Advanced Sensi Bloom

• Thread starter Mr.23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr.23

Is it me but since i started using advanced as my base i cant get my plants to fade yellow at flush... even if i give then almost 20 days flush!! This is frustrating cuz i want good clean smooth flavorful smoke.
they just turn crazy beutiful autum colors but i dont want bag appeal. This is personal smoke. Any help? I do give a flush in between rez changes too! Any experienced advance users? And this is with sensi... i have the gallons for connasour.. oh man this sucks. Please let me know if im doing something wrong! Thanks!

Tnelz

Tnelz

U will be fine. Flushing is a flawed science anyway. Fade is Def desirable but if it doesn't happen don't worry. So long as u did ur flush sensi will work great for u.

M

Mr.23

I used adavanced nutrients sensi a and b.i feed them tell week 6.then tea tell I pull them I always get nice colors
U will be fine. Flushing is a flawed science anyway. Fade is Def desirable but if it doesn't happen don't worry. So long as u did ur flush sensi will work great for u.

This round i also used beni teas in the rez (loved the roots that came out of the rockwool) along with sensi. They are colorfull for sure!

Tnelz: when i was younger and using soil i had an emergency harvest due to my pops catching me growing in my closet. I did not flush those and it was bomb! The sweetest ever.. smooth and clean. But when switched to hydro in wool that has never been the case. I get harsh smoke if i dont flush no matter what i did so with my situation in hydro using rockwool if i dont flush then i get harsh smoke and even if i flush im still getting semi harsh smoke but the flavor is coming thru.. just still HARSH! Lol.. i want a smooth smoke. Like from the herb i used to get in the 90's... sweet and smooth.. if i switch to soil and use sensi or conni would this still happen?

straincreation

straincreation

@Tnelz is damn right. its a hit and miss with sensi. i used to always get green harvests and i really wanted those autum colors to be consistent so the last 3 harvest i decided to run my sensi at half strength guess what, it didnt affect yeild and also gave me minimal tip burn, this round is def. my favorite of the 3. i think i got my teas dialed pretty good on this one. i flushed for ten days this run and they have been yellowing since the last overdrive feed, but stacking. they also seemed to finish a bit faster on a 75 dayer i could pull now at day 65 and bee happy, but i think 72 is ideal here.

i dont know, but this worked for me and my genetics. also cut down a few additives not to half but lowered none the less. seems like my micro biology is stronger than ever this run cant wait to peep the roots post harvest.
RSCN0230

BOL! happy farmin;)

straincreation

straincreation

This round i also used beni teas in the rez (loved the roots that came out of the rockwool) along with sensi. They are colorfull for sure!

Tnelz: when i was younger and using soil i had an emergency harvest due to my pops catching me growing in my closet. I did not flush those and it was bomb! The sweetest ever.. smooth and clean. But when switched to hydro in wool that has never been the case. I get harsh smoke if i dont flush no matter what i did so with my situation in hydro using rockwool if i dont flush then i get harsh smoke and even if i flush im still getting semi harsh smoke but the flavor is coming thru.. just still HARSH! Lol.. i want a smooth smoke. Like from the herb i used to get in the 90's... sweet and smooth.. if i switch to soil and use sensi or conni would this still happen?

i am a soil grower. did hydro, back to soil. nothing better imo. the saying goes "feed your soil not your plants" or as some ones signature on here is "feed your soil, your plants will love you for it". best herb i have had the pleasure of smokin has and probably wiull be grown in soil, maybe coco but thats as far as ill go. lol:D
happy farmin;)

Tnelz

Tnelz

I totally get why u r doing it. I would continue my flushing if I were u no doubt. I would be willing to bet next time they will fade or the time after that.lol. I think the actual flush is more important than actual fade. Obviously fade is what u want to see but I think the action of flushing outweighs the effect of fading if u catch my drift. Lol. I wouldn't be too worried. I am a long time sensi fan and still go back once in a while. Depends on my ladies mood. Kind of my go to bottles if coco is giving me issues. But at this point I'm 90% organic soil So I don't mess with the synthetics as much. In my current coco pots I'm running cyco notes on a couple and greenstone on the rest. Feel free to stop by my tnelz thread about whatever bro all are welcome! Peace and good vibes to u bro!

M

Mr.23

i am a soil grower. did hydro, back to soil. nothing better imo. the saying goes "feed your soil not your plants" or as some ones signature on here is "feed your soil, your plants will love you for it". best herb i have had the pleasure of smokin has and probably wiull be grown in soil, maybe coco but thats as far as ill go. lol:D
happy farmin;)
I agree. After finishing up my stock of rockwool im planning to go to soil for a bit. I started with organic soil then soiless then hydro and going back to soil preety soon i believe.

M

Mr.23

I totally get why u r doing it. I would continue my flushing if I were u no doubt. I would be willing to bet next time they will fade or the time after that.lol. I think the actual flush is more important than actual fade. Obviously fade is what u want to see but I think the action of flushing outweighs the effect of fading if u catch my drift. Lol. I wouldn't be too worried. I am a long time sensi fan and still go back once in a while. Depends on my ladies mood. Kind of my go to bottles if coco is giving me issues. But at this point I'm 90% organic soil So I don't mess with the synthetics as much. In my current coco pots I'm running cyco notes on a couple and greenstone on the rest. Feel free to stop by my tnelz thread about whatever bro all are welcome! Peace and good vibes to u bro!
Lol TNLZ thats me too... tried other nutes and when starting to get a problem i switch to sensi and bam.. back on track. Understood TNLZ. But even with a long flush if it dosent fade wouldn't that be an indication of too much nitrogen still in the plant leading to the harsh buds? I plan on harvesting this Friday giving the plants almost a 3 week flush. I should post a smoke report. I will be honored to check out your thread! :)

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Tnelz is damn right. its a hit and miss with sensi. i used to always get green harvests and i really wanted those autum colors to be consistent so the last 3 harvest i decided to run my sensi at half strength guess what, it didnt affect yeild and also gave me minimal tip burn, this round is def. my favorite of the 3. i think i got my teas dialed pretty good on this one. i flushed for ten days this run and they have been yellowing since the last overdrive feed, but stacking. they also seemed to finish a bit faster on a 75 dayer i could pull now at day 65 and bee happy, but i think 72 is ideal here.

i dont know, but this worked for me and my genetics. also cut down a few additives not to half but lowered none the less. seems like my micro biology is stronger than ever this run cant wait to peep the roots post harvest.View attachment 484208

BOL! happy farmin;)
Couldn't agree more bro. Nice looking buds brother. Much respect.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Lol TNLZ thats me too... tried other nutes and when starting to get a problem i switch to sensi and bam.. back on track. Understood TNLZ. But even with a long flush if it dosent fade wouldn't that be an indication of too much nitrogen still in the plant leading to the harsh buds? I plan on harvesting this Friday giving the plants almost a 3 week flush. I should post a smoke report. I will be honored to check out your thread! :)
So I don't want to say no I don't agree with u because in principal I do. But let's look at something. Lets say u decided to flush in till u got a fade. Lets just say u were refusing to chop till ur plants faded but that takes u past ur actual cut date and ur trichomes started to degrade. Get where I'm going. There are a million well at least a couple threads on the bunk science behind flushing. It basically goes ur medium gets flushed but once u put something into a plant it's almost impossible to flush it out through the root system. I flush when running synthetics. But I flush for 10 to 14 days and regardless of fade if my trichs as well as a few other indicators are there my plant comes down. I'm not saying I have come out with perfect bud every run I've ever had but over the past 3 or 4 years I've pretty much nailed it. My point is if u r flushing for a couple weeks ur going to be fine imo. I'd love to hear how this comes out. Like @straincreation said he had to emergency chop and that's happened to me more than once and the bud was legit. No harshness and burnt to a nice white ash. I've also ended up on the other side a time or 2. Imo a proper dry whatever the technique and a good long cure usually takes care of all the harshness if it was there at all. I hope I'm making sense. I am totally stoned right now.lol.

M

Mr.23

So I don't want to say no I don't agree with u because in principal I do. But let's look at something. Lets say u decided to flush in till u got a fade. Lets just say u were refusing to chop till ur plants faded but that takes u past ur actual cut date and ur trichomes started to degrade. Get where I'm going. There are a million well at least a couple threads on the bunk science behind flushing. It basically goes ur medium gets flushed but once u put something into a plant it's almost impossible to flush it out through the root system. I flush when running synthetics. But I flush for 10 to 14 days and regardless of fade if my trichs as well as a few other indicators are there my plant comes down. I'm not saying I have come out with perfect bud every run I've ever had but over the past 3 or 4 years I've pretty much nailed it. My point is if u r flushing for a couple weeks ur going to be fine imo. I'd love to hear how this comes out. Like @straincreation said he had to emergency chop and that's happened to me more than once and the bud was legit. No harshness and burnt to a nice white ash. I've also ended up on the other side a time or 2. Imo a proper dry whatever the technique and a good long cure usually takes care of all the harshness if it was there at all. I hope I'm making sense. I am totally stoned right now.lol.
Now i totally understand! Sorry for my confusion. I think im sober.... lol!!! Im going to try like strain creation and cut back on a few additives also to see if it helps. Thanks!!

Tnelz

Tnelz

No worries brother. I'm just relatively sure u will be fine . good luck man and please let us know how it turns out.

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Have you looked into Final Phase and how it works, I am by no means a fan of AN but they have a shit load of money and highly paid scientist working their, they explain final phase down to the molecule and designed it because it's necessary with their line of products but Im also interested in your results, best of wishes

M

Mr.23

No worries brother. I'm just relatively sure u will be fine . good luck man and please let us know how it turns out.
Will do!

Have you looked into Final Phase and how it works, I am by no means a fan of AN but they have a shit load of money and highly paid scientist working their, they explain final phase down to the molecule and designed it because it's necessary with their line of products but Im also interested in your results, best of wishes
I did use final phase. Stay tuned!

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Will do!

I did use final phase. Stay tuned!
I will stay tuned and thanks for the invite, back when I used final phase (6 yrs ago) I followed up final phase with distilled water every watering specifically from the start of final phase based off experience after spending hours on the phone with the AN support line.

They told me final phase can still be absorbed by roots and pulled into the plant....but if you did your homework you know that but as far as the fade goes
Final Phase will induce that as long as used properly the smoke should be decent but if its not guaranteed you can get your money back from AN
I did

Peace and budiful faded grease

M

Mr.23

I will stay tuned and thanks for the invite, back when I used final phase (6 yrs ago) I followed up final phase with distilled water every watering specifically from the start of final phase based off experience after spending hours on the phone with the AN support line.

They told me final phase can still be absorbed by roots and pulled into the plant....but if you did your homework you know that but as far as the fade goes
Final Phase will induce that as long as used properly the smoke should be decent but if its not guaranteed you can get your money back from AN
I did

Peace and budiful faded grease
Phoenixfire how did you use finalphase? Im in hydro drip to waste so at start of flush on the seventh week i just ran final phase for 1 day in regular cycle not constantly. I was so lost at this one.. i read in one place to use it for a couple hour flush with FPhase then just run plain water for remainder of flush and other places to run for the whole 7th week and then on 8th week plain water... it seemed even advanced websites recommend one thing and their bottle says another.. thanks Phoenix!

Top Bottom