Advanced Nutrient And Water Reservoir Question

• Thread starter docmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
docmur

docmur

Hey Guys

I have a 120L reservoir that I fill every week with RO water. I'm using Advanced Nutrients and I'm wondering about the stability of them in the reservoir over the course of a week?

My plan is to mix the nutrients and change the reservoir every Saturday. I have an air pump in the reservoir, and I have a water heater to maintain the temperature, so will the nutrients be stable for the week? The plants are on a two day water cycle 20 - 25L / 2 days, with Saturday being change over. They get watered Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Saturday.

Thanks
Docmur

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Hey Guys

I have a 120L reservoir that I fill every week with RO water. I'm using Advanced Nutrients and I'm wondering about the stability of them in the reservoir over the course of a week?

My plan is to mix the nutrients and change the reservoir every Saturday. I have an air pump in the reservoir, and I have a water heater to maintain the temperature, so will the nutrients be stable for the week? The plants are on a two day water cycle 20 - 25L / 2 days, with Saturday being change over. They get watered Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Saturday.

Thanks
Docmur
I'm no expert but I,m sure it depends on the system.if you use a reticulated system the ph will definetly change.
What u mean they'r on a 2 day system?they'r feed once every 2 days?If so you need more feeds .at least 2 a day I would say.you won't yield well at every two days.

docmur

docmur

I'm no expert but I,m sure it depends on the system.if you use a reticulated system the ph will definetly change.
What u mean they'r on a 2 day system?they'r feed once every 2 days?If so you need more feeds .at least 2 a day I would say.you won't yield well at every two days.

You don't need to feed twice a day, that's ridiculous, once every two days, or once ever day, is more then enough to keep the plants happy.

How would the PH change with a reticulate system? A reticulate system would be one which self forms into a network, which I don't even know how you'd do with a irrigation system, as I don't know a method that would evolve one from it's components, but I won't go as far to call it impossible.

Back to the question I asked, will the nutrients remain stable?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You don't need to feed twice a day, that's ridiculous, once every two days, or once ever day, is more then enough to keep the plants happy.

How would the PH change with a reticulate system? A reticulate system would be one which self forms into a network, which I don't even know how you'd do with a irrigation system, as I don't know a method that would evolve one from it's components, but I won't go as far to call it impossible.

Back to the question I asked, will the nutrients remain stable?

First off that all depends on the system and the medium. I feed 5 times a day with lights on.

Ph changes with a recirc system because as you recirc the nutes they are eating nutrients out of the solution at different rates which will effect the PH of the solution. From saying how you water I take it this is drip?

If you want a stable rez then ditch the air pump and start running DTW. Recirc will always have to have the ph adjusted. As far as AN staying stable? No idea never ran them. All nutes should stay stable in a rez but if you are adding air/ or recircing they wont. If they don't stay stable they either have some organic additives which will never stay stable or they have a shit load of ph buffer in them. Either way if it doesnt work out run different nutes.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I have ran AN nutes. Yes, they will be fine for a week. If you’re running the pH perfect line, your good anywhere from a pH of 4-8. Those nutes are designed to feed the plant at a wide range of pH. Adding pH adjusters will mess with the solution. I don’t use AN anymore as I prefer more control.

Enforcer

Enforcer

That depends on your style of grow. Soil, every few days is fine. Coco, multiple daily fertigations is necessary for success. I grow in coco/perlite and am watering 5x a day. Currently on day 16 of flower.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
To answer your question, yes they should be fine for a week, however a lot of other factors may cause your pH to fluctuate throughout the week. I would keep an eye on pH and adjust accordingly before each feeding. Other than that yes advanced nutrients is a good line and depending on your actual method of growing, can last up to 14 days before having to make fresh nutes, at least in my experience.

I would just make sure I have the basics covered. Make sure there isn't any light seeping into the reservoir, no pollutants nearby, clean the reservoir well each time you change water, keep temps stable, keep pH in proper range for your grow method.

I used Advanced Nutrients for a long time until I switched to Emerald Harvest. Just a little better than AN in my humble opinion. Both are great for cannabis.

P

PharmHand

I hate to admit it but I have a shit ton of experience w AN. And imo it will not be fine to sit for any longer than say 12-16 hours before use. AN (at least the sensi line) has a lot of aminos aka protein.... and other organics. It smells like ass within 24h even kept circulated at proper temps. Anaerobic. And the ph drifts way up

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
I hate to admit it but I have a shit ton of experience w AN. And imo it will not be fine to sit for any longer than say 12-16 hours before use. AN (at least the sensi line) has a lot of aminos aka protein.... and other organics. It smells like ass within 24h even kept circulated at proper temps. Anaerobic. And the ph drifts way up

I used to run it in my NFT system, changed water roughly every 7-10 days, never had any problems. Might differ between grow methods.

P

PharmHand

I used to run it in my NFT system, changed water roughly every 7-10 days, never had any problems. Might differ between grow methods.
What did the water smell like? I find it starts to smell bad within about 4-6hours at 70F kept mixed w a circulation pump. It’s got whey protein in it- a decent amount. Whey is a milk product. Maybe it won’t hurt to feed it to them but idk. Most compost teas you wanna use before the 48 hour mark, for example ..... I would think the nute mix w whey in it would be bad long before then? Anaerobes? Maybe I’m being too cautious

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
What did the water smell like? I find it starts to smell bad within about 4-6hours at 70F kept mixed w a circulation pump. It’s got whey protein in it- a decent amount. Whey is a milk product. Maybe it won’t hurt to feed it to them but idk. Most compost teas you wanna use before the 48 hour mark, for example ..... I would think the nute mix w whey in it would be bad long before then? Anaerobes? Maybe I’m being too cautious

Hmm. Well I never noted any potent smells coming from my reservoir. Though I mostly just used base nutrients, as I am stuck with well water and have never used RO water. Just haven't had the need for it. But no smell other than a hint of nitrogen in the veg mix.

As far as "teas" go I mostly foliar fed them and yes always freshly made with teas, dispose of what's left immediately.

Top Bottom