Advice for nanners & seeded buds week 6

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

My previous grows have all gone successfully so I guess I'm due for a failure.

A week ago spotted nanners on one of 4 plants. Removed maybe 15 max. Saw a couple really small nanners on same plant today, and removed all 5 maybe.

But I notice on the nanner plant and it's neighbor some obviously pregnant buds:
Advice for nanners  seeded buds week 6

PXL_20220407_225700101.MP_exported_0.jpg

I am in the middle of week 6. I believe it will take a full 10 weeks to mature fully.

What's your advice? Harvest the nanner plant early? Thanks for the help

Dudethatsweet

Dudethatsweet

First off you need to eliminate what is causing it, Could be genetics there are some strains that evolved to self pollinate. But chances are it's light poisoning.
Check your grow during lights off and make sure there are zero light sources, even the little LED on the power strip. Guessing you are using a tent, make sure there are no gaps and all drawstrings are pulled tight. Even a few inches of torn zipper can let a beam of bananas into your grow.
On average it takes 9 to 10 days after the event for them to show.
Take your plant out of the grow and thoroughly pick off all bananas. Use a lite misting sprayer on the affected plant. When pollen comes into contact with water it is no longer viable. You can return it into the grow and I also recommend spraying the other girls and the inside of your tent to deactivate any remaining viable pollen hiding everywhere. Keep a close eye on her, if she stops throwing bananas your good. Depending on your RH you could add a vaporizer (not humidifier) directed at the plant top level for a day or two to help sterilize any pollen from phantom bananas. Keep the airflow up and don't let your RH get too high, you should be ok.

Green side up^
DtS

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

I destroy a lot of stuff in a rage but not the plants. I only abuse them inadvertently.

I'll keep an eye on the gender bending plant. I hesitate to mist the tent as the inside is kind of cramped and all my plants are verrrry thick with leaves and bushy. But if instructed I will.

I suppose there could be a light leak. The tent is inside a closed room in a basement, but there is a gap under the door. I still have a hunch that it's totally dark in there, but there could be reflections. There were a few days I left the flap to the tent open and surrounding a heater. All my indicator lights are taped-over.

Even in the best of cases I know I couldn't remove 100% of the plant penises. But yeah these are overly bushy with a ton of small bud sites; I can only pick off what I see.

Looks like it's going to be a bubble run. Protips: don't grow in the winter if you ain't got the heat, and PRUNE them bitches 😭

Would it be wise to remove any calyxes that are obviously pregnant with seed?

Ponky

Ponky

I destroy a lot of stuff in a rage but not the plants. I only abuse them inadvertently.

I'll keep an eye on the gender bending plant. I hesitate to mist the tent as the inside is kind of cramped and all my plants are verrrry thick with leaves and bushy. But if instructed I will.

I suppose there could be a light leak. The tent is inside a closed room in a basement, but there is a gap under the door. I still have a hunch that it's totally dark in there, but there could be reflections. There were a few days I left the flap to the tent open and surrounding a heater. All my indicator lights are taped-over.

Even in the best of cases I know I couldn't remove 100% of the plant penises. But yeah these are overly bushy with a ton of small bud sites; I can only pick off what I see.

Looks like it's going to be a bubble run. Protips: don't grow in the winter if you ain't got the heat, and PRUNE them bitches 😭

It's kind of a losing battle I find. I would personally chop em down. And maybe just make an extract.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

I'd just bite the bullet and live with what you have. Finish them off and de-seed as needed. Shit man seeded weed is all there was 50 years ago and we smoked it then.

A record album and a pack of matches were tools we used to clean it with. Some of the stuff inside with less air movement might still be okay.....

Bin there dun that my friend,,,,we all get fked up grows once and a while. ...I'm dying here myself with a Monster that could have been, all locked up beauty Bubble Bomb I screwed up.. with 2 week old buds on a 7 week in flower girl...... I'm too old for tears but its a sad story.....lol

Top Bottom