Advice for climate control in 4x4

• Thread starter Goblinkiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello good people

I have a 400 something cfm inline fan without control that is in my 4x4.

It does not exchange air enough. Heat goes too high.

I am reaching out to you to please share your experiences with good inline fans and control setups.

I am looking at various controllers, such as inline fan temp and humidity, and those that control more factors.

Have been considering ac infinity cloudline t8
Or max fan can fan.

Any experience with the last one?

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Forgot to mention the lights are 3 pieces of 240w meijiu boards

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i have a 6" fan, 390 cfm i believe. i tried some things, and what i landed on has worked well. i have a humidifier, a dehumidifier and a heater in the room. i pull air in from the room. i control the environment in the room, and i can cool or warm the room pretty fast.

i use a handful of smart plugs and a sensor and set it up on my smart stuff (i use google, tried alexa, and it works, im just old, and kept saying ok google instead of alexa.) i have some smart thermometers/hygrometers to monitor different spots. i use fans to move air, several 4" fans, i can cycle on and off smartly.

another thing i did is make their day my night, this took care of some of the heating issues since my house was naturally warmer in the day, so with no lights on the room heat was enough. the night i like it cool, so the lights on makes heat and the room is normally cool so that helps. at first i thought the dehumidifier made the air hot, but it really makes it cool and crisp. so the air going into the tent is pretty perfect, lol,

my exhaust fan runs pretty much 24/7 im just pumping in air that is right, then make sure it cycles around before going up and out.

i ended up with a decent dehum. and it also "purifies" - filters - the air. my room is 10x10 and i use a smart vent on the hvac and control that to make the room pretty constant.

ive been trying to pay more attention to my leaf temps and found that they can stay pretty high even with lower tent temps. i can maintain about 78f leaf temp with the tent at about 74f.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If you can’t keep a 4x4 cool with a 400cfm fan you either need cooler intake air or exhaust outside the house. With 72 degree inside air and exhaust through a window vent I could keep a 600w hps in a 4x4 at 75 degrees no problem. But with 75 degree inside air the temps started to climb in the tent.

Also using 4 6” clip fans on each pole pointing up to form a vortex helps get the hot air out faster.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys
I think the exhaust is working too hard. Its drawing air through coal filter and travelling through 2 metres of ducting to my Window.

Heard many people mention those smart plugs and WiFi controllers..

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Someone wrote that the cloudline t8 at setting 1(lowest) sucked in the walls of their 5x5. So should be careful with that I suppose.

I will keep looking for good options.

Top Bottom