Ackbar OG (90% Indica) scrogg- How do y’all think this will yield?

• Thread starter Makisupa Gardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Makisupa Gardens

Makisupa Gardens

Flowering for about 30 days now of a recommended 67- there are about 50 bud sites in this plant. Do y’all think these will fill in?

2000watt bestva LED
Co2
~80 degrees
~50% RH

Ackbar og 90 indica scrogg  how do yall think this will yield
Ackbar og 90 indica scrogg  how do yall think this will yield 2
Makisupa Gardens

Makisupa Gardens

This is my first scrogg, so I’m having a hard time judging how the gals are progressing.

FourthCity

FourthCity

I grew out a couple ackbars, some very different phenotypes, one was over 6ft while the other stayed under 4.5ft. I don't think yours looks like the tall one, my guess 2.5-4oz. Buds should fill in at the top but you wont get much lower penetration with that light, overall looking pretty good though. I enjoyed both of mine, it was a nice smoke but nothing remarkable in terms of flavor, potency, or yield.

Makisupa Gardens

Makisupa Gardens

I grew out a couple ackbars, some very different phenotypes, one was over 6ft while the other stayed under 4.5ft. I don't think yours looks like the tall one, my guess 2.5-4oz. Buds should fill in at the top but you wont get much lower penetration with that light, overall looking pretty good though. I enjoyed both of mine, it was a nice smoke but nothing remarkable in terms of flavor, potency, or yield.

Why do you say I won’t get much penetration with that light?

I felt like the light was penetrating pretty well..do you have experience with this light, or do you think I’m doing something incorrectly?
Thanks for looking.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Looks great. Can you show some non-burple light photos. I have a bestva 1000 and 1500, they are working for me. I’m sure it could be better, but for the price, solid. ✊🏼
Mine @ week 3.5 flower.

31FF1BA3 2178 47B7 99B7 F46461A001CA
3601A2EF 3356 4C7D AAA7 72CD0FF9A729
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Here are a few more pics.
did you say this was 90% indica?
im questioning because them leaves are slender,i grow mainly sativa and rud and always thought indica was big ole fat wide leaves ,probally wrong,dont matter to em i smoke um all

Makisupa Gardens

Makisupa Gardens

Brotofsky- Here’s some pics. You definitely have your lights a lot closer than I do. I may start inching mine down a little day by day.

63F795E1 0D1A 4D8C 812A 04E94CD29A16
DD730D17 E8AF 4BD3 90FF 4D14348F9658
A098A8F9 13E8 4EBE 9414 D9ADFD8B831C
67DF5CAB 5E31 416D A877 C1A86636E426
Makisupa Gardens

Makisupa Gardens

did you say this was 90% indica?
im questioning because them leaves are slender,i grow mainly sativa and rud and always thought indica was big ole fat wide leaves ,probally wrong,dont matter to em i smoke um all

the fan leaves on these that we let grow bigger were very fat. they take a while but they do end up fat af

FourthCity

FourthCity

Why do you say I won’t get much penetration with that light?

I felt like the light was penetrating pretty well..do you have experience with this light, or do you think I’m doing something incorrectly?
Thanks for looking.
I dont think you are doing anything incorrectly, I said that overall its looking pretty good. Based on my experience, side by side, the blurple lights do not perform or penetrate nearly as well as my hps, timber cob, or hlg qb. The blurple lights made perfectly good potent bud but only the top 4-6 inches would actually be nugs not larf, the yields were relatively small. I started dabbling with led because I just wanted a little supplemental light for my hps and tried one from bestva and mars hydro, there are simply better options out there. Before even buying those first two leds I decided I would buy larger units from one of the nicer brands when I was ready to commit to completely switching over (for flowering at least) and once I did have those nicer lights as a basis for comparison it was clear that a lower wattage light from hlg or timber priced the same or less than bestva or mars hydro would perform even better while saving me money on electricity.

Makisupa Gardens

Makisupa Gardens

Thanks a lot. The LEDs are new to me so that’s why I asked for more clarification. I had been pretty happy with how things were progressing but now I’m not as sure.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Thanks a lot. The LEDs are new to me so that’s why I asked for more clarification. I had been pretty happy with how things were progressing but now I’m not as sure.
I wouldn't stress over it, you could save the money going towards the c02 and put that towards a light upgrade. Your plant looks healthy and happy, it seems you are doing everything right which is all the more reason that light is probably your biggest bottleneck to a bigger, higher quality yield. I still use my mars in a little 2x2 clone tent and the bestva occasionally helps my hps and a timber with veg duties, flowering is all timber and hlg.

Makisupa Gardens

Makisupa Gardens

Yea agreed. This genetic was probably not the best for a scrog. Had the hardest time getting them stretch at all...

Top Bottom