AC unit outside of tent? i need help

• Thread starter 420blazeitG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

If you are growing in a tent and need to keep it closed then the unit will need to be inside it with the hot air exiting via a duct that will pass through one of the holes your tent should be equipped with. You will also have to drain water from it regularly or attach a hose that runs somewhere it can drain continuously. Myself and others will probably be able to offer more helpful and specific advice if you describe your setup in detail and provide some pictures.
you forgot to mention how much a pain in the ass that water res can be hahahah and most them units dont have big res so twice a day empty,lmao

FourthCity

FourthCity

you forgot to mention how much a pain in the ass that water res can be hahahah and most them units dont have big res so twice a day empty,lmao
I currently have the pleasure of growing in a 2 room half finished basement. While I don't need any extra a/c units down there the two biggest things that I don't take for granted are being able to run a hose from the dehumidifier in the finished grow area to the floor drain on the unfinished side and having a utility sink right above it. Last grow location required transporting water up and down stairs (while growing dwc), it was a good workout but that was a pain in the ass.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I currently have the pleasure of growing in a 2 room half finished basement. While I don't need any extra a/c units down there the two biggest things that I don't take for granted are being able to run a hose from the dehumidifier in the finished grow area to the floor drain on the unfinished side and having a utility sink right above it. Last grow location required transporting water up and down stairs (while growing dwc), it was a good workout but that was a pain in the ass.
not me bro,im a lazy bastard

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
sup sup good people of THC Farmer

so i ihave my 100sq ft grow room/flower/veg room depending on whats going down. anyway my question is this, when cooling this space would it be better to install a window AC in my office which is actually in the same room separated by a wall or one of the in the room jobbers ? i have a 8" exhaust and two 4" input fans. my thinking is to cool the whole room so it acts as a lung room as i have heard them called and pull that cool air in? i also run a dehumidifier inside the room along with big freaking fans. i switched my light cycle over to turn on at night now as well to help with day time temps. bout to bust this quarantine like Thin Lizzy and find some cold air !!!!

FourthCity

FourthCity

sup sup good people of THC Farmer

so i ihave my 100sq ft grow room/flower/veg room depending on whats going down. anyway my question is this, when cooling this space would it be better to install a window AC in my office which is actually in the same room separated by a wall or one of the in the room jobbers ? i have a 8" exhaust and two 4" input fans. my thinking is to cool the whole room so it acts as a lung room as i have heard them called and pull that cool air in? i also run a dehumidifier inside the room along with big freaking fans. i switched my light cycle over to turn on at night now as well to help with day time temps. bout to bust this quarantine like Thin Lizzy and find some cold air !!!!
The window units are more efficient than the portable room air conditioners. I would run 8" the exhaust to the exterior if you havent already, you could route this out one of the side accordion flaps on a window unit.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
that's the ticket around him yes sir @FourthCity . now i'm wondering when will i be happy with my room setup? i'm already eyeing better ways to use my space and expand. thanks brother be safe down there and holla if you need anything!!

Top Bottom