Acquired Plant and new to growing

• Thread starter megdukes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
megdukes

megdukes

Long time smoker, first time grower! Just acquired this plant and i'm wondering a)what type it is? b) how can i make it awesome?
Seems mostly pretty healthy but previous owner didn't have much information for me. Thank you :)

Acquired plant and new to growing
Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

I just comment on what I see:

Nice, a standard! Good man.

That led isnt going to give you awesome.

The plant itself looks like is has thrips or something like that. You may have to deal with pests.

The strain is some kind of mix indica sativa, maybe even ruderalis. Only flowering it out will give you a better idea of what it actually is.

If you truly want it awesome. Let us know, we can help build an environment that can make it so. It can be low cost or high priced. Depending on your intentions.

megdukes

megdukes

I just comment on what I see:

Nice, a standard! Good man.

That led isnt going to give you awesome.

The plant itself looks like is has thrips or something like that. You may have to deal with pests.

The strain is some kind of mix indica sativa, maybe even ruderalis. Only flowering it out will give you a better idea of what it actually is.

If you truly want it awesome. Let us know, we can help build an environment that can make it so. It can be low cost or high priced. Depending on your intentions.

Thanks for your reply! I was given the light with the plant and have been using it with my regular veg seeds instead. I was reading up and I thought Ruderalis. Hoping so, so it auto flowers. How far along in growth do you think it is? I picked this up thinking it would be easier already started, but now i'm wondering if i should have just started from seed since it likely won't get awesome. Worth a shot to get whatever i can out of it and learn a lot in the meantime!

BigCube

BigCube

Assuming it's a clone, it could be about a month old maybe 6 weeks. If it's a seedling, maybe 2 months.

Plenty of time to make it awesome, unless its autoflower. But if it was, most of them would have started by now. You dont want autoflower, restricts many things.

I would start by making an environment for it. It can be cheap and DIY or cost a little bit, and be made for you.
Basically you need an enclosed reflective space, to make your light more efficient and to keep the plant safe from all external influences. It can be as simple as 1x2 wood frame and panda poly film. Less than 10$ to make this tent.

20191122 094240

Or you can just buy a 2x2x4 tent off Amazon for 50$

Then you need light. In a small tent, I would go with screw in LED bulbs. Dollar store sells 100w eq led bulbs for 4$ canadian. I use 7 in my DIY micro tent. The 7 to 1 bulb splitter is like $8 on Amazon or ebay or wherever.

And then airflow. I use a 200cfm vivosun duct fan because I want to be able to filter the smell. But if you dont care, a $15 or $20 100cfm inline duct fan is enough. I've heard of people using bathroom fans too. You will probably want a small computer fan or usb fan to blow air around over your canopy too. I got mine from walmart for $5
If you feel like spending, a 20$ grow tent fan from Amazon would be good.

That's about it. From there it's just scheduled watering and nutrients. And a bit of light timing.

Top Bottom