Advanced Nutrients AN Custom Recipes, Product Line Changes, Nutrient Info, Experience

• Thread starter snowkitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do you use Advanced Nutrients and if so, which formula?

• AN Sensi A/B

Votes: 39 22.2%
  • AN Connoisseur A/B

Votes: 23 13.1%
  • AN 3-part

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • AN Monkey Juice

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Just a select few from AN with other regiment

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • Have used AN in the past and WON’T again

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Never tried AN but would consider it

Votes: 38 21.6%
  • Never tried AN and WON’T consider it

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
S

Stonercool

Woah...

ResinPro,

Now you sound like an advertisement for Advanced Nutrients. Sheesh. I totally support anyone who wants to advertise and rein customers in, heck, I do it too, but let’s be realistic here – you’re laying it on a little thick.

That said, I admit that I use a few AN products. And I love them.

But it’s never cool to push your system on someone else – no matter how great it works. Dude, chill.

Keeping it cool…

S

Sensibowl

Imho

MediVapeMan – QUOTE: [AN=Greedy, capitalist pigs.]

Aren’t we all just trying to make a buck? I know I am. Aren’t all companies trying to make money? I like money just as much as the next person – and I’m sure you do too.

Look, if you don’t want to buy AN, that’s cool, but just insulting them seems to be a little unnecessary. What products do you use so that others can learn from your grow experience?

Always have a full bowl…

M

MediVapeMan

MediVapeMan – QUOTE: [AN=Greedy, capitalist pigs.]

Aren’t we all just trying to make a buck? I know I am. Aren’t all companies trying to make money? I like money just as much as the next person – and I’m sure you do too.

Look, if you don’t want to buy AN, that’s cool, but just insulting them seems to be a little unnecessary. What products do you use so that others can learn from your grow experience?

Always have a full bowl…

Like I said in my post, House & Garden all the way! Making a buck is fine. Raping the consumer with a cleverly marketed 357 piece lineup and basically extorting people for as much money as humanly possible is greed. Greed isn't cool. There is a lot of greed in the industry and AN is probably the worst offender. I'm not saying they don't make a quality product. Just that they are greedy, corporate, capitalist pigs and they will never get one dime from me.

I

indoorherbs

Wow man, you're really wound up about this.

The only difference I see between AN and H&G is that Advanced makes a better product and charges more for it.

It's not greed to charge what you think the market will bear.

Surely you don't believe that House and Garden charges a single cent less than they think they can get away with. They're not cheaper than Advanced Nutrients for altruistic reasons... they're cheaper because if they tried to charge more no one would pay it.

There's a point on a curve, I don't remember my econ classes well enough to remember what it's called, but there's a point between the lowest price (where price equals cost and the company breaks even) and the highest price (where only one person is willing to pay that price). At the bottom of the scale you have the maximum number of buyers - almost everyone will buy something that cheap. At the top you have the fewest buyers.

Neither end of the scale maximizes profit. If you only sell one you don't make much regardless of how much over cost you charge. If you sell a million units at cost you make nothing at all. The sweet spot is where you maximize the ratio of customers to price, somewhere in the middle.

So the argument that these coldly corporate "meanies" are bilking the customer is stupid. If they're so obsessed with the bottom line, they don't want to overcharge because that actually hurts profits. As you raise the cost you lower the units sold by more than the increased profit yields. The companies alleged greed actually works in favor of the customer by seeking the point where both sides have the greatest satisfaction with the price.

And I would have to say I don't have a problem with AN's price. Sure, I'd always like to pay less, but I definitely don't feel like I'm getting less than my money's worth. As a matter of fact when I compare the cost to the increase in yield I actually save money.

R

Resinator

I use 50%-75% of recomended ratios because I have small resevoirs and they are less forgiving to over nute. I usually use 50% on the first dose and 75% for the remaining usage

Sensi Bloom A/B
Bud Blood - supplement late veg / early bloom
Nirvahna - supplement late veg / early bloom
B52 - B Vitamins - supplement late veg / early bloom
Aunt Engy's Fulvic Acid - use throught except rooting and flush
BigBud - supplement during bloom
Pirahna Humic Acid - supplement mid/late bloom
Liquid Carbo Load - supplement mid/late bloom
Overdrive - Supplement late bloom
Final Phase - Flush

Occasionally I will use some of my leftover 3 part nutes instead of the Sensi A/B

I bought some of their foilier sprays but they are too unweildy to use in my small grow space. 2' wide X 2' deep X 3' tall.

N

noone88

I started off with a pretty thorough AN line, but as I gained more experience, knowledge about our favorite plants, and general expertise, I have moved away from the AN products to other products which are cheaper and work better.

I still use F1/H2 until my Bioag order comes through. I am supplementing my F1/H2 with Diamond Nectar in my nutrient reservoir and foliar spray

AN Barricade is the $hit if you can still it get. 60-70ml to treat 115 gallon reservoir is unbeatable. I have stocked up on it

Voodoo Juice is still a good product, but I am looking to try out the H&G root product. Pricing is about the same.

Piranha and Tarantula are good products as well. My application rate was 0.5g per gallon, so I haven't been able to find a substitute for it yet. I will try out Great White and Oregonism XL.

I am no longer using Big Bud/Overdrive. I have found that Humbolts Ginormous works very well at low application rates (2-5ml / gallon). I finish off with GH Koolbloom. I plan on using Kushie Kush soon.

I use Botanicare Sweet instead of Sweetleaf/Carboload/Bud Candy

I don't use Sensizym and use only Sipco's Hygrozyme. Hygrozyme's application rate blows Sensizyms application rate out of the water (8ml/gallon vs 20ml/gallon)

I use CalMag instead of SensiCal. No noticeable difference in the two.

Florablend is a superior product to AN's compost tea.

I still use Final Flush; I have a lot of it heh.

M

mjcrusader

I started off with a pretty thorough AN line, but as I gained more experience, knowledge about our favorite plants, and general expertise, I have moved away from the AN products to other products which are cheaper and work better.

I still use F1/H2 until my Bioag order comes through. I am supplementing my F1/H2 with Diamond Nectar in my nutrient reservoir and foliar spray

AN Barricade is the $hit if you can still it get. 60-70ml to treat 115 gallon reservoir is unbeatable. I have stocked up on it

Voodoo Juice is still a good product, but I am looking to try out the H&G root product. Pricing is about the same.

Piranha and Tarantula are good products as well. My application rate was 0.5g per gallon, so I haven't been able to find a substitute for it yet. I will try out Great White and Oregonism XL.

I am no longer using Big Bud/Overdrive. I have found that Humbolts Ginormous works very well at low application rates (2-5ml / gallon). I finish off with GH Koolbloom. I plan on using Kushie Kush soon.

I use Botanicare Sweet instead of Sweetleaf/Carboload/Bud Candy

I don't use Sensizym and use only Sipco's Hygrozyme. Hygrozyme's application rate blows Sensizyms application rate out of the water (8ml/gallon vs 20ml/gallon)

I use CalMag instead of SensiCal. No noticeable difference in the two.

Florablend is a superior product to AN's compost tea.

I still use Final Flush; I have a lot of it heh.

that's good advice here...

I've been sticking iwth this Advanced Nutrients bit for a bit now:

Micro-Grow-Bloom
Voodoo Juice

But I've added Big Bud this go around because I've heard it's the bomb...

I'll have to check out some of your suggsetions for replacements....always cool to try out new things on my grow

:icon_stick man:

urbanite420

urbanite420

Hi all, I am transitioning into a hydro bucket DWC and will be comparing AN sensi 2-part with B-52, voodoo juice, pirahna, kushie kush, bud candy, overdrive, and sensizyme and will compare it to my traditional grow style which is in soil, either Kelloggs patio plus or a local nursery organic blend with GrowMore Palm food (yes, the palm food imo is pretty darn complete as a plant feed) during veg and for flowering phase use Dr. Earths Cottonseed and Bud and Bloom booster solids and tea for flowering. I will also try my traditional nutes, modified into DWC (we'll see how that works).

I am starting a new grow from seed with Cali Connection OG Raskal seeds. Depending on what the sprouting phenos look like I may either go straight into the grow from the seed or take clones from a preferred pheno and grow from there. I'll post pics soon after the seeds germinate. I started germination tonight.

Feliz Navidad!

J

jcash

how much and how often

i just picked up advanced BARRICADE potassium silicate and was wondering how much should i use per gallon of h2o or nutes and also how often should i give it to my plants. labels scratced up on bottle didnt notice it when bought it. Thanx

The Joker

The Joker

Why is it that their are a few shills who may work for advanced nutes posting here in the last few pages. 3 post counts and all of them about how we need to support advanced.

I'm growing with GH 3 part, calmag, budswel and Mother of All blooms. Easy , simple, affordable, great results.

Some people feel good making things as complicated as possible, which is great, some keep it simple.

Let real growers give their honest opinions. No need to shill here. A good product will speak for itself.

I appreciate AN growers showing their grows, but we don't need fake handles pimping the gear.

G

growhard

I have been a fan of Canna for years, never tried AN.... but after I read through Doubled's work that he has been producing and the results simply speak for themselves (even if he is sponsored by AN). I am a stickler for good customer service (of which they are obviously found lacking), but if I want really good Chinese food, I will expect bad service to get it. Same with the nutes.... if they work that good, I'll buy it..... so there I was a 3am this morning... ordering up all the parts to replicate Doubled's system.... stand by.
Although I am a noob here, I am not an employee of AN!

PeelsWindy

PeelsWindy

I myself was a member of the AN forums for a stint. The 10-15 peeps from AN forums that I still talk to, only one or two of them still waste their money on AN products.

AN has performed biased side-by-side tests in which they do not test like for like products.

It should be obvious to anyone watching that the OP of this thread is working for AN as either a nute tester or regular employee.

Peeps who have seen my grows know I grow healthy plants. Advanced Nutrients never helped me increase my yield or overall health of my garden and anyone who says that they did probably does not have 5+ years of growing healthy plants under the same screen name.

Show me some AN users that have been around for years that still use AN.

Go ahead, I'll wait...
Hello & how are you?? 4am and 80’ in WV

Would you share what your recipe ingredients are now?? I’m asking a lot but I’d be ur buddy fer life!

The products work so I’m guessing the change was to save money. Is that right or wrong?

Thanks so much !!!

Top Bottom