After a couple successful harvest.. I finally got the sac.. in need of advice

• Thread starter Cannabanana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannabanana

Cannabanana

Thank you in advance for any information and guidance.

As the picture below shows, I walked into my room last night and lo and behold, the holy sac presented itself on the first plant in the room. I quickly removed the plant carefully by cutting it in pieces making sure to not disturb the sac. Following that, I went on the hunt and found a total of 8 plants with sacs (out of 130). Luckily, the plants have been lollipopped and they were pretty noticeable. All sacs were noticed below. Bud sites looked fine when I looked over them. Even the plants that I chopped, all bud sites looked normal and healthy.

it’s hard to tell if any of the sacs were open, I think maybe 1-2 were, but I want to know what my likelihood is of saving this harvest. Today is the start of week 5. The strain is feminized ICC. Room temp 78, RH 55, constant carbon filter running with intake/exhaust. Lights LED. Nothing has changed from previous harvests. I have been running the same strain for a while now with no major problems. This is now the 4th generation of this cut from what I know. Not sure if that has an influence on whether or not a plant will herm. Any advice would be appreciated on how to save the rest of this harvest and if anyone has had an success stories. Thank you!
991C9A65-37F7-43C9-A9CC-9CBAC9CDAC84.jpeg

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
You would know cause you'd see withered pistils if it had released any viable pollen...pluck it off....and watch them close...ease up on whatever may be stressing them....power to it
FOE20

Cannabanana

Cannabanana

You would know cause you'd see withered pistils if it had released any viable pollen...pluck it off....and watch them close...ease up on whatever may be stressing them....power to it
FOE20
I’m assuming the withered pistils you’re describing are the ones on the bud? There have been times on previous harvests where they will orange and whither a bit but they’ve never produced seeds or hermed. I guess it is a more prominent and well rounded form of withering?

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Sorry for the misfortune. I’ve heard in here that you should mist with water to wash away/ kill the pollen before removing the plant. Hope for ya that no bad comes of it as it looks like you’ve got a big set up.

Ponky

Ponky

If you know the strain to be stable but somehow got a herm I'd look at water contamination. Endocrine disruptors. Metals. Crap like that. As I assume thats a larger setup. Cheap crappy plastic watering barrels. Or something in the water itself.

Cannabanana

Cannabanana

If you know the strain to be stable but somehow got a herm I'd look at water contamination. Endocrine disruptors. Metals. Crap like that. As I assume thats a larger setup. Cheap crappy plastic watering barrels. Or something in the water itself.
The strain has actually been VERY resilient. Has been put through the ringer and made it out with amazing buds. Same water has been used since last year and the bucket is of decent quality. It’s interesting how 8 plants simultaneously showed sacs at the bottom only. I did feed earlier in the day by hand. Not sure how quickly sacs can show themselves.

Ponky

Ponky

The strain has actually been VERY resilient. Has been put through the ringer and made it out with amazing buds. Same water has been used since last year and the bucket is of decent quality. It’s interesting how 8 plants simultaneously showed sacs at the bottom only. I did feed earlier in the day by hand. Not sure how quickly sacs can show themselves.
Maybe someone had pollen on their clothes or it was in the air. Or somehow there's 3xcess metals. Like silver or copper or something rare and weird like that. I think they can sneak up on you in like 2 days. Your scenario is very odd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom