Advice on young plants

• Thread starter Ganjee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganjee

Ganjee

These were seeded on January 21. Just over 2 weeks now.
Some are grown in happy frog. Some are grown in Pro Mix and using Ganja Grow Nutrients. Just been watering with about 6.4-6.5 ph. It almost looks like the leafs are starting to twist. Here is how my set up looks. Air intake bottom right and exhaust at the top. Humidity sits around 50
Image3

Image2
Image1

This here is a different plant grown in promix. I am using a brand called Ganja grow for vegetative stage. Using the reccommend 1ml per 1 L of water for the seedling stage. ph 6.4-6.5. Kind of looks to curling upwards here.

Image0

Nugg

Nugg

Seems a lot of new growers are using hot soil for seedlings and killing them..I mean that maybe why it's not growing..

Ganjee

Ganjee

Seems a lot of new growers are using hot soil for seedlings and killing them..I mean that maybe why it's not growing..
When you say "hot soil" what are you referring too. Is this soil that has to much nutrients and it kills the seedling?

At 2 weeks old should these be much bigger from seedlings?

Anthem

Anthem

Oh and if you want more than say a half zip per plant you better upgrade that light. Looks to be one of those Chinese BS ones!!!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

These were seeded on January 21. Just over 2 weeks now.
Some are grown in happy frog. Some are grown in Pro Mix and using Ganja Grow Nutrients. Just been watering with about 6.4-6.5 ph. It almost looks like the leafs are starting to twist. Here is how my set up looks. Air intake bottom right and exhaust at the top. Humidity sits around 50View attachment 938351
View attachment 938350View attachment 938352

This here is a different plant grown in promix. I am using a brand called Ganja grow for vegetative stage. Using the reccommend 1ml per 1 L of water for the seedling stage. ph 6.4-6.5. Kind of looks to curling upwards here.

View attachment 938353
Are you having the same issues in both the Pro mix and the Happy Frog?

Vagician

Vagician

ProMix is usually a pretty solid, safe product. What version of their soil are you using? Is that white fan blowing on the seedlings directly? Crispy leaves which are still green are pretty indicative of windburn. Nutrient toxicity usually involves a color change such as browning/yellowing on the tips as well as crispiness. That fan in the back pointing straight up should actually be plenty, so maybe not even use the white one yet. When they are bigger, you can have it sweep directly across the canopy.

What are your temp and humidity readings? And the wattage of the light?

Ganjee

Ganjee

Oh and if you want more than say a half zip per plant you better upgrade that light. Looks to be one of those Chinese BS ones!!!
Yeah, you are probably right. What do do you recommend. I might as well save up can get a decent light if I want to do grow some nice buds.
Are you having the same issues in both the Pro mix and the Happy Frog?
The pro mix I am using with the last picture. The one where the leafs are folding up But what Vagician said it might be because I have the white fan rotating and it blows directly on the little plants when it rotates.

The other ones are in the Happy Frog, they are just slightly twisting. Picture should shows the twist to the leaf from the side picture of plant
ProMix is usually a pretty solid, safe product. What version of their soil are you using? Is that white fan blowing on the seedlings directly? Crispy leaves which are still green are pretty indicative of windburn. Nutrient toxicity usually involves a color change such as browning/yellowing on the tips as well as crispiness. That fan in the back pointing straight up should actually be plenty, so maybe not even use the white one yet. When they are bigger, you can have it sweep directly across the canopy.

What are your temp and humidity readings? And the wattage of the light?
I am using HP version. I am not seeing any browning or yellowing yet. You may be right it may be from the windburn. I turned off the white will watch them for a few days and see. My temp goes down to 18 C lights off its around 22 with lights on. Humidity is always around 45-50. Thats with two humidifiers running. My actual house is like 30.
1500w light. I put link to it

This is the light I am using but I have the older version. It does not have the veg/bloom mode. The version I have said it was ok for veg/bloom. No option to switch between. I am thinking about getting a different light.

Anthem

Anthem

Bestva, I had an experience with those knuckleheads. They are not a sponsor so I can blast out the truth. So I had to dump my T5's that had 8 tubes. Too much heat and they eat power. So I had some luck with Mars for vegging plant, so I just went on the bid A and looked up the reviews. Well Bestva was number 1 with reviews. More on that later. I am at work and I get a text. My Bestva light has arrived. I think it was the 1000 watt unit at they called it. I look at the picture and I knew straight away something was wrong. Box is like 12" x 12". I got home the box really is like 12" x 12". I am like OK lets just try it. Plug it in and it is just not going to do the job, but I am going to give it a try. I started growing palm trees. Node spacing was increasing with every new set of leaf's. Plant was really trying to get to the light. Needless to say I returned the light. But here is the really bad part in my opinion. Someone form Bestva reaches out to me and tells me I can keep the light, they will return my money if I change my review to positive. I had already returned the light to A so I was like no way. Bestva reached out to me 2 more times. The last time I just forwarded the email to A. These Chinese LED light companies really are upsetting, they make fake websites placing their product at the top and they get fake reviews. They really do damage to the guy starting up learning to grow. How would you feel if someone told you you could get 3 pounds per light from one of these and everytime all you can get is maybe an oz of larf.
Real LED's are going to be the future of growing this herb. It just sucks for the people that get sucked into buying these POS lights.

Ganjee

Ganjee

Bestva, I had an experience with those knuckleheads. They are not a sponsor so I can blast out the truth. So I had to dump my T5's that had 8 tubes. Too much heat and they eat power. So I had some luck with Mars for vegging plant, so I just went on the bid A and looked up the reviews. Well Bestva was number 1 with reviews. More on that later. I am at work and I get a text. My Bestva light has arrived. I think it was the 1000 watt unit at they called it. I look at the picture and I knew straight away something was wrong. Box is like 12" x 12". I got home the box really is like 12" x 12". I am like OK lets just try it. Plug it in and it is just not going to do the job, but I am going to give it a try. I started growing palm trees. Node spacing was increasing with every new set of leaf's. Plant was really trying to get to the light. Needless to say I returned the light. But here is the really bad part in my opinion. Someone form Bestva reaches out to me and tells me I can keep the light, they will return my money if I change my review to positive. I had already returned the light to A so I was like no way. Bestva reached out to me 2 more times. The last time I just forwarded the email to A. These Chinese LED light companies really are upsetting, they make fake websites placing their product at the top and they get fake reviews. They really do damage to the guy starting up learning to grow. How would you feel if someone told you you could get 3 pounds per light from one of these and everytime all you can get is maybe an oz of larf.
Real LED's are going to be the future of growing this herb. It just sucks for the people that get sucked into buying these POS lights.
Wow, I am steering clear away from all these low end led amazon lights. If I go LED I will invest in something much better. I am actually currently looking at getting something different for sure. Not sure if I want to go with MH or a high end LED led. Have you found a good led light you been using?

Matthewstever

Matthewstever

If I had money, I'd get the newest quantum LEDs...tailor the spectrum to easily switch from veg to bloom...
No matter what you end up with, try to shoot for 35-50watts per square foot of canopy space....minimum...and if you cant get dual veg/bloom, go for the best bloom spectrum you can get...3500k color...
Just my 2 cents and a little wishing...

Ganjee

Ganjee

So I bought a 315W MH kit made by sun system. I am using a 315 W full spectrum phillips bulb. I currently have the ballast set to 50%. How high should I keep the light from the top of the plants. I know with MH my tent temps will be higher.

Setup
Ganjee

Ganjee

Update Week 3 of Veg For all plants(Autoflowers pineapple express & blackberry)
-Lights off Temp drops to 17C lights on 20-22
-Humidity stays around 45-50
-Right four plants watered with tap water that has sat for over 24hours. 8.0 ph 190ppm

-Left two plants are promix hp watered at 5.9ph after adding 2ml/ L of nutes of the above picture GanjaGrow.

Right 4 Plants (middle 2 are few days longer then right 2)
-All Happy Frog soil I just top coated today with some Fox Farm ocean forest I also have.
- last water run off was 5.5pH 390ppm.

Left 2 Plants
-Promix hp run off was 5.9 pH 420ppm

How is everything looking so far. For some reason my top right plant is looking the best out of them all. I am trying to Low stress train it to the side, but I think I need to let it grow some more.

I want to transplant the bottom middle. I have Ocean forest & happy frog. Or Promix HP. I was thinking transplanting into a 50/50 OF/HP mix?

THCMonster

THCMonster

The only downside i see with those nutrients is that all your micro nutrients are in 1 part, and that 1 part is what you need the most for veg!

I run 315 cmh and 630 cmh, you want the light closer, my clones in solo cups are 18" away from my 315cmh and they are at 100%

You have to imagine, a t5 8bulb fixture puts out 450w now the intensity of that light is no where the same, but as long as the top of your plants canopy is ideal temp then you can get the 315 much closer! There gonna want to stretch if you dont have it close enough, plus your spreading out the light if its higher, instead of concentrating that light when its closer, my plant go from clones in the dome at 50% to solo cups at 100%, then once i transplant them into the 1gal pots they go over to my 630w and my plants grow to 4ft in 4-5 weeks, they end in flower at 6+ft

The plants are looking pretty lime green to me, but it could just ne the strain!

In happy frog you shouldnt be giving it any liquid fertilizer until it needs it!

You will just be overloading your plants if so, but since pro-mix is a neutral medium, then you have to use liquid fertilizer.

Your plants would really green up better in the promix if you just put a small amount of earthworm casting on the top of the soil, or you could do a worm casting tea, but they will become a darker shade of green if so... They look under fed of nitrogen to me!

See how my clone i pulled out is a darker green
20200212 162254

You want your plants to be that shade of green or otherwise if they are a more lime green color then they need more nitrogen

Ganjee

Ganjee

What nutrients do you use? I might pick up some Gaia Green Worm Castings. Also what is your go to soil or do you mix your own?

Yes I also think it might be the lighting of the picture. I noticed the promix was especially limer green. I was only doing 1ml/L for first 3 weeks. I just watered on Wednesday and did 2ml/L so the extra nitrogen might help make them darker green.

How do you know when happy frog should start getting liquid nutes. I guess whenever you see any signs of a deficiency?

Top Bottom