Air And Water Temps

• Thread starter CreamCorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CreamCorn

so I just installed a chiller, and am wondering what temp people are running their systems at? What's your air temps (w/co2).

Now that I have a chiller I am upping my room temp to take advantage of the co2. Running the room just under 90, water temp 68 humidity 45ish.

Just wondering what's worked for others.

M

MedicalMG

wow I would never run a room at almost 90 thats crazy. i keep my rooms around 77 in the day and yes I have c02. I've run hotter rooms but only with problems. water temp seems right but with a room thats 90 and water being 68 you're going to have some serious condensation. I would re-think the room temp.

C

CreamCorn

I'm probably closer to 85. I have read that to properly process co2 enrichment you need to be between 80-90. Do you find this isn't true? I run the co2 around 1200ppm

M

MedicalMG

I have other grows beyond my current culture and I usually aim for a 2.5lb a light so I believe the co2 works at lower temps. If my warehouse ever got to 90 I would freak out I never go above 80. Now I've read the same things online you did and when I first got co2 I ran it hot, it still upped my yield compared to no co2 but I've noticed better yeilds at lower temperatures. I personally believe adding co2 makes the plants heartier and gives you the ability to grow hotter with less issue, i don't think that always means you should though. I'd strongly urge you to relook at room temp.

edit-as far as ppm of co2 i start with 1000ppm in veg (because most people forget but co2 added to veg helps ALOT) and slowly build to 1500ppm by a week or so into flower.

edit2- also with those temps you better keep your humidity low because hot humid rooms to me scream "ready for mites and mold"

Last edited:
C

CreamCorn

Funny I was looking at their site noticed that and that's what made me ask the question. Humidity is under control. But I am considering lowering the room temp to 80.

M

MedicalMG

I would, I don't ever do much above 80. Plus only a couple weeks of there recommendations are anywhere near 80 most are mid to high 70's with co2. I doubt that they would suggest temps that low with co2 if the plants can't use it under 80.

C

CreamCorn

That's what I was wondering it appears those temps are running co2 but I wasn't 100% sure.

RoeBuck

RoeBuck

I run my water at 68 throughout the grow until near the end. Over the last week and through the flush I lower it to about 66, at the same time lowering the water level. The idea being to simulate what would happen outdoors as the growing season comes to an end.

Regarding air temps, my understanding is that they should be slightly higher with co2, in the 77 - 86 degree range. I try to stay around 84 but now that the days are getting cooler I can't get above about 78 without supplemental heat. The temp spread is also important. Lights off temps are recommended to be about 10 degrees lower than light on to promote proper respiration during lights off.

Top Bottom