Advice on H2O2 missing critical information

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Somewhere here is an article on using H2O2 with cannabis for various purposes. It gives solution strengths to use for cleaning, or algae control and the like. I can't find it now or I'd link to it.

In the beginning of the article it mentions getting H2O2 in 3%, 6% and even 35% concentrations. Problem is, later on when telling you to mix "X teaspoons of H2O2" that there is no mention of whether or not that is 3% or 35% to start with!

I have a gallon of 35% H2O2, and I have a 14 gallon reservoir that might get an algae buildup. How much of 35% H2O2 can I put into a liter of water to safely dose my reservoir as a preventive?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
3ml / gl of 3% h2o2 is a ratio I was told some time ago. I've used it on occasion with no ill effects. I've diluted 35% 1 ounce to 11 ounce tap as well to get the 3%

There are guys here with much more experience

jj

Habosabin

Habosabin

I have used 5ml of 35% h202 per gallon with no ill effects. But I think the h202 will work on oxidizing the organic part of the nutes which seems counter productive. My current nutes have organic and I still get this spongey brown stuff that wants to grow inside my pump and around the tubes on the pump. Doesn't seem to bother the plant however but my next grow will not use organic compounds.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

3ml / gl of 3% h2o2 is a ratio I was told some time ago. I've used it on occasion with no ill effects. I've diluted 35% 1 ounce to 11 ounce tap as well to get the 3%

There are guys here with much more experience

jj
I think the point would be to amend the original article with some h2o2 concentrations specified. The article itself seems to be a reprint of another that did mention the levels.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I don't use H2O2 any more while growing, but I still use it to sterilize between runs. That said, I started the journey running a sterile res.

I find this is the way to go personally:

And get it to about 10PPM if ya got a problem. Works regardless what peroxide you have on hand, and no math in case you partake while mixing like I do :)

Top Bottom