Advice pls: Kit and seeds are in - sourcing coco and nutrients now:

• Thread starter Staypuffed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Staypuffed

Staypuffed

Hi guys. I'm hoping I can get some advise from those who are tuned in with the ways of the coco. My setup is as follows:

5' x 5' x 7.75' tent
2x HLG 320x XLs to give a decent 5x5 flower footprint (though I have the fabric pots setup for 4x4) with timer
8" exhaust fan with 8" carbon filter and a speed controller attached to this
I've got over 30 seeds from Mephisto genetics to go wild with and screw up and learn with and just have a good time while providing some medical relief for my wife so she has to rely less on pills.

That leaves me with sourcing coco and nutrients as well. Due to shipping I went to looking local and found that I have Rootless Organics Coco and Royal Gold coco to choose from. It seems those are two decent brands, does that remain true today?

I was planning to pickup canna coco part A/B, along with some calmag and pH up/down. I am planning on picking up a Bluelab pH pen at the same time. Does that sound good? Should I drop something or add something to that lineup?

My plan was just to start the seed in the coco, is something else advisable?

Thanks for the assistance.

Forgot to mention, this is for growing autos.

Last edited:
Enforcer

Enforcer

You’re going to need a TDS (total dissolved solids) meter to read the ppm of your nutrient solution. I have the Blue Lab Truncheon. Great meter but a little spendy.

Staypuffed

Staypuffed

How much should I grab in regards to nutrients? 1L of calmag and canna a/b each? or more. 4 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
How much should I grab in regards to nutrients? 1L of calmag and canna a/b each? or more. 4 plants in 5 gallon fabric pots
Yes a lt bottles should do you to start I would add some perlite to the coco if it doesn’t already have it in the mix . And try to creat a air gap under your pots / bags dryer roots warmer roots better drainage healthier plant . Regards OD .

Staypuffed

Staypuffed

Ive got perlite. I ended up picking up canna coco bricks from amazon. None of the local hydro stores are taking walkins and want you to order online.. shipping for bags was like 60$ so I just took business to amazon sadly.

So perlite will be mixed with the coco once rehydrated. I keep reading 70/30 is the magic ratio. That's what I'll look to achieve. I went ahead and ordered 1L of calmag and 1L of canna parta/b each as well, so glad you confirm that is good to start with. I can order more of those at a decent cost with advance notice.

My plan for the pots is to slightly raise them and have runoff run down to slanted corrugated platform below so it drains in to an easy to empty basin.

Thanks for the info/reminders. I feel like I've researched what to do for months now. I just need for the rest of the supplies to finally get in.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ive got perlite. I ended up picking up canna coco bricks from amazon. None of the local hydro stores are taking walkins and want you to order online.. shipping for bags was like 60$ so I just took business to amazon sadly.

So perlite will be mixed with the coco once rehydrated. I keep reading 70/30 is the magic ratio. That's what I'll look to achieve. I went ahead and ordered 1L of calmag and 1L of canna parta/b each as well, so glad you confirm that is good to start with. I can order more of those at a decent cost with advance notice.

My plan for the pots is to slightly raise them and have runoff run down to slanted corrugated platform below so it drains in to an easy to empty basin.

Thanks for the info/reminders. I feel like I've researched what to do for months now. I just need for the rest of the supplies to finally get in.
Good now grow and be free ...

Top Bottom