adventures with the "Spider Farmer SF90x90CM "3x3x6" Grow Tent"

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Ok promix water with light nutrients. Like 400ppm. Saturate that entire pot and get runoff. Then you’ll prob go 5-7days before watering again.
i used the same media in this grow and i think i did well with it these were photos tho

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

I mean i can say with utmost certainty if you water the entire pot and back the lights off you will see a drastic improvement within a day or 2.

Other than that i cant help

i will do what you say i wasnt saying you was wrong i do believe you when u say underwatered

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i will do what you say i wasnt saying you was wrong i do believe you when u say underwatered
No worries brother just wanna see you succeed. In the end you always need to choose advice and no offence taken if you dont choose mine. After all they are your plants

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

No worries brother just wanna see you succeed. In the end you always need to choose advice and no offence taken if you dont choose mine. After all they are your plants

i just feed 1/4 cup happy frog all purpose water with about 3/4 a gallon and it was dripping out the bottom

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yes I think Aqua man is correct. The roots can be really finicky either with too much water or too little it goes both ways. So in your situation it was a tiny sprout in that 1+ gallon pot and you were being really careful not to water too much but likely what happened is there was still a few little pockets of dry soil under the roots. So it was limiting the growth potential. Flood the pot good to make sure all the soil gets moist then let it go for a while without watering it should allow the roots to push into those patches that were dry before.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes I think Aqua man is correct. The roots can be really finicky either with too much water or too little it goes both ways. So in your situation it was a tiny sprout in that 1+ gallon pot and you were being really careful not to water too much but likely what happened is there was still a few little pockets of dry soil under the roots. So it was limiting the growth potential. Flood the pot good to make sure all the soil gets moist then let it go for a while without watering it should allow the roots to push into those patches that were dry before.
Exactly

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

these never were in 1 gallon pots i went from 20 oz solo cup to the 3 gallon pots these are autos

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

these never were in 1 gallon pots i went from 20 oz solo cup to the 3 gallon pots these are autos
Just my opinion but you should always water to saturate all of the media and then give a good dry cycle before watering again.

Overwatering is lack of o2 and not to much water. The overwatering symptoms are when you water to often.

If you are fully saturating the media and giving a good dry cycle you should never see those symptoms unless your media is to dense and it shouldn’t be at all especially with a good anount of perlite

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah I cant tell the exact size so thats why I said 1+ they seemed a little bigger than a 1 gallon. When you pulled them out of the solo cups during transplant were the roots full? In other words could you see that the roots filled the small container and took the shape of the cup? I say this because you want to make sure the roots fill the solo cup before you transplant if you do it too soon the soil can crumble and fall apart it can shock the roots. This is especially problematic for autos. Also heres a tip on the day you transplant from your solo cups make sure the soil is dry NOT wet this will also help prevent the soil from crumbling. You don't want the solo cup to be root bound however you also don't want to do it too soon or else the soil is still loose and it can come apart during the transplant. There is a time sweet spot in the middle when transplanting from a small container to a larger one roots need to be not too loose but also not too tight.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Just my opinion but you should always water to saturate all of the media and then give a good dry cycle before watering again.

Overwatering is lack of o2 and not to much water. The overwatering symptoms are when you water to often.

If you are fully saturating the media and giving a good dry cycle you should never see those symptoms unless your media is to dense and it shouldn’t be at all especially with a good anount of perlite
This is spot on and great advice. I learned this the hard way. Lack of oxygen kills the roots not too much water. Think about it... If too much water was what killed the roots then how could people grow in hydro? Roots in hydro are completely submerged in water. The hydro guys can do it because they have air stones and pumps that oxygenate the water constantly. The reason why people kill plants from overwatering is usually because there is a lack of drainage aka not enough perlite or also soil is packed too hard on accident. This will trap the water in the soil it cant drain properly. The wet soggy soil at the bottom of the pot can not breathe it lacks oxygen therefore it starts to become stagnate. Once the soil is stagnate and smells like a fart then its usually too late it has created root rot and the damage is done this is why proper drainage is important.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I've been having real issues with my fabric pots drying out too fast for me to catch them. I've now gone to what I'm calling a double water where I'm giving my 3 gallon pots their regular 1 gallon water / feed.....then between 6 &12 hrs later hitting them again with about 1/2 gallon of what ever they need....just to get 3 full days between there next water./feed.....I like the way my plants grow in the fab pots but I wasn't prepared for the extra work they've caused in the heat of the summer anyways

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been having real issues with my fabric pots drying out too fast for me to catch them. I've now gone to what I'm calling a double water where I'm giving my 3 gallon pots their regular 1 gallon water / feed.....then between 6 &12 hrs later hitting them again with about 1/2 gallon of what ever they need....just to get 3 full days between there next water./feed.....I like the way my plants grow in the fab pots but I wasn't prepared for the extra work they've caused in the heat of the summer anyways
Yeah its a trade off definitely but no denying the growth is faster if managed well

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yes this is true fabric dries out real quick a lot of it too depends on if your fabric pots are root bound. If you have a large plant and your fabric pot is entirely packed with roots tightly then the plant sucks the moisture out very quickly. If you are still in veg you can help fix that by going one size up in pot size although I know 5 is pretty large. If you want to stay in that 3 then perhaps you can put the drip pans on the bottom and flood them super heavy. I would usually NEVER recommend drip pans because with most people they cause overwatering and root rot issues however in your unique situation it seems like your plants could benefit from it. If its hot and your drying out mid day then you use can use the drip pans and flood it super hard so that the pan also is flooded. Then during the day the plant will wick up the pooled water through the fabric pot. That can be dangerous cuz stagnate water is usually no good however in your situation Im willing to bet by the end of day the drip pan would be bone dry. This is a way you might be able to stretch it to one watering a day. Once it cools off you gotta be diligent about pulling the drip pans back out. I use this strategy when I go out of town sometimes I will flood the drip pans so that 3 days later when I come home my fabric potted plants aren't completely bone dry and laying over. It works great but only for mature and thirsty plants that can keep up with the water load.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

well i have a stupid question maybe someone could answer .
what exactly is dry ? is it bone dry or what when i watered my 3 gallon fabric pots i would water with about 3/4 a gallon of water slowly and it would start to drip out the bottom then it would be 4 or 5 days before i watered again because the last 2 to 4 inches of medium in the bottom of the pot would still feel wet but the top have would fill dry .

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

well i have a stupid question maybe someone could answer .
what exactly is dry ? is it bone dry or what when i watered my 3 gallon fabric pots i would water with about 3/4 a gallon of water slowly and it would start to drip out the bottom then it would be 4 or 5 days before i watered again because the last 2 to 4 inches of medium in the bottom of the pot would still feel wet but the top have would fill dry .
So when you water pick up the pot and you can feel its heavy… then when you feel as though its not heavy like that but getting lighter you can water… if you even need to think about it they are not ready yet…. It will be noticeably lighter

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah its a trade off definitely but no denying the growth is faster if managed well
The plants roots grow through the soil & not around it. There's no root wrap or winding around the pot between the plastic and the soil.....When I remove my plants from fabric pots there are no roots, they're all in the dirt...that has to be better than plastic. I've busted open root balls from big plants that have been in 5 gallon plastic pots and there are no roots in the centre mass, they're all hugging the outside of the dirt....Its just tricky transplanting out of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom