Afghan Kush! My Second Run :d

• Thread starter Bashar Assad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

After my first very successful grow of two star ryders I've already started up my second grow! I took a lot of notes during my first grow and made a lot of changes to the set up in my veg/bloom tent. This grow is for sure going to be just amazing, I k! So let's see what this grow entails!

The strain I will be growing is Afghan Kush. I bought a 7 pack of seeds from World Of Seeds so I could run another grow after this one. I'll be doing 4 plants this run as opposed to the two plants I did the first time. Now lets go on to my set up for these ladies!

The seedling area consists of a maylar lined 2' x 3' closet with a humidifier, heating mat, tray to hold the rapid rooters and 2 x 20w T8's (5500k, 800 lumens each) situated 2.5" above the seedlings.

My tent for veg is set up as follows....

Growing Space
2'x4'x5' maylar lined tent w/four 6" ports

Lighting
4 x 105w cfl's (5500k, 7000 lumens)
3 x 85w cfl's (5500k, 6000 lumens)
4 x 55w cfl's (2700k, 3600 lumens)
300w (160w drawn) LED (6 band, ir, uv, 12000 lumens)

Air circulation
4" exhaust fan w/carbon scrubber
5000btu AC intake
12" oscillating fan
8" fan

When the plants bloom I'll be using the same set up with the following changes...

Lighting
8 x 55w cfl's (2700k, 3600 lumens)
3 x 65w cfl's (2700k, 4300 lumens)
4 x 26w cfl's (2700k, 1800 lumens)
300w LRD panel

Next I'll go over my hydroponic system (reservoir and irrigation)

Reservoir
25L rubbermaid tote

Oxygenation
100 gallon dual out let air pump w/two 1" x 4" air stones
8lpm dual out let air pump /two 0.5" x 4" air stones

Monitoring
Hanna Grochek continuous pH/TDS/ppm/temp meter

Cooling
25L water chiller fed by 300lph water pump

Irrigation system

A 450GPH pump sends water from the reservoir to the tent where it is split into four lines via a manifold. Four 1/4" lines take water to each 5" net basket held in a 12" x 18" x 24" tote. The lines are then coupled on to a 1/4" soaker tube which is coiled around the basket under hydroton rocks. The end of each soaker tube is connected to a valve which can add or reduce pressure. The water is returned via 200gph pump.

Finally I'll quickly list the nutrients and additives I'll be using.....

Veg
Sensi grow A & B
B 52
Voodo juice
Dutch master silica gold
Hygrozine
Golden Goddess fulvic acid

Bloom
Sensi bloom A & B
Bud Blood
Bud ignitor
Piranha juice
Tarantula
carboload
dutch master gold silica
Hammerhead
Big bud
Hygrozine
Golden Goddess fulvic acid
B 52
Bud Candy

Flush
Flawless Finish

So that's about it for my set up. Now on to the journal part.

On october 31 I placed 4 seeds into rapid rooters and placed them in a humidity dome in a dark closet. After 3 days all of the seeds had pop'd and the seedlings were moved into the seedling closet. So far they have their first set of leaves along with 2 sets of true leaves. They're pretty healthy and happy looking so far. They're on a 24/0 light cycle and get watered twice a day with tap water. I'll post pics up tomorrow :)

Hope to get some people to sub this thread! I'll be posting updates often!

H

happy b

Im no expert in grow room design,hydroponics or nutrients (you seem to have done your research anyway)but i tell you what i do know...you should enjoy the WOS afghan kush.i ran em years ago wen wos first started and they were excellent.solid nugs of hashy tasting goodness.not the best yeild in the world but decent enough.easy to grow aswell.
i look forward to seeing how they turn out.

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

20151110 215542
20151110 215551
Awesome! Glad to get some replies already :D I'll post some pics of what the seedlings look like and the veg tent. And yea I've done a lot of research into growing, ive read quite a few books and on line teks and browsed many forums. I read about how to grow and everything for about 4 months. Everyday I'd read for around 8 hours on growing and hydroponics. Then after 4 months I built my tent and irrigation system and then after that was done I started my first grow. All of that reading really did help tho, I had no major problems and my stuff came out amazingly nice, everyone who's tried it said they really liked the taste', 'smell, ''how it burned as well as the high. My friends that grow said they're really surprised at how well I did on my first grow and said I have talent and skill and should for sure do this and hone my skills. That's what I'm planning to do! I also really love doing this and get a lot of happiness and positive feelings from growing which is the main reason I'm doing this; it really helps with my depression. Best part is the weed helps with the depression too.

H

happy b

View attachment 549159 View attachment 549160 Awesome! Glad to get some replies already :D I'll post some pics of what the seedlings look like and the veg tent. And yea I've done a lot of research into growing, ive read quite a few books and on line teks and browsed many forums. I read about how to grow and everything for about 4 months. Everyday I'd read for around 8 hours on growing and hydroponics. Then after 4 months I built my tent and irrigation system and then after that was done I started my first grow. All of that reading really did help tho, I had no major problems and my stuff came out amazingly nice, everyone who's tried it said they really liked the taste', 'smell, ''how it burned as well as the high. My friends that grow said they're really surprised at how well I did on my first grow and said I have talent and skill and should for sure do this and hone my skills. That's what I'm planning to do! I also really love doing this and get a lot of happiness and positive feelings from growing which is the main reason I'm doing this; it really helps with my depression. Best part is the weed helps with the depression too.
Putting in alot of time doin research before you even is a great way to learn but often there will be terms you wont understand UNTIL youv done a grow.the learning curve never stops.
the fact you have put in a good bit of effort already will make people more inclined to help.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Glad you did the reading first. I didn't....its deffo better to know something than nothing. Mind u saying that...I can read how to build a cabinet but that don't make me no carpenter lol. Sometimes it's hands on experience that counts and you will gain that cause it sounds like your here to stay which is great.

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Thanks all for the replies. You guys are for sure right about the difference between reading or researching on how to grow and build a tent and actually doing it. I experienced that on my first grow; I killed my first three tries at poping seedlings and getting them to the tent before I finally got the hang oF it. But i kept changing what was wrong with my set up until i successfully germinated 2 plants and put them in the veg tent. Luckily for me I had spent about a month setting up the tent and tweaking it to get as close as i could to ideal conditions before putting any plants on there so the transition wasn't so tricky.

Mind you I didn't just stop there during the whole last grow I changed my set up and tweaked different aspects of it to optimize my grow. What I started out with and what I finished with set up wise were totally different in every way. I don't like just settling for something and saying okay this works I'll just watch em grow; I'm more of a how can I change something in a way that will be for the better.

This is my second grow btw, I just finish doing two star ryders from dutch passion :D and the end result was awesome! All my friends who I gave a bit to said it was really nice stuff. They said the smell and taste was was very very pleasing and the high it gave was really awesome as it was very relaxing and chilled out with no anxiety or couchlocking. I tried to get the plants to be some what like that by harvesting when the tricombes started to go more amber and when a lot of the pistils had become brownish. From what I've read waiting to harvest until the plants are like that will cause there to be more cbn in them as more of the thc changes into it which gives an anoxylic effect.

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Okay now on the the point of this thread...... the new grow!

So as of today after 9 days of growing after popping, they all are starting to get thier 3rd set of true leaves! Also thier roots are starting to emerge from the bottoms and sides of the rapid rooters. Pretty soon it's gonna be transplant time! I'm just getting the tent to exactly how I want it for when they move it :)

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Screenshot 2015 11 13 12 25 32
This is a bud shot of my first grow. isn't it fantastic the first time you smoke your own grown weed. This was AK 47. It didn't let me down and went thru hell but produced over 20 oz on 5 plants. I mean honestly I put em thru every hell you could imagine. Deffo a strain I would recommend as I swear you cannot kill it lol. Iv pulled up a chair for this grow.

Bashar Assad

Bashar Assad

Sorry for the wait in updates times, ive been super busy and haven't had the time ad of late. But me being the insomniac I am, is wide awake at 6am and working on my tent!

So it was a big night tonight! Finished tweaking the final set up of my veg tent, and I managed to end up with something I really like. Temps hold at 76Ā°F and RH is approx 45% with lights on and 5 degrees colder with them off.

Final set up for the lighting is....

8x 105w 5500k 700 lumens cfl's

Decided just to go the cfl route for vegging and see how the grow goes.

So the seedlings have just been x planted and in 10mins they'll be getting thier first drink of nutrient water!

As for nutrients I'm using...

AN sensi grow A & B
AN b52
AN golden goddess
AN voodoo juice
dutch master silica gold
Hygrozine

All the nutrients I did at a quarter strength of suggested amount per liter. The final ppm is 150 and the pH is 6.18.

I'll have pics up soon!

Latest posts

Top Bottom