Afghan/Skunk x Afghan/Haze

• Thread starter 7rayos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

7rayos

Just received a pack from the last auction. I wanted to try some crosses with it, thinking it was a not too long flowering, save for haze phenos, but the few info i've found on it talks of a 100 days into flower and counting. Not that i mind waiting for the plants themselves, given the quality, but then i have to choose again what to cross it with before trying. If i get an identifiable good dad, I'm lucky that i have access to many different clones of well selected strains from good growers across Spain, so any ideas welcome. Any chance of someone who tried this and tell me what to expect? Thanx

H

Hazeseeker

Hi Rayos,
I had the chance to test grow this Hybrid at the end of the Summer last year, grew 3 plants resulting in 3 different Phenos, 1 which finished on day 66 (plenty of Amber trichs at this stage), quite a stretchy pheno (all 3 were tall growers) so be prepared for that, massive stacked calyxs, hardly any leaves, dream to manicure, the most resin i've ever seen on any plant was on this pheno man, had a aged spice, antique wood type smell, tasted like spicy haze (after a nice cure you could pick up a velvet chocolate taste in the background), that pheno is 100% winner through and through, keep an eye out for that 1

the next pheno looked and grew like a pure sativa, i think this 1 must of been an expression of 1 of the Haze parent from the parents of this Hybrid, main cola dominant growth but a very wide, large cola, weak side branching on this pheno and it's possible you may need to stake either the main cola, side branches or both in the second half of flowering, the trichs on the live plant had an electric lime haze smell, it's just 1 of those smells when you encounter it you know it's something special, in a way it resembled and reminded me of a certain NL#5xHaze (hazier pheno), tasted like it smelled - electric lime haze, marching weed, no need for sleep cause it won't allow you to sleep..lol, really good stuff, had to pull this pheno around day 80 due to Christmas and had to take the grow room down, to get the full potential this 1 would of need to go approx 100 days, it really was that hazy/sativa, could of/should of/would of been a winner had i been able to take it to the 100

the last pheno was another winner, heavy feeder, another tall growing pheno, real stinker when growing so be prepared for that heavy, thick afghan fuel aroma, definately the strongest smelling plant out of the 3, i took this 1 to practically full amber going to day 82 IIRC, huge calyxs on the live plant, some were practically the size of malteezers (not joking either), awesome bag apeal, tasted like it smelled - heavy, thick afghan fuel taste and also had enough of the haze qualities in there, it gave you the best of both worlds - heavy body stone with the uplifting haze qualities, a bit like certain SSH phenos

enjoy this Old World Hybrid dude, it's definately 1 of my favourites out there that i've had the pleasure of growing and smoking, much respect to Shanti for releasing it, true treasure 'erb

peace
Hazeseeker

7rayos

Hazeseeker, that's a quality answer, thanx a lot. It'd be very nice to get all three phenos, but something like the first sounds very versatile, specially because of the leaf ratio as i'm the laziest gardener in the world for manicuring. As for pheno two, smokingwise anything that takes longer than 100 days is almost a guaranteed proof of smoking excellence, larches excluded.
Although i'll start them inside and make the vegetative with lights and will keep the cuts in there, the flowering will be outside under the southern spanish winter sun. No bugs, 20-23º, cool nights but never freeze, it also gives beautiful colours. They can grow all they want.
I was spoiled for choice here when trying to decide what to get from all those superior strains on offer in the auctions, then Shantibaba's appeared bullying everyone's lunch menu with his T-bones. Had to try this. I've grown before some afghanis, skunks and hazes with acceptable results, so this strain sounded like tailor designed for a not too subtle grower such as i. I'm also growing some thunkers from Sam Sk, old school fits me fine.
Have to say that your detailed answer is worth about sixty entries in most forums, i feel like i owe you cash, he. Thanks for your patience, all the best

H

Hazeseeker

Hi Rayos,
looking forward to seeing some of your pics down the line, seen some amazing pics just last week from another grower who's running this hybrid Outdoors, really does look like a great performer both Indoors and Out, here's a couple of pics of that 3rd pheno i mentioned, these are the only 2 pics i have on my Computer at the minute but if you want i can get some more of my pics of the other phenos and this 1 from the Mr Nice Forum to show you if you like?

peace
3284311005000 00191

3284311005000 0021 med

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I love the look of that plant.

You didnt keep cuts did you?

H

Hazeseeker

Hiya Herb,
never kept any cuts but i wish i did tho man, really was an amazing smoke, i wish i had it back in the garden, would love to run this Hybrid again sometime

peace
Hazeseeker

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Well I got me a phat bag o beans to play with.

This is next on my mns hit list. Once the MSsxHK are selected, it afhzxafsk a go go! And winners will be passed on.

H

Hazeseeker

Well I got me a phat bag o beans to play with.

This is next on my mns hit list. Once the MSsxHK are selected, it afhzxafsk a go go! And winners will be passed on.

Sweet man, i'll definately keep an eye out for your grow diary, loved everything about this hybrid, special taste and high

peace
Hazeseeker

7rayos

Hello there. Those photos are front cover catalogue, HS, I've been watching and reading all that info and then looking at these i feel like dizzy, maybe is so good it gets you high on just lookin'.
Cuts from mine will also rule, but in Spain, i just hope to find a couple of good phenos. Along with a male, as i'd like to try crossing them, but still am to tender in knowledge for making something worthy. Just now i've got several good plants growing outdoors, it's a pity i cannot use a couple of branches to make experiments.
The clima here in the south allows me to grow well into december, even longer if there's a good winter as freezing temps are very rare, so i don't mind either pheno, but what you number as 1 with its 66 days would give a good start for trying to acclimate them in the north of Spain too, as nothing that goes beyond mid october is worth to plant outdoors there.
Anyway, photos are still a long shot to be worth of showing, so far i've still got to sow the seeds, but will look at yours as a model to follow, half that nice is enough for my standards. Thanx for sharing that, HzS

F

FUQ

Yeah Haze your inspiring me to check out some of that Afghan Skunk Afghan haze

Latest posts

Top Bottom