• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Hps or led?

• Hps

• Led

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lewis3189

Lewis3189

Hi all, I'm starting a commercial indoor cultivation in a shed on an area of about 300 square meters. I am with a partner who is much more experienced than me who will take care of all the production and creation of the plant, while I will take care of everything else, I was looking for some advice on how to do it all, the more advice the better. I would especially like to know your opinion on lighting. hps 600w or led 600w or 1000w. I also found 600w led at the price of 600w hps do you say they are of low quality (150 €)? if you could also tell me in a general way the cost of a complete 600w lamp and the cost + brand of a led lamp at the same level as a 600w hps. I would also like to have an opinion if it is appropriate to do a cultivation with earth and pots or hydroponics. in these 300 meters we think we will be able to produce about 400 / 500kg of product per year with 4/5 harvests. thank you all

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Hi all, I'm starting a commercial indoor cultivation in a shed on an area of about 300 square meters. I am with a partner who is much more experienced than me who will take care of all the production and creation of the plant, while I will take care of everything else, I was looking for some advice on how to do it all, the more advice the better. I would especially like to know your opinion on lighting. hps 600w or led 600w. I also found 600w led at the price of 600w hps do you say they are of low quality (150 €)? if you could also tell me in a general way the cost of a complete 600w lamp and the cost + brand of a led lamp at the same level as a 600w hps. I would also like to have an opinion if it is appropriate to do a cultivation with earth and pots or hydroponics. in these 300 meters we think we will be able to produce about 400 / 500kg of product per year with 4/5 harvests. thank you all
If your growing commercially i wouldn't use 600w i use 1000w DE like gavita to produce 400-500kg a year you'll need about 75-100 lights to produce that and you'd have to be right on the ball if you have that much room id recommend multiple rooms running flip flop systems. I don't mean to offend on this but make sure your grower actually knows that hes doing. wouldn't be the first time I've herd of some basic grower convince someone to put up a lot of money and time into building a shop and it go south one of my best friends just put up over 100 grand into his and had someone with 25 plus years growing and he shit the bed on him and barley pulled enough to pay the bills doing it in smaller rooms like 8-20 lights in one room allows you to dial things in abit better and faster and doesn't cost as much in bills your your up front to get running as things get dialed in you can then keep adding on with less risk if you make all the rooms the same way they should all be similar to dial in but not always exactly the same and if you want 4-5 crops a year you have to stick with 8 week flowers only and alot more of them are 9 and i find the better strains that most people like are 10 week flower youd have to be right on time with everything and even then id be close to get your full 4

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

If your growing commercially i wouldn't use 600w i use 1000w DE like gavita to produce 400-500kg a year you'll need about 75-100 lights to produce that and you'd have to be right on the ball if you have that much room id recommend multiple rooms running flip flop systems. I don't mean to offend on this but make sure your grower actually knows that hes doing. wouldn't be the first time I've herd of some basic grower convince someone to put up a lot of money and time into building a shop and it go south one of my best friends just put up over 100 grand into his and had someone with 25 plus years growing and he shit the bed on him and barley pulled enough to pay the bills doing it in smaller rooms like 8-20 lights in one room allows you to dial things in abit better and faster and doesn't cost as much in bills your your up front to get running as things get dialed in you can then keep adding on with less risk if you make all the rooms the same way they should all be similar to dial in but not always exactly the same and if you want 4-5 crops a year you have to stick with 8 week flowers only and alot more of them are 9 and i find the better strains that most people like are 10 week flower youd have to be right on time with everything and even then id be close to get your full 4
Just my thoughts on it. P.S i find it strange the person you want to have be the grower left you to do the design if that was me and someone offered me a job like that i really wanna be apart of the design then i could make it what i think would be best for growing condition and id know where everything is right away so i wouldn't be running around trying to find things and id have a full plan

Lewis3189

Lewis3189

Just my thoughts on it. P.S i find it strange the person you want to have be the grower left you to do the design if that was me and someone offered me a job like that i really wanna be apart of the design then i could make it what i think would be best for growing condition and id know where everything is right away so i wouldn't be running around trying to find things and id have a full plan
Thanks for the reply. the other person is in charge of designing the system, I just try to inform myself as much as possible. I will then take care of marketing, corporate structure, accounting, etc. .. the other partner is a person who has been in the sector for a long time and has already had his own company in this sector for 3 years while I am an expert in business management and planning. the problem is not to cultivate and make the product but to sell it. considering the retail price of € 10 per gram and wholesale price € 3 per gram, the potential turnover is € 1,500,000 / € 5,000,000 against an investment of € 50,000 / 100,000 + costs of production, rent, employees etc. .. if business goes well we can expand to the rest of the shed for a total of 1500mq 2tons of product, of course we will start a brand with store and franchaise. you cannot start growing in just 50sqm, the cost to make 300sqm is not 6 times higher than 50sqm, it is cheaper to start large immediately. as for the crops, obviously making 3 separate sections of 100 square meters each, you can have a harvest every month using plants that take 3 months from vegetative to flowering. Everything you need to say or every doubt it’s helpful to me thanks

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Okay id recommend 1000w DE for lighting could also use the 750w DE both by gavita and for soil or hydro id do soil but that's cause I've never tried hydro and soil is a lot more forgiving to when it comes too the medium i recommend using what your growing most familiar with if things go well for that then i try something different when expanding but if hes already running a hydro set up i just stick with hydro but if you start in soil you could try making the new rooms set up for hydro as for hydro will give you better buds and bigger yields but only if no mistakes are made even power outages for 5 mins can ruin a hydro set up

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Okay id recommend 1000w DE for lighting could also use the 750w DE both by gavita and for soil or hydro id do soil but that's cause I've never tried hydro and soil is a lot more forgiving to when it comes too the medium i recommend using what your growing most familiar with if things go well for that then i try something different when expanding but if hes already running a hydro set up i just stick with hydro but if you start in soil you could try making the new rooms set up for hydro as for hydro will give you better buds and bigger yields but only if no mistakes are made even power outages for 5 mins can ruin a hydro set up
Notes the gavita lights have controllers that allow you to turn them up and down easily so if you buy the 1000w DE you can run them 600w-750-875-1000-1150 thats right you can have them turn up past 100% and get amazing penetration for your plants but its not often plants can handle that amount of light

Top Bottom