Advice on plant support for flowering.

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Girls are getting big (which is a good thing). I bought some bamboo stakes but have been reading that they can carry mildew. Any other options? I'm guessing I'm too late to go buy a trellis.
Advice on plant support for flowering

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Most garden stores sell steel stakes of various lengths that are covered in green plastic. You can wipe them down with disinfectant if you have a disease or pest.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Ive never heard of bamboo stakes causing problems. I would go with them if thats what you have.
Same here. I've just heard people SAY you can get pests from them.

I don't use them because the ones available to me are too short.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Thanks all. If using stakes, is the goal to support the whole plant or just big branches? Where do you place the stake?

zzzybil

zzzybil

idk why yuh couldn't spray ' m down with some bleach , soak'm good and let'm dry good ?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
most times as long as plants are healthy and feed right you won’t need anything, though i use a chain wrapped around the 4 poles of the tent, than any branches i need to spread out i’ll tie them to a link on the chain.
i’ll place the biggest plants in the corners for ease of tying and away from lights, in the first week of flowering roughly.
it also makes it easy to do work and feeding the plants..
i just hate trellis, stakes and all the crap, causes more problems than anything..

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Not all strains need stakes, of course. I have only one plant in my current grow that needs support. Some just can't hold up the weight of their buds, no matter what.

I usually put in two stakes. Decide the location based on the structure of the particular plant, and where it will be in the grow area. You may be attaching many branches to each stake, for branchy, floppy strains.

Top Bottom