advice on harvest/drying - dont think I can use grow tent

• Thread starter thedubside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thedubside

thedubside

I am just ending week 7, and can already tell my 3 plants will be ready at different times. 1 plant is looking way more ahead in particular. swollen and covered in frost. the largest one still has loads of big thick white pistils tho. it was the hairiest from the start but it still seems covered in white pistils compared to the other 2.

I was planning on drying in the grow tent. but now it looks like im going to chop 1 maybe 2 at same time and leave the big one growing longer.

since I dont have the tent now im unsure best way to dry. I have a wardrobe I could clear out but it's in the same room as the tent, and I have a window open for exhaust to flow out, I worry it might be a little too cold to do it in that room. if they all fin at the same time I would of just shut the window and had good conditions. humidity here seems to sit between 50 - 60, perfect for drying.

is it ok to just hang dry them in an open space, like literally hanging up in the living room, with a fan in the room? living room RH never goes below 50. or would it be better to buy another tent specifically just to dry them?

my kitchen is joined onto living room so when i cook the smell gets everywhere, not sure if that would be good for the buds if drying in same room?

any other ideas?

fractalflowers

fractalflowers

I would just make sure that the fan in the room isn't blowing directly on your hanging plants, you don't want to dry them out too quickly, it should typically at least take a week. avoid direct sunlight; some indirect light from household lamps or whatever will likely have negligible effects on the end product but UV light is def what you want to avoid. I use a fully dark room. around 60 degrees and 60% rH works nicely in my experience.

420.hydro

420.hydro

I am just ending week 7, and can already tell my 3 plants will be ready at different times. 1 plant is looking way more ahead in particular. swollen and covered in frost. the largest one still has loads of big thick white pistils tho. it was the hairiest from the start but it still seems covered in white pistils compared to the other 2.

I was planning on drying in the grow tent. but now it looks like im going to chop 1 maybe 2 at same time and leave the big one growing longer.

since I dont have the tent now im unsure best way to dry. I have a wardrobe I could clear out but it's in the same room as the tent, and I have a window open for exhaust to flow out, I worry it might be a little too cold to do it in that room. if they all fin at the same time I would of just shut the window and had good conditions. humidity here seems to sit between 50 - 60, perfect for drying.

is it ok to just hang dry them in an open space, like literally hanging up in the living room, with a fan in the room? living room RH never goes below 50. or would it be better to buy another tent specifically just to dry them?

my kitchen is joined onto living room so when i cook the smell gets everywhere, not sure if that would be good for the buds if drying in same room?

any other ideas?
maybe visit your local thrift/resale store and look for an armoire to convert to a drying cabinet...and it can double as a seedling starter too

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

any other ideas?
Given the choices you've mentioned I would use the wardrobe

Top Bottom