Advice Needed

• Thread starter Thecaptian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Thecaptian

I can’t figure out if this is coming from over nuting, or a deficiency of some sort. Obviously if it’s over nuting I should cut back, but if it’s a deficiency, cutting back will just make it worse. Any opinions?

Rock wool slabs and LEDs are the set up. Thanks in advance.
E1F51131 EE00 4842 9470 183DAB85F44C
EF3FD425 F9DB 48F4 9F32 05EA336CE5AC

T

Thecaptian

Mixing by hand from botanicare “sweet”, liquid karma, and cal mag, so I’m not sure on the ppm (which I’m sure is probably the issue). If they’re over fed, should I just water with pure water for a few days? Is the problem correctable? They’re about 3 weeks into bloom.

P

Pass2TheLeft

It could be over watering and heat issues aswell what temps and how nany times per day you feeding?

Reactions: Ina
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Mixing by hand from botanicare “sweet”, liquid karma, and cal mag, so I’m not sure on the ppm (which I’m sure is probably the issue). If they’re over fed, should I just water with pure water for a few days? Is the problem correctable? They’re about 3 weeks into bloom.
May have stunted their growth. Overfeeding in bloom can be treacherous.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont have experience with rockwool either but i think running fresh water through to clear out nutes then add back a low concentration of a balanced complete grow ratio type nute. No other additives.

This will clear the roots and give some nutrients for her to heal and grow.

If someone knows rockwool. Please chime in with tips.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks to be too hot of a Phosphorus level, to my untrained eye. I grow in Promix and feed every 7-10 days. It sounds like you are using a fortified medium and adding to it, which can cause several issues, including Ph problems and the associated nutrient lockout the happens because of it. Adding Cal-Mag indiscriminately, without having any idea of the water sources general makeup and dissolved minerals can also cause issues. I would flush out the medium and everything possible, but I would use distilled or Reverse Osmosis water until you know the local tap water's qualities. I'd flush a few times, then let it rest for a day or two and observe it for any new developments. If everything is OK, I would start on a 25% regimen of your previous feeding. It's important to know the soil or medium you are working with. Fortified soils are great as long as you don't add to them. Plants don't eat like teenagers, with more food = bigger/stronger kids. Its more like prednisone...a little extra can be useful at times, but too much for too long and problems arise. Again, this is just my opinion of what I would do. Reading posts is a great way to get info as well as everyone has had issues at some point, and a lot of info, sometimes too much or conflicting, is given. This is simply because there are so many different ways to do it, and some might work where others fail and vice versa. Good luck and keep up the great work!

T

Thecaptian

This was extremely helpful, Jimster. Much appreciated for the opinions guys!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

To much nutrients can and will throw off your ph, deadstill is right, until you get to the point were your comfortable mixing up your nutrients correctly, you really should check you ph.

Top Bottom