African-american Man Stopped By Michigan Cop For Walking With His Hands In His Pockets

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Let me preface this by saying the majority of encounters with michigan COUNTY police have been similar attitudes, with that said, ive found the michigan STATE police and local CITY police are far easier to deal with. County cops in michigan i don't know what the fuck there problem is or where they think there authority comes from.. But.. Fuck county cops!
( With the exception of Detroit PD, THERE FUCKING ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!! )

With that said, Heres the redonky story.

November 29, 2014 |

An African-American man, out for a walk on a cold Michigan day, was stopped by police after a caller reported that he looked suspicious because he had his hands in his pockets.

Brandon B. Waxx McKean posted video on his Facebook page showing his encounter with a police officer who briefly detained him on Thanksgiving day while he was out for a stroll.

In the video the officer can be seen radioing in, asking dispatch to close out a contact file, before explaining to McKean that he was stopped because he was “making people nervous.”

“Well, you were making people nervous,” the officer explained as he took out his own cellphone and began filming the encounter.

“By walking by?” McKean asked.

“Yeah they said you had your hands in your pockets,” the officer replied.

“Wow,” McKean said. “Walking by, having your hands in your pockets makes people nervous and call the police when it’s snowing outside?” to which the officer admits, “It is.”

Asked by the officer, “What are you up to today?” McKean replied, “Walking, with my hands in my pockets. Walking.”

“Is it an inconvenience talking to me right now?” the officer asked.

“Hell yes. Just because of the whole police situation going on across the country,” an animated McKean replied. “This is outrageous that you would let somebody tell you ‘Oh, there’s somebody walking down the street with their hands in their pockets.’ There’s ten thousand people in Pontiac right now with their hands in their pockets, so how many —”

The police officer agreed saying, “That’s right, but we do have a lot of robberies, so I’m just checking on you. You’re fine, you’re good.”

McKean pointed out that both he and the officer were both being “respectable” — at which point the officer high-fives him — before adding, “I’m really mad at the situation, whoever called. That’s crazy.”

The officer replied that he had to check it out, adding that he would do the same thing if McKean had called.

McKean can be heard saying, “For sure, but I never called–” as the video ends.

Watch the video below, uploaded to YouTube by Brandon McKean:

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Yup a County Cop, They are the left overs that could not make it as a State Cop..

Jenny420

Jenny420

Keep in mind that a lot of news these days is drummed up, fabricated, or possibly just flat out lies. Notice the agenda behind some "news reports". Some create racial tension, others create a hatred for guns, while others either piss you off or just scare the shit out of you.
Why is it that the same lady was used in three different news reports as a "witness to a shooting" in three different states? Are we supposed to believe that she has such bad luck that she saw three actual shootings? Hardly. The funny thing is she used three different names. Each time she got in front of the news camera she had a different name. Same voice, same mannerisms, slightly different hairstyle, same wireframe glasses… Same woman, three different names.
When you watch the news or just television in general be prepared to take it with a grain of salt. Even "W" Bush has admitted on camera that "they" use "manufactured news" to push their agendas on "The unsuspecting public".
Try not to let your mind get tangled up in it.
Peace, Jen

P

Pot Boy

Who has the most to gain from the recent reports of racism? If you answer that question with total honesty you will see why the media continues to spew that bullshit they are the ones making money off that shit...Truly sad!

The number one killer of a young black male is another black male in America... Why is that not news?
Cuz it does not have the two things that make it a race issue...

When was the last time you remember a white cop shooting a unarmed black kid? Didn't think so! The kid just robed a store did not do what the cop told him to do. How does one get shot in the hand? By reaching for the gun!

BOT
Now I can see why the guy is pissed I would be too. Until the day we all just say we are one race HUMAN this crap will continue too fuel the fire ...

symbiote420

symbiote420

Racism is a fuckin' joke, the whole racism farce is nothing more than a tool used to distract us all from truly uniting and putting an end to our true enemy! THE DEVIL.... or whatever you wanna call him.
Blacks have been robbed of their position in the grande scheme of things, we were the 1st to build ships, map the planets and the stars, build pyramids/cities/schools, preform open heart surgeries, forge precious metals like iron & gold, mummification, etc. Some of the things ancient blacks knew and did still aren't known or haven't been replicated to this day!! That doesn't sound like the race of savages that we're portrayed as now, after we fast forward a couple thousand years and witness how blacks are being looked at as evil savages or just plain savages...... hard to get people to sympathize with the plight of savage folks!

I need to have a really good reason to dislike/hate anyone, you know like (1)they stole from me or (2)harmed me/someone I care about.... skin color's not a good enough reason for me. I'm pretty sure for every race there's some of our own peeps within it we don't care for too much either!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Don't you have the right to know who your accuser is? Seems like something I would want to know if I were this guy, then confront the "special" person that reported a man for walking around with his hands in his pockets. Why can't people just mind their own business?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Don't you have the right to know who your accuser is? Seems like something I would want to know if I were this guy, then confront the "special" person that reported a man for walking around with his hands in his pockets. Why can't people just mind their own business?

You have the right to face your accuser in an open court of a law provided you were arrested and charged with a crime yes, but anonymous tips are just that..

Why people cant mind there own business because we live in a post apocalyptic world where fear rules over every other logical emotion.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Racism is a made up fallacy that got poor people to stop attacking wealthy people so determinedly. Classism is the real issue- the type of classism that teaches rich folks that having money is prerequisite to never having to apologize.

Maybe I'm just lucky that I was the only white dude in my neighborhood growing up, but I think the worst part of the racial issue is giving white people the false idea they are superior. It's easy to shrug off, as a black man, the idea that you are inferior because it is a negative perspective, and is obviously false... but white folks are lost in the lie because the lie benefits them. It's not easy to turn away from the idea that you are superior- even though it is obviously false.

I saw it firsthand when all my friends growing up had me steal candy and paint from the stores because no one watched me. We knew even at 10 years old that white skin was camouflage... Such a fucked up inherent aspect of this country, as Brother Ali says "I either fight in the movement or think I'm entitled to it"... Far too many people just behave entitled to it.

This conversation reminds me of this song:

"One man wants to leave the next man outdone. And the outcome reveals we might need one another, so I give you a pound and a hug, you're my brother."

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

I would be pissed too if a fucking pig stopped me for walking with my hands in my pockets like it was a crime and I am Caucasian. One time when I was in college, we were walking to a KFC for a cheap bite to eat and a pig rolled by. I guess the next one was hungry for easy targets and stopped his car and told my other homies and I not to be begging for money. We are dirty hippies, but none of us were homeless at the time. I would have given him at least a little shit about it, but my backpack was full of shit lmfao, so we just skated on. I do not think skin color matters when it comes to injustice. It is always wrong. Most beat cops are dumb as shit anyway, but I like to use that to my benefit ;) Racism is pure bullshit and it is truly a sad story that in a country that is supposed to be a beautiful melting pot is the epicenter of racially motivated disputes. It is ignorance at it's best and sadly enough a learned trait. One big thing that I have always loved about cannabis, is that it brings all races and creeds on Earth together and back to the dirt. Just a beautiful thing. Always good to keep a camera on those coppers. Keeps them honest once in a while. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
A little more hindsight into the story, Oakland county is just crime ridden and i mean RIDDEN! So this guys allegedly walking past a store thats been robbed like 7 times already, and the owner of the store thinks the guys casing the joint, so he called the cops...

Now the argument can be made if the guy was white would the same thing have happened and knowing oakland county a little bit id have to say the answers more then likely yes.. The same thing would have happened.. The clerk called out of fear plain and simple, However irrational, it goes to show how controlling fear can be, The clerk instead of trying to understand the situation, jumped right to allowing his fear to control his actions..

I often wonder whats changed since the days my parents grew up, beat cops walking the streets, neighbors friendly ect ect. To what we have now, a constant living in fear mentality ...

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

A little more hindsight into the story, Oakland county is just crime ridden and i mean RIDDEN! ...

I work in Pontiac and I don't think it's a bad place. It's Oakland county's worst city but the rest of Oakland county is very mellow. Tons of nice sub divisions and rich to very rich people. So plenty of burglaries and rich kids od'ing. I bet with pontiac included Oakland county had less than 20 homocides this year. I lived n royal oak for a stretch n have worked n Oakland county since the late 90s and have never had an issue. I look thru different lenses tho. Growing up in flint we always thought of Oakland county as a rich mans paradise.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I lived in Royal Oak/Ferndale/Eastpointe for a while my self, early 2000's.. Always looked at that area as the better part of detroit more or less.. So yeah i guess it really depends on what side of oakland county yer on really..

Or perhaps things have changed a little in the 12+ years since i was down there lol :D Either way id prolly still prefer mccomb county over oakland tbh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom