advice on handwritten grow notebook

• Thread starter geemonty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

geemonty

I have been wanting to start a hand written grow diary. Not too sure how often I should log data and what data I should log etc to make it worth the effort. Anyone keep one and have some advice or maybe a template I can follow. I was planning on maybe taking some picture and doing a diary on the forums as well but would like a hard copy.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I have been wanting to start a hand written grow diary. Not too sure how often I should log data and what data I should log etc to make it worth the effort. Anyone keep one and have some advice or maybe a template I can follow. I was planning on maybe taking some picture and doing a diary on the forums as well but would like a hard copy.
If your area is illegal don't have anything on paper,they will contort it against you if someone rats you out,act like you are new and clueless. I got raided many years ago and I had strain names logged,black domina,widow,shisk, etc and the crown attempted to associate the names as allias of members of the Hells Angels in Montreal and implicate me in a conspiracy to carry 5 year sentence.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I use a calendar on the wall for things like water changes, nute additions, pop, veg, flip to flower times, things like that.

Then I use sensors with data logging capabilities to handle the rest.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I use a calendar on the wall for things like water changes, nute additions, pop, veg, flip to flower times, things like that.

Then I use sensors with data logging capabilities to handle the rest.
Mine was on a calender,strain name on date planted etc. You would not believe how corrupt the court system is until you're sucked into it and teh gloves are off,threats to remove your kid and put them in the system if you don't plea,it's a nightmare,the judges,prosecuter and your own attorney are all out to screw you.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I use a highly sophisticated method. I'm not sure if I can fully describe it in words, but I'll try: I write down the date, briefly describe how the plants look and what I did with them, if anything. Sometimes I go so far as to write down what I think I need to do in the next few days.

Data loggers for temp and RH are pretty reasonably priced, so I don't write that down.

I used to depend on ~another website~ to post grow reports with pics. That website is gone now, so about 12 years of grow reports instantly went bye-bye.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

there's phone apps - i.e. Jane - which you can keep diary and photos. however, i don't use such app because of concerns over the data it stores.

yeah, rule #1 in Law School 101: 'never put it in writing'.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
there's phone apps - i.e. Jane - which you can keep diary and photos. however, i don't use such app because of concerns over the data it stores.

yeah, rule #1 in Law School 101: 'never put it in writing'.
I use an old computer and I keep a separate word pad file on my desktop for area of grow, like Tent, Veg Closet, Flower Room, in each file I keep a list of each plant and what I do with her. & date...

file Tent
sub file Tangie99

May 27 Feed T1 & T2 5/5/15/1/5ml up
May 31 Week 5 flower...Feed T1 & T2 5/5/10/5/1/5ml up ( mls Micro/Grow/Bloom/ Kool Bloom/ Floralicious/ PHUP )
June 3, water T1 & T2 with Epsom Salts......ph...6.2........ppm 1085...a bit low get both up.

like that So I can look back when they're dry and see what I did last time.

I used to worry about keeping records but I'm thinking if we get busted and own up to it. Yes we were growing our meds above what we were allowed but only for our personal use. The courts today are not all that concerned with making an example out of people growing unless there are complaints or you draw heat to your home for other reasons and then they'll pack on charges.

We are seniors living in Canada so my paranoia isn't what it would be in if we were in some of the places in the world that still throw you in jail for possession & growing a life sentence. We're lucky I suppose

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom