Air and water pump heating my water ?

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I recently made a DYI uc using 18 gallon storage containers with 9 grow sites Under 4k
We have a eco 1056 water pump a 6 site commercial and a dual diaphragm air pump

thumb-eco.jpg

aac12out.jpg

HPAGHD_100.jpg

It is heating up in less than 24 hours I put water in that is 60 degrees and in 24 hours its 75. It has 120 gallons in it thats awful fast to heat up with out a heater. I even put the air pumps in the cold hallway where its 65 all the time.
It seems the commercial air pump blows out hot air. This eco pump has to have its hand in the heating as well.

Has anyone used these products do they get exceptionally hot ?
Is that why they are cheaper ?

I am looking for a chiller now but I still might change the all the pumps if it will make it better. My uc I bought from cc stays cool without a chiller so far with 6 k on it. So this warming issue seems extreme to me.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I dunno, but I run a chiller on my DIY Ugly Current. I am using 3 air pumps, an Alita 80, and Alita 60 and a Hagen's "The Pump" 20 and I run a Danner 1200 water pump... none really run hot, the chiller doesn't run much....... but it has been running a lot more now that it is getting warm outside. Most people I know run a chiller in the summertime.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Yes it can happen. Hydro Innovations Ice Cap could help. It's like a little radiator. Chiller required though.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I am down with the chiller. Just want to make sure these pumps and air are gonna work. I wanted to get a Alita 80 and a Danner 1200 but I have a partner on these systems and he likes to pinch penny's allot more than me (we saved about 200-250 per uc not worth it to me). I guess I will give it a shot and see what happens. I feel like I have a bad ass race car with shitty tires.

M

mrenz999

Sometimes with those pumps it helps to run an extra bleed off line to the res. Seems to release some of the heat. Worked on mine.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I had no choice but to get a chiller it was getting 75 degrees with only 1 light on it stays 68 now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom