Advice for newbies on how to regulate grow tent temperature and humidity please

• Thread starter Worldwomble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Worldwomble

Worldwomble

Hi all
I’d really value your advice and information on the setup you have for regulating the temperature and humidity in your tent please.
I’ve considered the SMSCom smart fan controller that will adjust the exhaust fan to keep the tent at a desired temperature but I don’t think it will be effective during temperature extremes.
I’ve been looking at the Inkbird temperature controller which has an outlet for heating and one for cooling and the Inkbird humidity controller which has an outlet for a humidifier and a dehumidifier but where the heck do I draw the line at appliances/cost etc and if I were to take that path I wouldn’t have a clue about the best heater, cooler, humidifier and dehumidifier.
I have an 8’x 5’ grow tent in our backyard metal shed containing 8 plants.
I live in a warm temperate zone with a mean max temp of 30*C in summer and 11*C in winter.
Thankfully the weather has been quite mild so the first crop is growing well at this stage but I can foresee some problems coming into summer then next winter.
My current set up includes:
a lumatek Zeus led 6000w pro (only minimal heat produced from this light) at 100%, 18/6 timer, 60cm from the top of the plants.
2 x exhale co2 bag
Planted in fabric 40 litre pots of living soil with a small amount of perlite for extra drainage
Watered with straight, dechlorinated water that is kept at 22*C every third day to just before run off
Every second water includes water from rinsing the outdoor fishpond filter
Misted with optic foliar Overgrown spray every third day
Intake and exhaust fans set to keep tent at negative pressure
2 oscillating fans for air movement within tent
Plants have been topped and side branches fimmed
Plants placed so they’re not touching each other
2 trays of water on floor to increase humidity
I’m planning to close off and line the part of the shed where the tent is with foil board and insulation.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Habosabin

Habosabin

I grow in an outdoor shed as well. I only do it in the winter months or else the temps get to high. I use an ac infinity temp/rh fan with controller. I use a reptile humidifier with rh controller. I use an inkbird dual temp timer with small heater. Hotter temps during lights on and lower temps during lights off. I cannot actively cool. All indoor would be much easier to control but it is what it is.

Top Bottom