Air conditioner or dehumidifier

• Thread starter CannabisAK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannabisAK

CannabisAK

So heres my problem. I live in Alaska for starters. And im in the hottest time of the year. Im was having high humidity in my room where I have my tent (70%). So I got a dehumidifier so I can keep my room at a constant 40%. But since its the hottest time of the summer, im seeing up to 85°F in my tent, do I worry about this? I cant fit both a dehumidifier and AC unit in my room. So do I keep the dehumidifier? Or do I get an AC unit, is there a good AC unit that actually dehumidifys aswell. Any help would be appreciated.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

An ac will keep your temps steady but your rh will jump around a bit.

shenkerism

shenkerism

Most consumer grade dehumidifiers actually add some heat to the space, as they generally have the compressor, condensing and evaporating coil in one small package. All AC units will dry the air to an extent, as they cool the air moisture condenses on the coil and drips into a tray. I suggest trying an AC, the type with wheels. If you can vent outside, get the style with two hoses, inside air stays inside, outside air cools the refrigerant. Some will come with a special flange to mount the exhaust hoses in the window. If you use an old window/wall-mount style, just be sure it has a way to drain condensate, and unless you get real creative with ducting, it will be venting the heat into your room. The tent may be cool, but the room would suck to be in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom