Advice Light heat and foxtailing

• Thread starter Athomes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Athomes

Athomes

I have a 4*4 tent with a 600 watt hps. Have 4 different strains and one of them has stretched sooo much gotten too close to light can’t raise my light any higher. With it being summer here my tent reaches 32c. The other 3 seemed be handling the heat ok but not the streacher
House has central air but have to grow in basement and can’t exhaust outside
I’ve just made it to week 8 tricomes are all milky no amber.

My question is should I crop them now before foxtailing gets worse (is getting real the last week) or do I ride it out until normal harvest time.
Buying Photontek 465 for next run hope that’s the end of my heat problem

Advice light heat and foxtailing
Advice light heat and foxtailing 2
Advice light heat and foxtailing 3
elduderito

elduderito

I personally would try leave them to finish ... seems like your pretty close but it's hard to tell ... we're the pistils more than 50% brown before all the foxtails started popping out?

Athomes

Athomes

Yea pistols are about 70% brown
I personally would try leave them to finish ... seems like your pretty close but it's hard to tell ... we're the pistils more than 50% brown before all the foxtails started popping out?

ChesterCheeba

ChesterCheeba

I’d just let them finish and reevaluate after. I had same issue and couldn’t stop the stretch as much as I wished. They all finished great but had some heat stress. I’m going for a taller tent this go around. I’m using two 315w CMH in a 4x4, I know your struggle lol.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There's foxtailing and there's tasseling. You have a little foxtailing that is likely adding to your yield. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

You are not getting tasseling, which is a strong reaction to the light being too close.

I'm with everyone else — just finish it out. It might be another week or two. You can do a supercrop and bend the top branches of that tall plant over at a 90 degree angle, if you're concerned.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Too late to 'crop', super-cropping should be done before the stretch or before it ends. They look incredible, i'd just let them go. They'll max out after they stretch a couple feet

Athomes

Athomes

Thank you for the advice going to harvest this weekend 3 of the four strains are ready and Stretch has foot and a half long buds close enough 👍🏼
Have a clone of each I need to start flowering
Looking forward to doing my first super crop with that one

Top Bottom