and all of them have had problems. Their stuff from what I have seen are decent. But still way too pricey. Even with the online discount codes that just cover the 9% sales tax from CA. Screw that. So really no actual discount. I rather go with the cheaper brands and I don't have a podcast where I get everything free

Newty

Newty

But i have several people I work with who use their products and all of them have had problems. Their stuff from what I have seen are decent. But still way too pricey. Even with the online discount codes that just cover the 9% sales tax from CA. Screw that. So really no actual discount. I rather go with the cheaper brands and I don't have a podcast where I get everything free
Can't say anything about the sales tax but if you look on Amazon for there products, a lot of time you get a manufacturer discount plus a bonus discount. I've always gotten a discount over the normal 10%.

Some products fail, no matter what brand it is but there's plenty of us with equipment from ACI that hasn't failed after years of use.
ACI customer service has never been less then excellent, most people get a replacement with just a couple questions and proof of purchase.
Also ACI took the Gen 1 Cloudray Oscillating Fan that always clicked and made a Gen 2 version with better features and gave everyone who purchased a Gen 1 free Gen 2 replacements and we all got to keep the Gen 1s as well. I ended up getting 2 free replacements by simply filling out an easy to find online forum. Never seen any other company do that.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

there warranty service is top notch , i contacted them once to just ask if there were some type of lubricate i could use on the zippers just so they would be more smooth , i told them i had no problem with it just wanted to make it smoother , there response was to send me a brand new tent cover for free

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The worst problems I've had with Controller 69s were resolved by firmware updates. None of my inline fans have failed. One circulating fan makes noise while going side to side, and AC Infinity replaced it. My only gripe is they tend to be short of stock on some items.

Old thread but I'll refresh as I wonder if anyone got refund or some answer from AC Infinity getting faulty unit? Should I write to AC or supplier here?
I am in Europe.
Yes. Contact them. They had some issues during & after the pandemic, but they seem to be doing better now.

Their stuff from what I have seen are decent. But still way too pricey.
I haven't noticed. Most of the prices I compare with other brands are competitive. I look more at the system capability, however. The equipment they sell all seems to work well together.

ACI took the Gen 1 Cloudray Oscillating Fan that always clicked and made a Gen 2 version with better features and gave everyone who purchased a Gen 1 free Gen 2 replacements and we all got to keep the Gen 1s as well.
I received 3 new Gen 2 fans for free and only one of my Gen 1 fans was making a noise. I didn't even have to pay shipping. I wrote to them that I felt bad getting three when only one was faulty and they shipped three of them to me the next business day.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

my ac infinity fan has been turned on 24/7 since the day i got it 3 years ago now. no problems here.

ac infinity make very high quality products.
The gen 1 cloud ray was defective for most people i know, they sent replacements though and this was the only time I had an issue really. The tents are decent, it's pretty solid quality✌️

Sunin

Sunin

Thanks. Contacted the seller. Any rust. overuse is impossible as I just purchased it. Unit simply don't hold the water- which is important part for humidifier 😜
I like AC Infinity setup for extractor and fans and I am always happy with their products. Never had trouble with them before. All reset was weird as for long time controller remembered setup, names (even being in the box between tents) - now it did reset all system to the zero on humid hiccup. Electronic Magic :D

Putthataway

Putthataway

If you can take a toothpick or toothbrush to the controller plug what does it do?

Latest posts

Top Bottom