Advice - Heater broke and girls got cold will they be OK?

• Thread starter Lisa22
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lisa22

Lisa22

My tent heater broke and I didn't realize for 2 or 3 nights. I know that they got down to 60 degrees last night. They look just fine but I have had a plant Hemi on me from my having it outside (to spray) and it being low 60's. The plants are 3 only weeks old - should I toss and go buy new clones? I sure don't want to go through another 3 or 4 weeks veg and then another 2 or 3 wks flower to find they are hemi's (and catching a hemi for me is a challenge and scary that you won't). But it's a long drive and another $150 bucks to replace. I'd appreciate opinions. Has any one else had their girls get that cold for a few nights and stay female?

4x4 tent - 4 600w led - 5 gallon organic dirt

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
You shouldn't have any problems with temps in the 50s or 60s. I have had them growing with light snow on them and they were OK afterwards. Unless you get a hard frost or a freeze, you shouldn't have any issues other than slowed growth and possibly some color changes. I'm not sure why folks are having such problems with hermed plants... it seems like the trait is creeping into the genetics. Other than an occasional single male flower, I've never seen a hermed plant of my own, but I guess you can get them from light leaks and stuff.

Lisa22

Lisa22

You shouldn't have any problems with temps in the 50s or 60s. I have had them growing with light snow on them and they were OK afterwards. Unless you get a hard frost or a freeze, you shouldn't have any issues other than slowed growth and possibly some color changes. I'm not sure why folks are having such problems with hermed plants... it seems like the trait is creeping into the genetics. Other than an occasional single male flower, I've never seen a hermed plant of my own, but I guess you can get them from light leaks and stuff.
Jimster - you are sure saying what I wanted to hear! I don't think the hermi is from light leaks as much as stress (just from my very small time at growing). But they are hard to catch and can wreck a tent in a blink.
Thank you for answering - I'll stick with them and let you know in 3 or 4 months how it worked out.

Top Bottom