Advise on this crazy system I made? So far so good but would love to make it better

• Thread starter Dialitin420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dialitin420

Any advise on how to improve my crazy machine. Things I come up with. So far it's working awesome but I'm trying to design the ultamit system. Can explain the features I have put into it and am just trying to think of anything else.

Advise on this crazy system i made  so far so good but would love to make it better
Advise on this crazy system i made  so far so good but would love to make it better 2
Advise on this crazy system i made  so far so good but would love to make it better 3
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Looks good looks sort of like mine except I don't use PVC it's way too expensive in my opinion and those fence posts rot in UV after a few years of solid growing they turn brittle and crack. But other than that looks good. I assume you're using NFT with drip lines? Also I hate those spike drippers, they always clog easily. I try to keep all my water outlets as low as possible and out of the light, as well.

D

Dialitin420

Cool cool. I tried different dripper heads and these were the easiest to adjust and I like looking in and making sure they are all working through the window. Yes, I am running nft with a 2" adjustable PVC drain. I can raise the level and lower it depending on where the roots are at by cut PVC pieces that fit into the bulkhead. Was thinking about halo drippers. Are they any good? Kinda expensive at $9 and up each and I'd need 20. My 8 foot 2 rail system has 14 pots and my 4 foot system 2 rail system has 6 pots.

D

Dialitin420

The spike drippers I'm not using the way they are designed. I have the feed tubes not all the way in so the water doesn't go down the channel it drips from the top down and splashes down in the beeds. Definitely won't clog

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Obviously you know how to grow. I never have tried nft, might one day out door, but I imagine it will be full of water, instead of the small stream they usually do.

As to your system, im assuming you run a chiller and use peroxide or h202? Regardless id be painting it all black. The standard white pvc leaks light through it and promotes root rot. Same goes with light blasting through netpots early on. None of this matters as much if your transplanting with a decent canopy that covers it all. Yet preventing light from entering anywhere is one of my main focuses, that and unnecessary drilling. The black tubing for your return line overtime will have a biofilm buildup on the inside, regardless of light, seems they like rubber tubing. I only mention it to as to root matter and perhaps a pebble could get down in there and clog everything. Other than that it looks good man, your drip setup is interesting, but ive never done drip so they are all interesting.

I see this treating you very well, looks pretty diverse. Im sure you could easily turn it into a rdwc if you ever wanted to try it, or even aero. . . Im assuming those are 6 inch netpots, so the tubing is what 7x7? As long as you keep your veg times down I wouldnt think you would have an issue with roots clogging the return lines. Mine can easily get over 2ft long.

But yea, glad to see people putting in the work to see what best fits them. Im on my 4th system now lol. . I enjoy it though so thats all that matters. Learning will occor

D

Dialitin420

Yes, it's doing amazing!!! Got my drip worked out and the nft works perfectly. Roots are so thick and white that I can't even pull the net pots out waiting for my new larger system clones to get a little bigger. Maybe 2 weeks till taking clones and flower. Thinking about switching from flora to maxi. People seem to get the same results for cheaper and easier thanks for taking the time with all your great advise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom