Advise needed with flushing and nutes.

• Thread starter xsmokeyx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xsmokeyx

Hi there everyone, i would like to get some advise about flushing and feeding. Here is my Problem (question) It might sound dumb, but i'm new to this. I water my plant with nutes in the water and its ph'ing ant 6.6.( the feeding water that is) For the first time i decided to check the run off water that drains out of the bottom of the pots after a watering and the ph was at 5.6. Is this due to the fact that the pots need to be flushed every now and again. Is this due to nute build up in the soil,and changing the ph level at exit.
My question is how regularly do i need to flush my pots, and if i do flush them does the flushing water need to be ph'd, and what is the reason the exiting water ph is lower than when it entered th top of the pot.
And does this mean my plants are actully drinking water at 5.6.

K

krunchbubble

Premium Member
Supporter
its due to nutrient buildup. if you use drip clean by house and garden, you will never need to flush. it creates an ionic bond with the salts making it impossible to build up in your medium. its cheap and you use very little

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I to grow in soil and have had great sucess in this cycle of feeding and flushing....Nutes,Nutes,Flush,Nutes,Nutes,Flush...etc

X

xsmokeyx

if i cant get my hand on that product , do i still need to flush, in other words is it important to flush

D

darookie2000

if i cant get my hand on that product , do i still need to flush, in other words is it important to flush

You should flush even if you get Drip Clean. If you have buildup, you want to get it out, I used clearex for this, but it probably could have been achieved with water, I just wanted to be sure. After I used clearex for that flush, I started using Drip Clean to prevent future buildup.

J

JohnN

Hi everyone,

I am also very new at this. So let me get this straight, you have to take a reading of the plants AFTER you give them nutes and ANOTHER reading of the water coming out of the bottom of the container? I'm doing guerilla outdoor growing so I have to haul many, many gallons of water to the site. I water the plants thoroughly but not enough to have a flow of water coming out of the container. Am I doing something wrong? Some of my girls are 6 feet tall while others are 5 and 3 feet tall. I don't want to be doing something that will diminish yield later. Thanks.

Top Bottom