Actinovate

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

On another site I was reading plenty of folks claiming this to be a game changer.
Apparently, when used as a foliar and drench as directed right from the start its like vaccinating. So instead of expending energy fighting the flu and measles and herpes etc. plants just live out life healthy to their absolute potential.
Anybody on the farm have experience with this stuff?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Not sure I would trust it looking at the MSDS for the insecticide.

B

Burned Haze

Remember there’s two different versions AG ( 1 if you would use) , Version SP ( lawns and other )

Tbh Inless you get very fresh packs of it , which is hard ( exp at hydro stores, and a lot of online guys love to sell ya old stuff ) your just applying dead spores

I tried out a few packs ( I think I bought 2 or 3 packs )of the ag version out and still got pm/budrot on my plants and I made sure to spray every 3-7 days or after the rain. The thing is for cheaper options I’ve been pm/ bud rot free indoors and under 10% Budrot infected ( than destroyed w/e infected ) outdoors always .

—-

Price comparison , you def could use RootShield wp ( read about it, 10-12 week protection bacteria ) to protect Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Phytophthora, Verticillium and Fusarium.

Than use so many other products for a IPM for your pm/budrot preventive . That’s def a easy fix and cheap too . Like look at greencure aka potassium bicarbonate

silica can prevent pm too lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This was one of the only things approved for use by health Canada that the LP's could actually use. Probably because it's expensive and it doesnt work.

3 balls

3 balls

Remember there’s two different versions AG ( 1 if you would use) , Version SP ( lawns and other )

Tbh Inless you get very fresh packs of it , which is hard ( exp at hydro stores, and a lot of online guys love to sell ya old stuff ) your just applying dead spores

I tried out a few packs ( I think I bought 2 or 3 packs )of the ag version out and still got pm/budrot on my plants and I made sure to spray every 3-7 days or after the rain. The thing is for cheaper options I’ve been pm/ bud rot free indoors and under 10% Budrot infected ( than destroyed w/e infected ) outdoors always .

—-

Price comparison , you def could use RootShield wp ( read about it, 10-12 week protection bacteria ) to protect Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Phytophthora, Verticillium and Fusarium.

Than use so many other products for a IPM for your pm/budrot preventive . That’s def a easy fix and cheap too . Like look at greencure aka potassium bicarbonate

silica can prevent pm too lol
I will definitely look into RootShield wp. I thought Regalia would be a miracle too and didn't notice much other than the missing $130 from my wallet.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I'm not seeing what you're seeing I guess, Streptomyces Lydicus. It's OMRI organic.
I don’t spray anything on my ladies anymore that requires you to wear PPE (man made chemicals). I do wear PPE when spraying habenaro juice otherwise I can’t see or breath.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I tried Actinovate outdoors after already getting PM and I didn't notice that it did anything although, the Pm didn't get any worse. I was also trying milk and baking soda solutions on the leaves at the same time (rotating the applications). It was hard to tell if anything helped.

3 balls

3 balls

I don’t spray anything on my ladies anymore that requires you to wear PPE (man made chemicals). I do wear PPE when spraying habenaro juice otherwise I can’t see or breath.
I hear ya but God or Jesus made Streptomyces Lydicus.
My favorite thing about Green Cleaner is no PPE required.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Game changer? Ha
Actinovate and regalia are not going to get rid of pm. But they both will boost your plants immune system to defend against it. I use both but only a couple of applications. But if tge pm is already in your garden it’s only a matter of time before she rear that nasty face of hers.
If your scared of eagle 20 try using phyton35 asfoikarvand root dip on small clones and it should nip it in the butt.

3 balls

3 balls

I tried Actinovate outdoors after already getting PM and I didn't notice that it did anything although, the Pm didn't get any worse. I was also trying milk and baking soda solutions on the leaves at the same time (rotating the applications). It was hard to tell if anything helped.
Yeah, once you get PM, good luck. I've tried everything made over the years and the best I've done was keep it from getting much worse. Potassium Bicarbonate would get my vote for treatment but it's definitely not a one and done, you can really burn the pistils easy if you're not careful.

Actinovate and URB are so expensive that there's probably not many out there that use it as a full program from the start.

B

Burned Haze

I will definitely look into RootShield wp. I thought Regalia would be a miracle too and didn't notice much other than the missing $130 from my wallet.

one of my friends told me he used over 5 gals of regalia last season and it Did minimum for deceasing pm/budrot . So now I am uncertain on it from those comments and results unfortunately. But there are so many others things that are for the pm/budrot prevention side that are cheap/safe that you can do and be successful as long as your persistent/ have a proper environment for molds to not win the war.

RootShield wp/plus is for the root based diseases and def will save your ass on so many levels from a lot of those diseases that not only can halt your vigorousness or practically kill em before they get started . Once I started IPM with root based for my seeds, clones, beginning stage of my plants : it truely changed the game from a lot of plants having any issues/problems ( and I bet it was root based all this time )

So yes , every 10 weeks apply rootsheild ( 1.5 oz per 5 gal ) , basically for cannabis ( 2 applications, right when you plant them and right when they go into flower )

Note: and it’s obvious I’m not talking about when you are already infected ...... pm is like aids/hiv in people , once you got ( you got it). Inless you use unregulated (systemic based fungicides to do the job, all your going to do is remove the pm from the out shell. Point of IPM fungicides is prevention disallowance of fungus to ever be on the plants and can’t grow there. Biggest issue is air flow ( I haven’t gotten pm/budrot ever in 10+ years indoors ) it’s sad I’m always hearing people who get (pm even indoors cause pm is always exist) air flow!, but outdoors is a def harder story

Last edited by a moderator:
3 balls

3 balls

Game changer? Ha
Actinovate and regalia are not going to get rid of pm. But they both will boost your plants immune system to defend against it. I use both but only a couple of applications. But if tge pm is already in your garden it’s only a matter of time before she rear that nasty face of hers.
If your scared of eagle 20 try using phyton35 asfoikarvand root dip on small clones and it should nip it in the butt.
I'm glad I found this again! You couldn't have been more right man. My diligent use of Actinovate, Regalia and RootShield WP has got me nowhere at all. I still battle PM and root rot.

I ordered phyton35 today, after reading your posts in the duds thread I ordered physan20 as well.

Everything I read in the manufacturers info is very general as their covering hundreds of crop types. If there's anyway you could give me a rough guideline of how often and at what stages you use both of these I would greatly appreciate it.

Top Bottom