Adding two extractor fans to same ducting

• Thread starter CactusJack1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Looking to set up second tent will be using 6 inch fans. Can i add a y connecter to my exhaust going outside or will they exhaust into each tent. If i install a backdraft damper in each line would a fan going at higher speed reduce exhaust from other tent. Any advice would be helpful Thanks

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Looking to set up second tent will be using 6 inch fans. Can i add a y connecter to my exhaust going outside or will they exhaust into each tent. If i install a backdraft damper in each line would a fan going at higher speed reduce exhaust from other tent. Any advice would be helpful Thanks
You will add pressure to a line when one fan is running, more pressure with two. Question is, what happens due to the pressure? I cannot see any way for the pressure from one fan to not affect the other. If you run one fan at 90%, and try to run the other at 20%, the 20% fan will be overwhelmed. If you put some sort of back-pressure restrictor in, it has to transmit some of that back pressure by restricting flow. In short, I don't think it can work and it sounds like a bad idea.

william76

william76

Iv vented 2 tents using a y bit,both fans have to have the same length ducting on each and be the same size fans at the same speed,worked for me for a few years no probs.76

Top Bottom