advice on distance and wattage settings for a 240w led in a 2x2

• Thread starter Ranc1dM3at
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ranc1dM3at

Ranc1dM3at

I have ordered a Kingbrite KB-W55-L560-240W samsung lm301b/lm301h with epistar 660nm red led strip light for my second grow in a 2x2 tent. I'm looking for advice on how to determine the optimal wattage settings and height from canopy for both veg and flower. If anyone has already done the science and can lend a little help it would be great I have the Korona App to measure LUX but no access to better meters. My first grow and current veg light is a 100w no red UFO and im hoping i can increase my yield with better lighting set up properly during late veg and flower.

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

My plants thanked me with nice green growth when I raised my 150w led to 24". After that, I needed to dim it a little to drop grow room temps from mid 80's to high 70's.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the light will come with a suggested use chart with the stages and the settings. start in the middle range, watch the plants. if the leaves are pointing upwards, and no major tacoing, yellow tips or crispy leaves you are good. i lower or raise while watching the plants respond. but i have no life and watch my plants all day. lately ive been using the lux app and setting the lights that way. the accuracy is fine for setting the lights, especially if you watch the plants

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I have ordered a Kingbrite KB-W55-L560-240W samsung lm301b/lm301h with epistar 660nm red led strip light for my second grow in a 2x2 tent. I'm looking for advice on how to determine the optimal wattage settings and height from canopy for both veg and flower. If anyone has already done the science and can lend a little help it would be great I have the Korona App to measure LUX but no access to better meters. My first grow and current veg light is a 100w no red UFO and im hoping i can increase my yield with better lighting set up properly during late veg and flower.
I have the kingbrite 240 watt quantum board and I have mine at 24 inches but I’m wondering how close I can push it when flowering but I’m the hunt for these answers as well. For the dimming part I just looked at the spider farmer website on their suggested dimming percentage for the sf2000 which is actually 40 watts less so I adjusted accordingly but I generally use their recommendation for dimming.

C0E79F73 8347 42CA 88D2 21EFDE1778AF
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
the light will come with a suggested use chart with the stages and the settings. start in the middle range, watch the plants. if the leaves are pointing upwards, and no major tacoing, yellow tips or crispy leaves you are good. i lower or raise while watching the plants respond. but i have no life and watch my plants all day. lately ive been using the lux app and setting the lights that way. the accuracy is fine for setting the lights, especially if you watch the plants
Ya I thought it would come with a chart but it didn’t so I followed close to what spider farmer suggests for the sf 2000

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
use the meter and look at the plants. or just look at the plants. you can tell if they are liking the light or if you can lower or turn it up , run it right on the edge of the plant pointing up but no yellow tips or signs of distress... only works if you have watering and all worked out.

one of the best things about having 4 smaller lights in my 4x4 tent instead of a big one is i can adjust lights and plants so that they are all happy

Ranc1dM3at

Ranc1dM3at

what Lux ranges should i be looking for at the center and corners during veg and flower?

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you only have one light, you have to chose. i have 4 lights and 4 plants. on one i bent the main cola and set the light for the canopy. one is trained low and even, so that light is set for that plant, and so on...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Clones under 5k
Seedlings/rooted clones 5-10k
Veg 15-40k 18/6
Flower 45-65k 12/12

Always start at the low end of the scale and work up 3-5k every few days based on plant response.

Most often the plants will actually grow into the light that adjustments don't need to be made very often.

R

redshift75

im running mine in a 2x2x3 tent for seed/clone domes. 1 light at top of the tent highest it goes with small space for drive. and its running about 20-25% on the dial and its on the "intense light" side at that setting. So could be like as low as it goes and be good. never needed to run these lights over 80% in my grows with them for veg/flower. But only have about a year now with the lights. I didn't get kingbrite version but the other seller on Ali.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
if i were smart, id invent a smart light that could use tech to shine the right amount of light where and when it is needed.

Habosabin

Habosabin

what Lux ranges should i be looking for at the center and corners during veg and flower?
Your korona app can do DLI as well. Be sure to use a diffuser with that app. A piece of white paper to cover your camera.

Mugwort

Mugwort

Does the manual for your light provide a PPFD map showing values at varying canopy distances and light spread from center. I would let that be my guide. I would start high.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter

HOW MUCH LIGHT DO YOUR CANNABIS PLANTS REQUIRE?​

• Clones and seedlings: 5,000–7,000 lux
  • Vegetative growth: 15,000–50,000 lux
  • Flowering: 45,000–65,000 lux
  • Maximum recommended amount of light: 75,000 lux

What about even more light? At some point, increasing the light beyond a threshold plant can manage will actually diminish returns. Said differently, once you reach about 85,000 lux, it’s simply too much. Some strains may already show signs of light stress at only 75,000 lux, with the risk of light bleaching increasing at over 80,000 lux. To keep it safe, it is best to stay at or below 75,000 lux.

Top Bottom