Aeroponics- Am I doing something wrong?

• Thread starter MediMary
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

Hybrid Aero/Dwc/Flood & Drain System, What do you guys think, Am I doing it wrong?

127020d1296156195-e-ballast-poll-52jxmsqrqo.jpg.att

8vl32tghk9

:giggle

M

MediMary

The misters are supposed to spray directly on the foliage right?
Am I missing something?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Um.... could be. Crappity-crap! Poor thing (you, too).

M

MediMary

Ahh GOD,

See I was trying to combine DWC and aeroponics into one slick system:D

Thats no bueno huh, I didnt have a water chiller for my last run, so I thought If I run the room extra cold it would be good for the plants(more disolved oxygen?!)
I didn't want to get root rot or anything from the water being to warm.:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is the water still flowing in that picture? On the left, I swear, it looks like you've got a waterfall happening in there.

Yes, I can state unequivocally you're watering your plants too much! :giggle

M

MediMary

I was under the impression waterfalls are good things, trying to maximize my DO levels:)

Maybe Ill start draining it once a day, kinda a combination of ebb & flow, dwc and aero:)

M

Mr. Greenthum

Take them down they look like they r way done u screwed up!

M

Mr. Greenthum

Thats a dirt plant u cant keep it soaked!!! U WILL GET ROOT ROT

M

MediMary

Dude your crazy, my plants are looking way Epic, you needed to know what week of flowering they were to tell me that?:evilgrin0040:

I got to say I am a little concerned, my humidity has been kinda high( 98%) so I am worried I mite get powdery mildew. I saw where thecannablog had to scrap his plants cause of PM and he is a master grower, so Im guessing if it hits me ill probably be screwed!

Do you guys think humidity of 98% is to high?

M

Mr. Greenthum

I wanted to know ur flowering stage because if there are a certain amount of trichomes that are milky translucent looking then its ready but then i took my post down because its a waste of time to tell u whats wrong with ur plant anyone can see this..

M

Mr. Greenthum

the cannabis plant came from the arid mountains of ASIA not the RAIN FOREST! this is a good grow room if ur trying to to grow a tropical plant.:evilgrin0040:

M

MediMary

Shit happens then you die - so laugh it up while your high.

*I think thats an original, lol*

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

The misters are supposed to spray directly on the foliage right?
Am I missing something?

First off I would suggest doing some serious research into growing methods. You seemed to have confused methods somewhere. Aeroponic growing is not about misting the foliage, its about misting the roots. There is no way to combine DWC and aeroponics. What a proper aeroponic system is is a system that allows the root system to be exposed to air while staying moist and taking up the nutrients from the mist directed at the roots. In fact once in flowering you want to keep your foliage as dry as possible, or yes, you will see mold.

You may not be seeing mold because it is far to cold for it to grow. Your cold temperatures are definitely hurting your plant. While you do not want your water to be too warm you also do not want it to be too cold. Cold water does not mean more dissolved oxygen. You want to keep the room temperature around 75 degrees Fahrenheit and the water between 65 and 70 degrees. And get your humidity down, 98% is far too high, I am surprised its not raining in there with a humidity that high.

This is obviously a first attempt and you should use this as a learning experience more than anything. So like I said do a lot more reading and research, keep trying methods to find what works best for you and your plants, and you will eventually have good results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom