Advanced Nutrients Bud Factor X

• Thread starter 30roll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
30roll

30roll

Stuff must really work judging by the price.. đź‘Ž
Id there something else out there that does the same for less??

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
You're judging the effectiveness by the price?

Advanced doesn't tell you what's in their snake oil on the SDS. People guess that it's chitosan, but too much chitosan builds frost at the expense of flower production.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Thats why they sell you Bud Ignitor and Overdrive. I agree that AN could be more forthcoming on their SDS and product information. Also, like most nute companies you pay for the convenience of liquid nutes, pre-made and ready to go. Personally, i also think they recommend higher solution strengths than necessary. You can get outstanding results with their line-up.

30roll

30roll

From what I can tell, that 1 product is by far more expensive than anything else they offer.. It must be good, or they wouldn't get away with charging so much..

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
From what I can tell, that 1 product is by far more expensive than anything else they offer.. It must be good, or they wouldn't get away with charging so much..

Or people don't have the sense to know any better.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
I still use it, pushes your plants that little bit more. I feel that my bud is stickier and more fragrant.

Pippins

Pippins

Bud factor x isn't just chitosan, it also has salicylic acid and harpin protein-all three of which stimulate systemic resistance in different ways. It isn't snake oil, it's just overpriced. All three of those ingredients have many studies backing them up, just look for them. As someone else mentioned, you can do the ebay chitosan thing, or you can buy one of the other chitosan products like Tidal Vision or Hy-Shield (made by the Hygrozyme folks). I love chitosan as a foliar anti-fungal agent. I'm a long term outdoor grower who is now dabbling in coco indoors, and in my climate I was constantly battling botrytis outside. Growing with naturally mold resistant strains helped a lot, but it was chitosan that ended the nightmare for me. I've also heard that too much chitosan can reduce yields, but I haven't found that to be an issue if used once per week as a foliar. Rather than bud factor X, the cheap way to do it is to properly prepare ebay chitosan (there are many "how to's" out there) and feed the girls aspirin water twice per grow-that's another one that can be overdone. This is all from my outdoor experience, but I'm sure it would work indoors too. Oh, and I have no idea how or if Harpin protein works-I've read a few studies but never tested it for myself, but I see you can buy some on Amazon to try it if you want to do the full DIY Bud Factor X experience, hehe.

30roll

30roll

Or people don't have the sense to know any better.
Growing used to be my hobby before it was my job. If you pursue this as a profession, you will grow past the hobby hydro store into real agricultural fertilizer as well.

The point of asking was to get an answer... You come off as a pompous asshole.. I don't care if you're king shit grower of all time. Nobody is here to be talked down too..

Terpz719

Terpz719

Bud factor x isn't just chitosan, it also has salicylic acid and harpin protein-all three of which stimulate systemic resistance in different ways. It isn't snake oil, it's just overpriced. All three of those ingredients have many studies backing them up, just look for them. As someone else mentioned, you can do the ebay chitosan thing, or you can buy one of the other chitosan products like Tidal Vision or Hy-Shield (made by the Hygrozyme folks). I love chitosan as a foliar anti-fungal agent. I'm a long term outdoor grower who is now dabbling in coco indoors, and in my climate I was constantly battling botrytis outside. Growing with naturally mold resistant strains helped a lot, but it was chitosan that ended the nightmare for me. I've also heard that too much chitosan can reduce yields, but I haven't found that to be an issue if used once per week as a foliar. Rather than bud factor X, the cheap way to do it is to properly prepare ebay chitosan (there are many "how to's" out there) and feed the girls aspirin water twice per grow-that's another one that can be overdone. This is all from my outdoor experience, but I'm sure it would work indoors too. Oh, and I have no idea how or if Harpin protein works-I've read a few studies but never tested it for myself, but I see you can buy some on Amazon to try it if you want to do the full DIY Bud Factor X experience, hehe.
The link I posted mentioned the same three ingredients. Given AN's secretive ways that's probably about as good as the info is going to get. Not familiar with Harpin either, but I did run across this.

Harpin Protein Plant Elicitor For Cannabis | Articles | AgFuse

Tubilcain

Tubilcain

The point of asking was to get an answer... You come off as a pompous asshole.. I don't care if you're king shit grower of all time. Nobody is here to be talked down too..
It is expensive, but yes it makes a difference. There is no other product on the market that compares in my opinion. I won't grow without it. I don't use any of the other AN products. But this one is not snake oil. That is why so many people want to try and do it cheaper. It works.

growsince79

growsince79

I don't understand what he said that hurt your feelings. Must be a generational thing. Kids today are so sensitive.
I just want to know if the stuff works. Going shopping in a couple hours.
More opinions on bfx please.

Latest posts

Top Bottom