Advantages Of VScrog?

• Thread starter sir_diesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sir_diesel

Keep it simple, what is the advantage of a Vscrog, I'm building one right now, will update pics of build :)
gallery_35921_2463_171079.jpg

:banana1sv6:

jagle

jagle

amazing, was thinking of doing this recently, surely its worth it for the more space

S

sir_diesel

Instead of doing 1 high powered 400 or 600, I was thinking of 250w with reflector and 2 hps 150w hanging alone, in my small tent as u already know the size jagle.

Think itd be enough, I'd only add the 2 150w in full bloom after the stretch

jagle

jagle

nice nice, ya i was planning on doing a scrog on a grow im setting up, and tie the growing plants to the side of the cupboard walls. pretty much the same theory here

S

sir_diesel

Not too sure about the 2 150w, might just leave the 250w, its powerful enough to me in my tent. Really want to experiment with cfls as iv been hearing good stuff lately, I have more pics iv found on google of Vscrog or stadium scrogs shall I call it

S

sir_diesel

^^^

More pics of vertical scrogs, seem awesome, defo worth a try!

S

sir_diesel

Haha I think itl take something mad for me to do to probli find the best achievment ever!

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Very interesting pics, loving te setup! Were gonna do something similar on our outside corner plants in our vert. UC setup where there's only 1 light.

S

sir_diesel

Again I'm gonna sound stupid but what is uc? Under current mean

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Again I'm gonna sound stupid but what is uc? Under current mean

Undercurrent is a style of Recirculating Deep Water Culture where the roots are constantly submerged in water that is moving 24/7. There is a main rez, individual buckets for each plant and a pump at the end which are all tied together at the base with piping. The pump pulls the water from the main Rez, through each individual bucket to the pump which then pumps it back to the main Rez. There can also be a top drip sometimes which promotes root growth. We only used the top feed until the end of veg. Which style of growing or medium/system are people using with this Vscrog?

-ALLegal420

S

sir_diesel

I was thinking of running coco 5 pots, 1 in the middle and 2 on either side, undercurrent sounds cool but its abit above my weight division

ALLegal420

ALLegal420

Premium Member
Supporter
Lots of people putting up some awesome numbers in Coco! UC is actually pretty simple and its main benefit is faster veg times along with a few other things people swear it does. Full on water is intimidating though, I hear ya and we probably wouldn't have attempted it without this board. What sort of GPW are you seeing with your setups? Looks great!

-ALLegal420

S

sir_diesel

Well I'm still on my first grow 4 plants 250w, so I'll see how that set up goes, harvest in. Sweeks exact! Excited with my first grow, then I'm building this badboy vscrog which I reckon will have a lot of people subscribing! :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Really love the pics of the 'stadium' SCRoG here- saw an earlier pic of a kitbashed adjust-a-wing hood with a cooltube in it, and I can't help but think that style would be a match made in heaven for a setup like this. What do you all think?

By the way, I'm running RDWC, similar to but not the undercurrent brand, and I'm pretty happy with it, fwiw. Since this is all about training the plants' growth 'above the rim' so to speak, I don't think it matters a whole lot what kind of system you're running underneath, so long as it has the capacity to adequately feed and water the plants in the configuration you've chosen.

BC farmer

BC farmer

Very cool..
ttystikk, I think you are bang on. Whatever the system underneath, they all work some easier/more forgiving than others.
Imagine having the Vscrog lit up on both sides though.
We are doing a scrog (horizontal ) with 20 lights and 25 plants right now as well. This will be our first. Scrogs are cool and have huge potential imo

ttystikk

ttystikk

imho, SCRoG of some sort is a necessary tool in the arsenal of the well-rounded indoor gardener. We're all but forced to do some kind of topping or training, or at least miniturization (SoG), in an attempt to overcome the limitations of low ceiling height and the physical characteristics of indoor lighting. The plants have evolved to take the best shape for the conditions they expect; that is, the outdoors. Indoors, the rules are different and SCRoG of some type is key to maximizing yields and quality, whether it's ganja or basil.

These stadium SCRoG grows do a great job of training the plants so the vast majority of mass and yield is in the optimum distance zone from the bulb. As long as the bulb is stationary, this is a very efficient approach. I also like how this lends itself to longer rows; just line up the bulbs and run the U-shape as far as you want!

Latest posts

Top Bottom