Advanced nutrients + RDWC

• Thread starter Walters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Walters

Hi guys ☺️

I'm trying the RDWC with 8 buckets 10 gallons.

Advice on :

-what bottles I should use from "advanced nutrients" ?

- at which state should I mix which nutrients ? (Start to finish)

I'm looking for someone that thavevtrued RDWC with advanced nutrients before, so I know which nutrients I should add from start to end 😅

THANKS ☀️

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Staff
Supporter
I've got plenty of experience with RDWC, but not Advanced.

Are you using PH Perfect, Grow, Micro and Bloom?

Here is a calculator to start:

Depending on your system and plants, you may need to adjust that slightly. need more info to help.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Supporter
I just started my first RDWC grow and am using Advanced Nutrients Sensi lineup. I bought their starter pack and so far I like it fine but I am always open to other brands. I like that AN is cannabis specific and that they do not shy away from cannabis growers, in fact, they encourage us and they have a 24/7 help line that I have used several times....great customer service and help to supplement all the great help I have received from good folks here at The Farm. It's great to have that kind of product specific help whereas most of the experts here are only peripherally knowledgeable about AN products because they use different brands.

As Moe said, check out their nute calculator in the link he posted. You can put the product you are using in the calculator as well as the amount of water and it will spit out a weekly feeding schedule. Just follow that and use the help line. Also, it's important that you do not PH your water AFTER you have added the nutrients. AN works to expand the range that cannabis plants normally uptake nutrients to between PH 4 and 8. Our well water comes in around 7-8 and I PH it down to 6 before adding nutes. You also do not want to look at PPM's in the traditional sense either. Change the res every week like they recommend, if you watch PPM's it will throw you off.

One other important thing- You must keep your water temps down under 70F if you are going to be successful in RDWC. I ended up having to spring for a water chiller that was a large expense that I was not counting on. I would run your system for a few days while checking for leaks etc and monitor your water temps to see where you are riding. Room temp, lights, water pumps all contribute to the water temps, which if you do not control will give you root rot.

I have a current grow journal for my first RDWC grow, you might find more useful information if you browse through that thread.

Good luck!

Last edited:
W

Walters

I've got plenty of experience with RDWC, but not Advanced.

Are you using PH Perfect, Grow, Micro and Bloom?

Here is a calculator to start:

Depending on your system and plants, you may need to adjust that slightly. need more info to help.

I actually haven't bought anything yet..... I'm new with the Advanced nutrients.... So I don't even know what products to buy 😅😅

If you have done RDWC, what do you fine BEST to use?

W

Walters

I just started my first RDWC grow and am using Advanced Nutrients Sensi lineup. I bought their starter pack and so far I like it fine but I am always open to other brands. I like that AN is cannabis specific and that they do not shy away from cannabis growers, in fact, they encourage us and they have a 24/7 help line that I have used several times....great customer service and help to supplement all the great help I have received from good folks here at The Farm. It's great to have that kind of product specific help whereas most of the experts here are only peripherally knowledgeable about AN products because they use different brands.

As Moe said, check out their nute calculator in the link he posted. You can put the product you are using in the calculator as well as the amount of water and it will spit out a weekly feeding schedule. Just follow that and use the help line. Also, it's important that you do not PH your water AFTER you have added the nutrients. AN works to expand the range that cannabis plants normally uptake nutrients to between PH 4 and 8. Our well water comes in around 7-8 and I PH it down to 6 before adding nutes. You also do not want to look at PPM's in the traditional sense either. Change the res every week like they recommend, if you watch PPM's it will throw you off.

One other important thing- You must keep your water temps down under 70F if you are going to be successful in RDWC. I ended up having to spring for a water chiller that was a large expense that I was not counting on. I would run your system for a few days while checking for leaks etc and monitor your water temps to see where you are riding. Room temp, lights, water pumps all contribute to the water temps, which if you do not control will give you root rot.

I have a current grow journal for my first RDWC grow, you might find more useful information if you browse through that thread.

Good luck!
Nice, that was a lot of good stuff ☺️ I know about the PH and the PPMs.... I have seen some videos tsaying that if I use semsi grow (1+2) that should regulate the PH value.... If not I should keep it between 5,8 and 6,2 ?? Any thoughts ?

I have a water chiller so the temp. Won't be a problem 👌....

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Staff
Supporter
I actually haven't bought anything yet..... I'm new with the Advanced nutrients.... So I don't even know what products to buy 😅😅

If you have done RDWC, what do you fine BEST to use?
They all work as long as they are made for hydro. Whatever you choose there will be a learning curve for your situation.

Do you have your system set up?

W

Walters

They all work as long as they are made for hydro. Whatever you choose there will be a learning curve for your situation.

Do you have your system set up?
Yes, I got the 8 x 10 gallons bucket from Alien.

I got all the other stuff too 👌 tent, light, filter,CO2 etc .....

I'm looking to buy Advanced nutrients... What can you recommend ? 😊

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Staff
Supporter
Yes, I got the 8 x 10 gallons bucket from Alien.

I got all the other stuff too 👌 tent, light, filter,CO2 etc .....

I'm looking to buy Advanced nutrients... What can you recommend ? 😊
Sorry, can't make a recommendation, I have never run them. Start with manufacturers recommendation on what their complete cannabis line is, and then post up your grow as you do it and we will try to help you steer it properly.