Afghani #1 - Sensi Seedbank

• Thread starter Nog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nog

Sensi says it has 5% sativa in it, they don't say if it's a landrace Afghani sativa or they have put a bit of Skunk in it.

Plant grows with a thick stem, you can tell it's a landrace type as it has that sort of hardy look about it.
Leaves are not as wide as you would think, the biggest fan leaves get reasonably wide but they taper to a long point rather than being more rounded at the end.
The serrations on the leaves are big and really jagged, not rounded serrations like a lot of plants.

I grew these one's untopped, and they got a big centre cola and big buds on the toppermost branches.
As you got down the plant the buds got smaller, but I think outdoors you could get decent size and quality from the lower buds as well, because they would get full light outdoors on them.

The buds are chunky, and fairly dense.

The most indica pheno got the thickest buds, a bit thinner than a coke can.
On this one you don't get much noticeable crystals until it starts to ripen, and then the crystalls are fairly fine, and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of them, I mean the buds don't shine with them.
By the way indoors you need to give it 15 hours of dark a day to get it to finish.

The dried buds are chunky, and look brownish as this plant has a lot of hairs on the buds, and when they dry they turn brown.
It has little smell when dried, what smell there is is sort of an earthy natural smell, not a "hydro" type smell.
Smells a bit more when you cut it up to smoke it, but still not much smell.

A smooth smoke smoked in a joint, didn't make me cough.
Not the slightest bit chlorophyl tasting even though it was dried but not cured.

High: The last stuff I grew was Chimera's C+, (California Orange x Blueberry), and I found it gave me racing thoughts till it wore off a bit, so I wanted something more chilled so that's why I went for Afghani #1.
The high on this Afghani #1 is a chilled stone, it makes your body feel relaxed, and you don't have racing thoughts, and your mind feels relaxed but alert at the same time.
It's a chilled enough smoke so you could just sit back and lazily watch television, but is not coughlock, at least in the small amount of it I smoked, to keep you glued to the couch, you could go and have a leisurely stroll around the garden looking at the plants instead.

I think this would be a perfect smoke for outdoor festivals and concerts, to have a smoke of it and then to sit on the grass and chill out, being relaxed but not sleepy and still mentally alert in a chilled out sort of way.

Cons: This would not be a perfect commercial strain as a lot of buyers judge weed on it's smell, and they think the stronger it smell the better the weed will be, and this weed has little smell.
I mean once people smoked it they would come back for more of it, but if you are selling in competition with someone who has stinky weed they will probably buy off them first, all things being equal such as sizes.

But this is one I'm keeping around, as I like it for myself, and old time smokers like it too.

Top Bottom