Acute Bronchitis

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FutureGrower

Oh I've had a doctor tell me not to take aspirin or anything like that to reduce your fever beyond what you need. The hotter your body is the faster it can fight off the infection or something... but when I was a child my mom only gave me coca cola because of doctors recommendations so I don't know how reliable that is lol!

Ina

Ina

Oh I've had a doctor tell me not to take aspirin or anything like that to reduce your fever beyond what you need. The hotter your body is the faster it can fight off the infection or something... but when I was a child my mom only gave me coca cola because of doctors recommendations so I don't know how reliable that is lol!
it is true,i leave my kid's with fever for a while( but not above 38.5 and sometimes I lower her temperature before sleeping and eating if necessary) and the illness goes away much faster.I know because at first I didn't do that,i was giving her Panadol or something every 3 or 6 hours like my doctor says.....Your doctor was right and other doctors says it to.:)

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I know you're on the mend so these pointers won't be as useful but maybe file it away for next time.

Ma huang contains natural ephedra and is an effective treatment in the absence of man made curatives.

Someone said a high dose of C, yes, but it needs to be spread out through the day in smaller doses or it will be sluffed and you may become deficient. Tea made with rose hips or echinacea are good sources of natural C.

Apply zinc oxide (immuno-booster) under your jowls so it soaks into the lymph nodes under the jaw.

Inhaling the vapors from peppermint extract in hot water will help break up mucus and open up the bronchial passage. Drinking it will also ease an upset stomach.

If you don't have access to albuterol, a few drops of lobelia in an alcohol suspension under the tongue works as a bronchodilator (I think it's seven drops but you need to check first. I know for sure 3-4 drops is safe for an adult). Do not mix lobelia with other meds without checking for interactions first. Do not use a higher dose than recommended, it is very poisonous if overdosed (do not make your own suspension unless you absolutely know what you're doing).

Latest posts

Top Bottom