Adding co2 to grow tent

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Im day 35bloom havent used co2 before.
My u deratabding best to add it from start of fkower even through veg.
Do you think wud make a difference week 6 day 1 flower. Or waste of time?.
Let me no your thoughts. Cheers

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Was only gena try this canister to see if it did inprove yield.

Screenshot 20221122 191158 Samsung Internet
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Temps hunidity everyfings sound at mo. Just cant turn light up more than 70%. Cus was gettin ligjt burn on tips of leaves. So was thinking about adding Co2 then i couls potentionally turn light up. Think going to leave it now on week 6now.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Was only gena try this canister to see if it did inprove yield.
I was also considering doing some small co2 bags or canisters for my tents but from what everyone had told me that they won’t put out enough co2 to make it even worth it and you have to have everything else on point and have a sealed tight environment

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I was also considering doing some small co2 bags or canisters for my tents but from what everyone had told me that they won’t put out enough co2 to make it even worth it and you have to have everything else on point and have a sealed tight environment
Ive used the bag before but didnt notice much difference.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Ive used the bag before but didnt notice much difference.
Yeah, that’s why I didn’t go any further with the idea of trying to supplement small co2 methods. Instead I’m looking into supplementing UV lighting instead of co2. Here’s something to read on about it.

T

Titleist

If you're paying for the CO2 which I assume you are, why not put it to it's best use for the entire grow if that's enough to do it? If that one bottle is all that you have I think it'd be a waste compared to using it for as long as it can provide the necessary ppms you're looking for. IMO CO2 isn't worth the time in a tent as it's exhausted out almost as fast as it's generated in some cases. Some other things are that with this product it's doing it's thing 24/7 until its gone. The plants only need it during lights on so if you're in flower half of the product is being wasted since you can't turn it off.

Again just IMO, using chemically produced CO2 at home may not give you the results you're looking for. Even using CO2 tanks is a waste of money in tents (or any other room as well). This is why if commercial growers are using CO2 they use propane as it's easier to control and is cheaper to produce the CO2.

It may be fun to play with just to see if you get a difference in yield but in a personal grow environment it's just not worth the money for the extra ounce you may get out of a tent.

The yeast bags won't be able to keep up with your exhaust fan if you have them in your tents. It may help a bit during veg if you keep the exhaust very low but during flower you may need to increase exhaust speed to keep humidity low or smells down. That's when you're money is getting sent right out the top of your tent and doing nothing in return.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

If you're paying for the CO2 which I assume you are, why not put it to it's best use for the entire grow if that's enough to do it? If that one bottle is all that you have I think it'd be a waste compared to using it for as long as it can provide the necessary ppms you're looking for. IMO CO2 isn't worth the time in a tent as it's exhausted out almost as fast as it's generated in some cases. Some other things are that with this product it's doing it's thing 24/7 until its gone. The plants only need it during lights on so if you're in flower half of the product is being wasted since you can't turn it off.

Again just IMO, using chemically produced CO2 at home may not give you the results you're looking for. Even using CO2 tanks is a waste of money in tents (or any other room as well). This is why if commercial growers are using CO2 they use propane as it's easier to control and is cheaper to produce the CO2.

It may be fun to play with just to see if you get a difference in yield but in a personal grow environment it's just not worth the money for the extra ounce you may get out of a tent.

The yeast bags won't be able to keep up with your exhaust fan if you have them in your tents. It may help a bit during veg if you keep the exhaust very low but during flower you may need to increase exhaust speed to keep humidity low or smells down. That's when you're money is getting sent right out the top of your tent and doing nothing in return.
Yeah I was considering something small like bags or homemade co2 yeast generator but once I started to bounce ideas off other growers I found out it wouldn’t put out enough and would be a waste of time and money. I never pursued it after that but started researching supplementing UV lighting instead.

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Thats answered my question then cheers .
And yep extraction suks most of it away and need a timer as only want co2wen lights on as you said.
And as im week 6 im going to leave it. Myt try a bottle next one for fun as not much money and see if it does help

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

Thats answered my question then cheers .
And yep extraction suks most of it away and need a timer as only want co2wen lights on as you said.
And as im week 6 im going to leave it. Myt try a bottle next one for fun as not much money and see if it does help
Yeah man, if you already have it use it next run and hopefully theyll get a little something extra from it. Good luck ✌🏼

Top Bottom