after curing weed smells like hay?

• Thread starter captainkip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
william76

william76

Just wondering,how does it increase potency?maybe weight but potency?i dont see how,all the best,76

robomont

robomont

it has to do with burning i think.ive been doing it for years and it works great with bone dry cheap mexican.heres why i think it works.just a theory.
the water molecule keeps the thc from flashing when fire is applied.if the thc flashes it breaks down into minor elements that will not get you high.the water basically keeps it cool enough from flashing.

A

Alan Miller

after my last harvest i hung it for 5 days (popcorn sized buds) cut them off the stems threw them into a paper bag for a day then threw them into a jar for a day burping them every few hours put them back in the paper bag for a day and then back into the jar seemed quite dry and was smokeable but smelt like hay and had basically no taste now for the actual question i cut a small branch off of my plant that i have flowering now the bud is nearly dry and still smells like hay? any advice?
get a humidity pack boviedo or close 62 percent

madgrower

madgrower

I agree...well at least with the fact that my experience has been that my pants usually are pretty dry in 3 days or so. Granted I didn't have any 54 g (wet) colas and quite a few of what would be considered popcorn buds AND I think I may have jarred them up when they were a little too moist which I heard makes them smell like hay. Also I don't think I flushed it as long as I should have....well I guess I did a few things wrong...I also might try this 'freeze cure' I've heard of. Apparently you just cut your plant, throw it in a Tupperware, toss it in the freezer for 30 days, take it out and it's good to go!
Freezer makes it smell like hay too. I trim wet and leave the buds on the stems dry on a rack in a tent as slow as possible and don’t have the hay smell

London bud

London bud

it actually seems like pretty good genetics but it's just bag seed but it has to be atleast decent genetics seeing the trich's i smoked the small bud i had picked off and it tasted pretty good very nice taste to it i don't know how to describe the taste though it was the opposite of earthy i guess
You just gotta be patient bro, don't rush it when yr curing. I'd say most bud needs a month before it smells its best

London bud

London bud

Hey Rabbi, When u say light is the enemy after harvest? Do u mean all light. Like house lamps or just sun light? We just had a harvest that smelled awsome at the cut down, but a few days into the dry/cure some has started to lose all smell/taste? WTF. Any help be great.
That's normal, all plants smell like that after cut, it's the chlorophyll. You gotta wait form the smell to come back thorouh as the chlorophyll brakes down

London bud

London bud

you can always make your own dessicate by drying out sand in the oven then putting it in a pill bottle that has a few holes in it.the pill bottle then goes in your container.where i live,the humidity is usually around 60-70%.so only in summer,do i have dry weed.
for dry weed,i put about 4-6 drops of water per quarter ounce,shake well and seal for thirty minutes.this increases potency and sellable weight.
I'm pretty sure shaking well doesn't do anything to increase potency, wouldnt it decrease potency?
Bud needs gentle treatment to maintain its best

F

fafa

I disagree... If your buds are dry they should smell dank.. NOT green or like hay... Having chopped over 400 plants there are too reasons for your product to smell like hay...1) you didnt let your plant finish...Allow them to go 14 days longer next run.. 2) Improper drying... Did your buds smell like hay when they were growing...no....In no way does this relate to cutting the grass... Allow your plants to finish and dry in cool environment...No grass smell... Every plant i chop smells dank..When dry smells dank...When cured smells dank..Tell you what ask him how it smells in a month...Bet it still smells floral and not dank..You cant tell me that you can go from hay to smelling like kush...Its impossible...Genetics are the main factor... Curing is a process that allows the aroma to thicken up and manifest in its own aromas...
Dextro,

I'd go one further and say that curing happens as foreplay to drying the plants. What we are doing after the buds are adequately dry is maturing or conditioning them. But most growers if asked would say that curing comes after drying.

Ed Rosenthal, who isn't a shabby grower himself says:

"Curing is the process after harvest but before drying., during which many of the cell's metabolic processes continue for a while. Buds continue to cure when they are kept at about 60 - 70 degrees F with humidity of 50%. The cells retain moisture and convert complex carbohydrates back to simple sugars and break down some pigments including chlorophyll."

The plant is still alive for up to 72 hours and other pigments that appear during this cure give the bud its attractive color. If you start the cure at a higher temperature you risk missing this breakdown.

I agree with your take on water curing. I won't use water for making my first run of hash. It robs it of the varietal character and flavor. It's only when I can't sift or tumble no more does it see H2O.

The Reef
Or surrely you have a european seed with with genetic probleme...like during drying she loose all taste and high ...if. you. Want to know the. Truthe 8 day before cut and dry ...don,t give any water to your plant and 8 or 10 days after when you smoke it she good for near 24h surrely you have the bad seed from french country so put all the seed to micro wave until you hear the seed pop .,,, and when you sure the seed can.t germinate give the seed to the bird...,, the kind of pot is worst swindle and it impossible to cure .,..

Shedhead

Shedhead

I agree with tex, genetics is everything. You can take the best cut, screw it, and dry it any way you want, its still going to be dank. lol On the other hand you can give crap to a master grower and you still get crap.
I'm pretty sure shaking well doesn't do anything to increase potency, wouldnt it decrease potency?
Bud needs gentle treatment to maintain its best
no way adding water and shaking will increase potency, the only thing shaking will do is agitate the trichomes and make it smell nicer for a while because your cracking the trichomes heads up which releases the nicer smell. And as for adding water for sellable weight I wouldn't want to be a customer of yours sorry bro.

Top Bottom