Actual ingredients in winter frost?

• Thread starter Scanch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scanch

Scanch

Looking for actual scientific data on the ingredients found in New Milleniums Winter Frost. Does anybody know what is in it that makes it do what it claims to do? They hint that it is not just the npk that makes the plant think it’s at the end of its life but rather some other molecule or chemical but I can’t seem to find any info online other than it’s npk ratios and what kind of potassium it’s derived from.
Does it have pgr’s in it or what is it exactly that makes it different?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Looking for actual scientific data on the ingredients found in New Milleniums Winter Frost. Does anybody know what is in it that makes it do what it claims to do? They hint that it is not just the npk that makes the plant think it’s at the end of its life but rather some other molecule or chemical but I can’t seem to find any info online other than it’s npk ratios and what kind of potassium it’s derived from.
Does it have pgr’s in it or what is it exactly that makes it different?

The SDS will give you clues as to what is in it. Unfortunately, New Millennium is misleading what is in their products, which make them snake oil salesmen. It looks like a PK booster, but I assume there is something in there that induces senescence like an input that causes oxidative stress or affects ethylene levels.

Here is some information what it might be:

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

@BillFarthing what do you think about the Athena Pro nutrient line? Would you run it and what additional products would you use if running it?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
ABA, perhaps?

@BillFarthing what do you think about the Athena Pro nutrient line? Would you run it and what additional products would you use if running it?

You are still paying the hydro store "green tax" and to ship water with Athena.

I just use Jacks/MB/Cal Nit, fulvic acid and insecticidal soap for IPM. Cheap and works well.

Anthem

Anthem

ABA, perhaps?

You are still paying the hydro store "green tax" and to ship water with Athena.

I just use Jacks/MB/Cal Nit, fulvic acid and insecticidal soap for IPM. Cheap and works well.
The Athena Pro line is dry nutrients. No water or green tax.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
The Athena Pro line is dry nutrients. No water or green tax.

Oh, I hadn't seen that yet. Have you done the math on how much it ends up being per gallon? I'm paying about $0.08/gallon including IPM.

Anthem

Anthem

Oh, I hadn't seen that yet. Have you done the math on how much it ends up being per gallon? I'm paying about $0.08/gallon including IPM.
Bill I think it might be cheaper. I am paying $150 for 10lbs each of the veg, core and bloom. 30lbs total. And the use is about 4.8 grams per gallon, so about $.0528 per gallon but no IPM or sterile in the mix.

Top Bottom